2,552 results
All reviews kids water park garden grill a la carte restaurants air canada huge resort bavaro lobby lobby bar closer to the beach buffet restaurant great vacation michael jackson show t shirts ala carts hot dogs adjoining rooms dominican restaurant beach pool
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Great budget friendly family resort. Staff not as friendly as some other all inclusive resorts we’ve been to, but in their defense, they were really busy. Rooms were very nice and clean so were grounds. Pool by the beach was full of sand and hair according to my daughter who refused to go there butthere were enough other pools inside the resort to enjoy. Food was good and plenty. Since I mentioned that staff wasn’t as good as in other resorts we visited, I also wanna mention that they were exceptions to that. Alfredo from the guest services (front desk) was exceptionally helpful and pleasant when we needed to exchange our rooms in the middle of our stay, same goes for Ronny from Turquesa buffett who was always pleasant and smiling and ready o help. Overall, we had good time at Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa and will come back!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Online Reputati... C, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Guest,

For all of us, it is a pleasure to know that we have provided you with a great vacation in our Hotel. Alfredo and Ronny will be happy to know that they did an great work.

We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you once again at Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa. Please don´t hesitate to contact us prior arrival to the email info.turquesa@bahia-principe.com

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2018

This hotel is one of a group of hotels connected in Bavaro under the Grand Bahia hotel group. Having been to other Carribean islands we booked this thinking we had a good deal. The hotel had more recommendations than the others Bavaro and Punta Cana but the hotel has been deceiving. As older adults with children flown the nest we thought going in June there would be few children in the hotel. This certainly is not true with plenty of Spanish speaking and some Americans but very few British. This is where I see the issue even Reception were poorly English spoken and really were not helpful. The room and food were acceptable but not fantastic unless you go for al a crate which you can do three times a week without extra payment. Plenty of drink and not watered down. Food was very similar each day but missing some basic food we are used to in UK. Can’t really put my finger what was wrong but probably feel the personal service was not as expected. music is played very loud around pool which was frustrating. The whole hotel complex can hold up to 8000 guests and is the largest on the island

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank PhilS2451
Online Reputati... C, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Phil,

We apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced. We are really sorry for not being able to fulfill your expectations.

Please rest assured that we are taking your observations into great consideration and have been transmitted to the Management.

For any additional information, you can contact us at info.turquesa@bahia-principe.com

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

This resort was so accommodating to families. The grounds were so well maintained and the food was delicious at every meal. We spent everyday at the water park and there was always fresh food and drinks ready at the snack hut. So we never had to leave when the kids were having so much fun in the pool. Loved this place and will definitely return!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank jackiebI1588SQ
Online Reputati... C, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Jackie,

We do not know how to thank you for this kind of comments, it is gratifying to know that you enjoyed a perfect family vacation and thank you very much for highlighting our delicious food and well-maintained ground.

Looking forward to seeing you soon and continue providing the most enjoyable experiences. For future assistance, you can contact us at info.turquesa@bahia-principe.com

Always your disposal,

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Check in was fast but we were giving the wrong room. Spoke to reception and they unfortunately had no other rooms available and just apologized.

But here is the Warning warning warning....my kids contracted Foot and Mouth Disease. My husband noticed feces on a slide in the childrens pool. We got the kids out. Told the lifeguard and the man said it was going to get cleaned. We sat there and waited. It took about 1 hour later for them to close down the pool as we kept watching kids go down the same slide. It was disgusting and so sad. To all the parents out there please put swimming diapers on your babies. My children are now suffering and in pain because the parents who let their children without diapers play and because of the lifeguards who did not care about the kids without diapers and because there was no urgency about getting it cleaned. It's a children's pool. Overall such a disappointment especially for paying so much for a great family vacation and resulting on your children getting fevers than blisters on their mouth, arms, gential areas, and bottom of their feet. Our vacation was ruined. Parents be prepared...I will absolutely not return and I do not recommend.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank sjchapina23
Reviewed 11 June 2018

