All reviewspuerto bahiainfinity poolliving roommini marketjuan migueldominican breakfastspent two nightsdel mar restaurantmountain viewluxurious accommodationbeautiful hotelnice swimmingdominican republicdi parmabig balconyfront desk managerwhale watching
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I've stayed at multiple resorts in the Dominican Republic. This was my first time at the Bannister; I didn't know much about it, but was very pleasantly surprised.

Brickbats: only one, really. The resort is fairly isolated. It's a US$90 taxi ride from the airport, and a longish way from the town of Samana. The resort does offer a shuttle to and from the gate on the main road, but from there it's up to you to flag down a passing motorconcho. And be aware that the shuttle service is neither timely nor complimentary (a charge will appear on your bill).

Bouquets: (1) there seemed to be very few other guests, so the pools, restaurants and other amenities were never anywhere near crowded; (2) the buildings and furnishings are in excellent condition; (3) the complimentary wifi is extremely powerful; (4) all the staff members I dealt with were friendly and helpful.

Bottom line: I would very happily stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reservations M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at The Bannister Hotel & Yacht Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience lived at The Bannister Hotel & Yacht Club.

It was a pleasure for us welcoming you for the first time in our resort and we are happy to learn that you stay lived up your expectations.

We would like to thank you for your kind words towards our staff. Make sure we will pass to them your comments which help them a lot to keep working hard to offer excepcional service.

We also thank you for your constructive comments about the transportation. We are already working on it, trying to find a better way to do it.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I travel quite a lot within the Dominican Republic. I live here and own my own small little bread and breakfast. I have been to the top of hotels on the island and I was very skeptical with paying such a low amount for a place that appeared to be so beautiful. My husband, daughter and I had a one bedroom suite overlooking the ocean. They even gave us a separate bed for our daughter and had it set up in the living room.

This has been has been by far one of the best places I have ever stayed on this island. The food for hotel food - was good. The coffee was good. The service was excellent. The Best Bacon Cheeseburger I have had living in the DR! Very clean, very amicable, and just beautiful. The pool over looking the ocean is perfect. Small, quaint, personal, but very relaxing admirable views. I was really taken aback.

There is no other way to visit Cayo Levantado but with them. WE took the boat charter from the hotel directly to cayo levantado and trust me, I had done it on my own in the past, and this is the only way to do it. I think we have found our new place in Samana to stay at. Again, for the price, it is a steal, and I would pay double if I had too as well. Really stellar place. I want to commend Mr. Wellington who from the moment I made the reservation was attentive, and when we arrived at the hotel he kept his word over what he offered our family and was very generous with including breakfast for my daughter as well. Which is surprising here for hotel managers to honor their offers. Thank you Wellington!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reservations M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at The Bannister Hotel & Yacht Club, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive opinion on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at The Bannister Hotel & Yacht Club.

We are happy to learn that you appreciated our service and we hope you have the opportunity to return and fully enjoy our Hotel in the near future. We are also pleased to know that we have exceeded your expectations.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Samaná!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We had a lovely time at this super luxurious hotel over winter break. I knew I loved this place when I walked into the suite and saw the Acqua di Parma bathroom toiletries, the rest of the experience followed just as wonderful, on a high note. Adored the staff, the pool, the view, the food, all of it.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DorothyN1974
Reservations M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at The Bannister Hotel & Yacht Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion on TripAdvisor following your recent stay in The Bannister Hotel & Yacht Club.

We are pleased to read that you had a lovely stay, and that you enjoyed our services and facilities.

We work hard to create positive experiences for our customers with optimum services and facilities in order to make an unforgettable stay for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Samaná!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 17 March 2018

I was originally supposed to stay on a sailboat docked at this Yacht Club but it was just too hot to sleep on the boat so I checked with the hotel to see about spending the remainder of my stay in a room in the hotel. I asked for the cheaper of the two types of rooms - mountain view - but they only had ocean view left but gave it to me for the lesser price. The service in this hotel is amazing. I think there are more staff than guests at most times so they are always there to be of service. It is a very quiet hotel. At times I was the only one at the pool or the only one in a restaurant. I ate at all 3 restaurants and the food was great. Breakfast is also included in the stay.

Each room is a suite. There is a living area, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. The kitchen is fully stocked to be able to cook simple meals. I took advantage of this as there are supermarkets relatively close by.

The pools are beautiful. The view is stunning. The staff are super helpful. The food is great. The service is amazing. I will definitely be back....soon!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Natalie,

Thank you for sharing your positive opinion on TripAdvisor following your recent meeting in The Bannister Hotel & Yacht Club.

We are happy to learn that you appreciated our services and facilities.

Special thanks for your kind words towards our staff. We will pass your comments to our team.

We hope you have the opportunity to return and fully enjoy our Hotel in the near future.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Samaná!

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Great hotel..... very well appointed. This isn't one that looks better in the pictures. This one is better in person. Great staff at every turn. They deliver. We extended our stay due to this staff and the hotel. Nicely done.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reservations M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at The Bannister Hotel & Yacht Club, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your kind words towards our colleagues. We will pass your comments to all our staff team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Samaná in the near future!

Yours sincerely,