See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Very close to the centre of Pointe a Pitre. Many shops around. Cruise terminal at walking distance. The hotel looks old and is expensive for a 2 star hotel 100 Euro/night. It also needs serious improvement, but it's ok for one night before embarkation on a cruise ship. It's about 7.5 km away from the airport. We took a taxi from the airport and we paid 25 Euro for 2 adults and 1 child.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Alina G
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Even though I could not speak French, everyone was very helpful. My son spoke French so he was my translator everywhere we went. The room was basic, clean, and comfortable. The location of the hotel is perfect, we were within walking distance of everything. The only negative was November 1st is a holiday and we did not take that into consideration, all the stores were closed. Anyway, it was our mistake but we still managed to do a tour of the island with family. The two gentlemen that works the night shift were very patient and friendly. Valerie the manager was very friendly and always smiling, expecially when she found out that my son is a boat captain just like her son.Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Make sure you check to see if there are any French holidays during your stay because everything will be closed.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2017

My visit to this property left me feeling a bit like I had a Graham Greene experience. The hotel is located on a quite harbor in a backwater Caribbean city. Old Town Pointe-a-Petre is filled with rambling, and in some cases, collapsing buildings. Picturesque, to say the least.

The hotel is modern, located a reasonable distance from the airport and is minimally staffed by helpful people.

The Wi-Fi did not work, the television was hopeless, the ac was so-so and parking was frustrating. Also there was construction in the hall. However it was a laid back experience with friendly clerks who tried to be helpful. It was quiet and the room had a refrigerator, telephone and a balcony with a view.

The cost was about 100 euros.

There is a small shop around the corner where you can purchase food and wine.

The location in the old town was a mixed blessing. It bustles during the day but at dusk they roll up the sidewalks. Even the MacDonalds on Rue Frebault closes at 7 pm. (Rue Frebault T-intersects with the quai in front of the hotel.) It was a Monday evening and everything was closed except an outside Indian café near the hotel and a hole in the wall sandwich place across from MacDonalds about 8 blocks away. It is "Damas" and they serve wonderful sandwiches but close at 9 pm.

All I all it was a good stay and I recommend it for a night or so.

Room Tip: Rooms face either the harbor or old town. Great views either way.
2  Thank doctorpatrick
Reviewed 22 March 2017

We spent one night, before embarking o a 1 week cruise. it was mainély chosen, being very near to the port.
It was very economic, no luxury, but clean, basic equipment, good self-service breakfast and could leave the luggages behind for a day.
Good value for money.

2  Thank donat56
Reviewed 20 March 2017

Stayed here one night because it is only about 15 minutes from the airport. As far as I could determine, this is the only hotel that is close to the airport. First, most people flying in and out of Guadeloupe rent cars if they plan to explore the island. There is not much in the way of public transportation on Guadeloupe. There is NO hotel parking. If you arrive before 5pm, there is NO "on street" parking. Spent a lot of time driving round and round trying to find a parking spot. Second, the a/c is preset to a very warm setting and cannot be adjusted by the guest or hotel staff. To activate the a/c, you have to place your room key in a slot in the room. To leave the room, you have to remove the room key and the a/c turns off. When you come back, the room is unbearably warm and the room never cools off. WIFI- I diligently followed the instructions to log on to the WIFI in the room and could not. I finally took my tablet and my husband's cell down to Reception. The young man there had trouble getting me connected, but after about 15 minutes was able to get us connected. WIFI reception in the room is spotty. The young man at the desk was very pleasant and apologetic about the a/c, but said there was nothing he could do. TV- the TV did not work. Even though it is only in French, I speak and understand the language and would have liked to watch the news. The young man at the desk was again very pleasant, but said he could not do anything. He suggested that the remote might be the problem and that I try the manual controls on the set. I had already done that without success. Food-Apparently all the restaurants are only open for lunch and the hotel only serves breakfast. We walked and walked all over downtown. Every restaurant that had been open earlier was now closed, 7:00pm. We had remembered seeing a McDonalds earlier and headed that way. They were also closed. This is the first time I have ever given a poor rating on Trip Advisor. I cannot think of a single positive thing to say about this hotel or the town of Pointe A Pitre. Oops, I can. The hotel has plenty of hot water.

1  Thank crawley20