Where do I begin? First of all, the people who gave this resort a 5 out of 5 rating were bang on - the Cayo Levantado was the nicest resort we have ever stayed at. We have been to many Bahia Principe's in the past in Mexico and others in the Dominican Republic and this is by far the best. We loved it because it was much smaller and on an island. The resort is beautifully kept, the gardens, the decor, everything was just perfect. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and always had a smile and an hola!!! Coming from Toronto it is only a 4 hour flight directly into Samana and then only a 1 hour bus ride and a 10 minute ferry ride to the island. It sometimes takes us longer to drive to our cottage than it took us to get to the Cayo Levantado.
We are not early risers and we were always able to get a beach or pool lounger with an umbrella and towels without any problem at all - I loved this!!!! All the a la carte restaurants were fantastic, but the Don Pablo staff really outdid themselves on our last night there. We were treated like royalty as it was my 50th Birthday, they had sprinkled rose petals on the table, gave us a bottle of champaign and then at the end of dinner brought out a heart shaped birthday cake with a candle. We had originally booked a regular standard room as this is all we could get through WestJet Vacations for the dates we wanted to travel, but emailed the resort a couple weeks prior to our trip to request a very specific room upgrade to a Junior Suite Superior in Villa 2 and when we arrived we were given the exact room we requested. All the rooms in Villa #2 had a great view of the ocean.
The food was good and I am a very picky eater, but I always found something to eat. We also did the Zip Lining Tour in Samana - What a day - I jumped off a 400 ft. cliff.....not too bad for someone who is teriffied of heights. Thanks for the encouragement Bart (the guy that actually built the "Walk the Plank" Zip Line in Samana) and Bart's parents (who just happened to be on the same tour as us) - you really helped me get over my fear and scratch one off of my bucket list.
I could go on and on, but really you need to experience this resort first hand - read all the great reviews and book this for your next vacation. I would say it is a great place for couples of all ages to reconnect, recharge your batteries and relax - I was a true slice of heaven.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 pools 3 Jacuzzis with bar Large sun terrace and gardens with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 1 tennis court Motorised water sports (additional charge) Store Heliport WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) Main buffet-style restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Cocktail Lounge Snack-bar Wedding gazebo Rooms 268 rooms including 5 types Superior, Junior Suite, Superior Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite and Beach Villas. Superior Junior Suites, Deluxe Junior Suites and Beach Villas are larger than the Junior Suite and Superior. Room facilities: King size four poster bed Air conditioning Ceiling fan Sitting area with desk Balcony or terrace Fully-equipped marble bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, separate shower, bidet, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Telephone in bathroom Don Pablo Collection amenities Bathrobe and slippers Radio alarm clock with iPod docking station Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Flat screen satellite TV Safe Mini-bar with alcoholic drinks Wifi Coffee-making facilities Ironing set 24 hour room service Evening downturn service Outdoor Jacuzzi (Deluxe Junior Suites) Butler service Pillow menu Aroma menu Beach Villas: Seafront location with outdoor Jacuzzi, pillow menu available on request, baggage unpacking and ironing service, laundry service (optional) Other services Medical and pharmacy service (additional charge for both) Stores in the hotel Heliport and private boat (available on request for an additional charge) Mainland reception and transfer by boat (included in the booking fee) Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Hotel
- Cayo Levantado Samana
- Cayo Levantado Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado
- Cayo Levantado Hotel Samana