We stayed at Grand Bahia Turquesa June 2018 and to give this a 1 star is still to much. First off, let me just say we have stayed at all inclusive resort in Mexico, so going to this all inclusive was not our first rodeo. When me and my family go on vacation, we like to have fun, relax and want to feel welcome by the staff along with having fun with the staff. We like to go to all inclusives because, well its all inclusive and its nice having a daughter who can roam and eat/drink what she wants, when she wants. We picked going to Punta Cana this year to twist it up and see other areas other than Mexico and now I wish I would have never went to Punta Cana or to at least this resort, it really put a bad taste in my mouth and we probably won't be back. Upon our arrival to our resort on May 31st, we arrived early and were able to get our room before the actual check in time which we appreciated. We did notice when we arrived in our room that we got two double beds and a sofa (room 45207). My husband and I noticed we would not be able to sleep in the same bed together so we booted my daughter to the sofa which we were ok with at that time. As we were unpacking we checked the fridge and noticed no beverages were stocked and we were only given two shower towels. As our vacation continued the next couple days, we waited an hour for our lunch food at the Los Corsales, three waiters took our order which was 2 cheeseburgers and a ham & cheese sandwich. It wasn’t till I got up and asked why there were other families that came in after us and that received their food before us, I asked and they didn’t know what we ordered so they made our food and we still had to wait for it to be prepared. At this time we brought this all to the attention of our travel agency as to all the issues we have had. She arranged our room to be moved so all of us could have a bed, I declined as I didn’t want to have to pack up and move. I did talk to a “Wendy” at guest services as there was a letter that was under our door asking us to come down and see “Wendy” as they had information for us, I thought this was about our room, nope it was for us to give feedback about their resort, at this time I told him about everything and he said it would be taken care of. The next day we approached Paola at the front desk and she said they have been trying to call our room to get ahold of us as they moved us to another room which why would we be on vacation and in our room, we were at the pool every day so if someone wanted to reach us have someone come to the pool to inquire if we were there. At this time we did switch to a pool view room (42304) which had a king size bed and a sofa bed, but they said they would bring in a bed for my daughter. After we got unpacked and situated into new room we went to the pool for a bit before dinner, as the night was to end and we were going to bed at 10:30p.m my daughter noticed “Bugs” in her bed. I called down to the front desk and Nelson asked me what I wanted him to do, I said I want someone to come up here and take care of these bugs, sweep them up, bring me new sheets and a new pillow… it was for another 2 hours that me and my husband had to sweep up the bugs, we removed the bed outside of the room. I went down to the front desk and of course nobody was around nor could he find anyone. I ended up having to track down sheets and a pillow for my daughter. When I went down the next morning I showed Paola the pictures and said she didn’t know anything about it and she would send someone up to fumigate the room. At this time my daughter was back to sleeping on the sofa but at this point we were all ready to come home and just wanted to suck it up and get through the remainder of our vacation. Another night passed and my daughter woke up at 6:00a.m to more bugs in her bed on the sofa so I went back down to the lobby to ask for Paola which she wasn’t in till 8:30a.m showed her the pictures on my phone and she said she would send someone up again to fumigate. I waited in the room to make sure someone was actually going to spray as I wasn’t sure what exactly they did, as an hour passed by I called Paola and she said someone was on their way, I demanded I wanted someone up here in 5 minutes as now they were making their way to the bathroom floor. The housekeeper manager arrived and he said they would clean the whole room and we had to vacate the room a few hours. I have never worked so hard on vacation and wasted so much time complaining. (We have vacationed before in Mexico and we are ok with bugs but I don’t want to take them home, last year during our stay in Mexico there was a scorpion in our bed! The crew there reacted and was up in 10 minutes). Also what we noticed about our stay at Grand Bahia Turquesa was there no communication between people. There were numerous times we went to the buffet and were not asked what we wanted to drink or if we wanted another refill. I usually tip very well on vacation but let me just say one too many people received a tip for us. The only person I can say deserved a tip from us was at the Mexican restaurant where we ate dinner. The people in Mexico at our resort worked hard for their tips and it seemed like the people in Punta Cana could care less. There were also numerous times I had to constantly ask for shower towels and our fridge to get stocked. We did notice towards the end of our stay that the linen closet was open so we just helped ourselves to the pop and water as we needed it as at this point it was pointless to ask anyone for anything. Also, when we went to the buffet we were seated but hardly were asked what we wanted to drink, we sat there numerous times and didn't drink anything, I got to a point where I would help myself to water/coffee. At this point we will not be returning to this resort if this is the way they are going to treat their guests, if it wasn't for us they wouldn't have a job!
Also, let me just add, we are very adaptable to other cultures but because of all our issues it all added up to the point where we were not happy with our stay and will not give this resort another dime of our money.

Room Tip: Pool view building 42
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family