US$ 91
Priceline
US$ 275
US$ 223
  • Pool
La Maison Creole(Le Gosier)
US$ 112
US$ 105
Hotels.com
US$ 256
US$ 226
All reviewscruise terminaltwo blockscab rideperfect locationeurosst
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Even though I could not speak French, everyone was very helpful. My son spoke French so he was my translator everywhere we went. The room was basic, clean, and comfortable. The location of the hotel is perfect, we were within walking distance of everything. The only negative was November 1st is a holiday and we did not take that into consideration, all the stores were closed. Anyway, it was our mistake but we still managed to do a tour of the island with family. The two gentlemen that works the night shift were very patient and friendly. Valerie the manager was very friendly and always smiling, expecially when she found out that my son is a boat captain just like her son.Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Make sure you check to see if there are any French holidays during your stay because everything will be closed.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2017

My visit to this property left me feeling a bit like I had a Graham Greene experience. The hotel is located on a quite harbor in a backwater Caribbean city. Old Town Pointe-a-Petre is filled with rambling, and in some cases, collapsing buildings. Picturesque, to say the least.

The hotel is modern, located a reasonable distance from the airport and is minimally staffed by helpful people.

The Wi-Fi did not work, the television was hopeless, the ac was so-so and parking was frustrating. Also there was construction in the hall. However it was a laid back experience with friendly clerks who tried to be helpful. It was quiet and the room had a refrigerator, telephone and a balcony with a view.

The cost was about 100 euros.

There is a small shop around the corner where you can purchase food and wine.

The location in the old town was a mixed blessing. It bustles during the day but at dusk they roll up the sidewalks. Even the MacDonalds on Rue Frebault closes at 7 pm. (Rue Frebault T-intersects with the quai in front of the hotel.) It was a Monday evening and everything was closed except an outside Indian café near the hotel and a hole in the wall sandwich place across from MacDonalds about 8 blocks away. It is "Damas" and they serve wonderful sandwiches but close at 9 pm.

All I all it was a good stay and I recommend it for a night or so.

Room Tip: Rooms face either the harbor or old town. Great views either way.
2  Thank doctorpatrick
Reviewed 22 March 2017

We spent one night, before embarking o a 1 week cruise. it was mainély chosen, being very near to the port.
It was very economic, no luxury, but clean, basic equipment, good self-service breakfast and could leave the luggages behind for a day.
Good value for money.

2  Thank donat56
Reviewed 20 March 2017

Stayed here one night because it is only about 15 minutes from the airport. As far as I could determine, this is the only hotel that is close to the airport. First, most people flying in and out of Guadeloupe rent cars if they plan to explore the island. There is not much in the way of public transportation on Guadeloupe. There is NO hotel parking. If you arrive before 5pm, there is NO "on street" parking. Spent a lot of time driving round and round trying to find a parking spot. Second, the a/c is preset to a very warm setting and cannot be adjusted by the guest or hotel staff. To activate the a/c, you have to place your room key in a slot in the room. To leave the room, you have to remove the room key and the a/c turns off. When you come back, the room is unbearably warm and the room never cools off. WIFI- I diligently followed the instructions to log on to the WIFI in the room and could not. I finally took my tablet and my husband's cell down to Reception. The young man there had trouble getting me connected, but after about 15 minutes was able to get us connected. WIFI reception in the room is spotty. The young man at the desk was very pleasant and apologetic about the a/c, but said there was nothing he could do. TV- the TV did not work. Even though it is only in French, I speak and understand the language and would have liked to watch the news. The young man at the desk was again very pleasant, but said he could not do anything. He suggested that the remote might be the problem and that I try the manual controls on the set. I had already done that without success. Food-Apparently all the restaurants are only open for lunch and the hotel only serves breakfast. We walked and walked all over downtown. Every restaurant that had been open earlier was now closed, 7:00pm. We had remembered seeing a McDonalds earlier and headed that way. They were also closed. This is the first time I have ever given a poor rating on Trip Advisor. I cannot think of a single positive thing to say about this hotel or the town of Pointe A Pitre. Oops, I can. The hotel has plenty of hot water.

1  Thank crawley20
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Location: This is what I liked best (during the day). It is located in the heart of the town of Pointe a Pitre. It is the only hotel in the town. It is close to stores and shopping...Close to KFC and McDonalds. At nights there are many vendors selling food on Place la Victoire. (sp?). It is also very close to a super market (Ecomax) and number of pharmacies. It is close to the ferry terminal to Marigalante, Les saints and l'express des isles to Dominica, Martinique, and St. Lucia.

(What I do not like) At night the area is dark, not well lit and does not appear too safe though I heard of nothing during my stay. There are prostitutes on every block (street). The hotel appears to be safe ... you have to be buzzed in to enter and cannot just walk in from the street, but I would not recommend being outside late at night.

Breakfast: Breakfast was good. I liked the options. You had hot and cold options. Eggs, ham, cold cuts, cheeses, yoghurts, jelly butter, cereal, all types of breads and juices, coffee, cappuccino.... I could go on and on.

It is walking distance form the port (l'express des isles) and about 15-20 minutes from the airport in Les Abymes.

The rooms: I have stayed there on two occasions and the rooms we got were ok. It is a hotel of convenience... if you have business in the town or shopping to do I would recommend it for a short stay. If you want to stay for a longer period beyond 1-3 nights or you are looking for R&R I would not recommend it. There is no gym or pool on site.

The phones in the bedrooms do not work and internet wifi is given to only one person in the bedroom. (Pure Crap!) and the signal can be weak at times. The AC cannot be adjusted but I think it could be a little cooler. There is a small refrigerator in the bedroom but it is not very cold. Like I said it tolerable ...I would recommend it for a short stay.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends