10,746 results
All reviews barcelo premium gabriel chocolate julio iglesias quiet pool swim up bar rock climbing wall renovated room ocean view the mexican restaurant kids pool a la carte restaurants beautiful beach seafood great vacation palm trees picky eater family vacation
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Please do not let the bad reviews scare you. After we booked we started to read so many bad reviews that by the time we got to the resort we were terrified that we were going to have a horrible experience.

Check in was a breeze (although it was late at night and not many other people checking in). I have read reviews that say it can take a long time, however, when a whole bus load of people are trying to check in at the same time I'm not sure how the resort is to do it any faster. People who complain that their room was not ready when they got there should be aware that just like any hotel in North America, check in is not before 3pm and the fact that your plane arrived at 10am is totally irrelevant.

We arrived at 1:30am and scared that this was going to be a disaster. We were taken to our room that felt like it was very far away from the lobby (we went through the buildings and it was dark). When we got to our room we had some issues. Our bed was missing the castors from it, the sliding door didn't lock, our light didn't come on and our TV didn't work. We went to the front desk (looking for an upgrade). We were told that they would come and fix everything and trying to remember that your vacation is what you make of it we aggreed. They replaced the TV remote battery (we did not watch TV all week), replaced a light bulb, put castors on bed and it turned out patio door was our issue and not theirs. When we woke up in morning we realized that room 6109 was steps away from swim up bar and 10 steps away from beach. Instantly in the daylight we had no idea what our issue had been. Room was great!!Aslo, we did not see any bugs at all through the week and our room was cleaned and stocked each day.

There were some spring breakers there but they were well behaved for the most part and amusing to watch when we wanted and plenty of room at the resort to get away from them if we wanted. The service at the bars, restaurants was fantastic. The staff work much harder than here to get their job done. As for any complained regarding getting drinks at the buffet I find funny. Yes if you sat there and waited to be waited on it could take a few minutes as there are busy turning tables over so that you don't have to wait for a place to sit. However, the drink station was open for you to get your own drinks just like a buffet here. I have also read complaints that you couldn't get water anywhere to drink which again is wrong. You could help yourself to water at any bar, at the inside buffet, at the pool buffet.

Food was fantastic. There were some things at the buffet that I would not have eaten but they are catering to people from around the world and not just my taste buds!! Just at the buffet they would serve ribs and BBQ chicken one night, a whole BBQ pig another, Whole turkey and you could always go to the fresh pasta station. We did not get an upset stomach at all the whole week.

Would I recommend this resort? I am actually recommending this resort to 50 of my friends and family next year as we are going back to get married. We met some great people who were down there for a wedding and it inspired us to go back next year and do the same after being together for 11years. A big shout out if they are reading this to Earls Group. Wish you guys were coming next year with us!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank sarah h
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Overall we had a great trip, we stayed April 14-21, 2012. The hotel was great, grounds were clean, large enough to have all the amenities needed but small enough to find your friends. Entertaiment was pretty good. Rooms could be a bit better but that was expected for the price we paid. Loved the beach and the pools. Our room was in building 7 and was about 10 steps from the party pool, small buffet and beach. Perfect location in my opinion. The buffet food was ok but it was very good in the A la Cartes. They book 3 for you when you arrive, we went to all 3 of them.

One thing I would suggest to people, remember you are on vacation and don't get upset over the small stuff. Relax and enjoy the sun and the water and the free drinks. lol If you ask for something to be fixed in your room and it isn't, get over it b/c it probably won't get done. Work around it. Out fridge didn't work for 4 or the 7 days, we just got lots of ice for the drinks or drank at the bars. Out tv didn't work most of the time, we weren't there to watch tv so not that big of a deal when I look back at it. We visited another resort next to us and it was gigantic, new, extremely expensive and had NO caribbean theme. Barcelo PC has lots of caribbean feel. I was really pleased with our vacation!

Room Tip: We had an ocean view room on the bottom floor (yes you could actually see it, I was surprised too) I think I would pay the extra and get Presitigue class, a few more amenities for not much more money.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank TracySara
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Was at the Barcelo Punta Cana for the second year in a row. Travelled with two friends. We liked it once again but this year we found that there were too many kids. We went to a a la carte restaurant one night to have a table with all the kids with one adult and all the parents of the said kids sitting two tables further. Not a pleasant evenings for us sitting next to all those agitated kids.
Also lots of spring breakers. Thanks management of the hotel to have hired more security. There was one on each floor so we could still have a full night sleep without being disturbed.
Food was good especially the Tokio and the Tex Mex a la carte restaurant.
If I could make one recommendation to management it would be to have at least one row of palapas on the beach. Palm trees are nice but it is hard to get a full shaded area.
I still recommend this hotel especially if you are in building 1, 2 or 3. These sections have been renovated and are very nice. NO complaints there. Service was great. Had no problem whatsoever. Ceasar are prefered bartender was still working at the hotel and he remembered us from last year. He also remembered how we liked are drinks. One girls at the reception desk also remembered me from last year and she really made us feel welcomed. We travelled from April 2 to the 16, 2012.

Room Tip: Any rooms in building 1, 2 or 3. I prefer top floor and ocean view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Excellent food, service and the beach is great, the service in Dominican Republic is great, is highly recommend no to do any shopping in malls because is very expensive and not necessary to go out of the hotel, ask for taxis from the hotel only so you get a better price than being outside of the hotels.I will come back for sure

Room Tip: ask for a water front room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Just returned from a week's vacation April 11-18, 2012. This resort is huge, prepare to walk. The grounds are just gorgeous, the pools (2) and what an amazing beach. We found the food at the buffet to be very good. We ate at Paris (à la carte), food and presentation was amazing. Our room was immaculate, and the beds were so comfortable. The entertainment was O.K. usually what you would see, and the disco was a blast. Would definately go back to this resort. We did meet some amazing people.

Room Tip: We were in Building 7 (Room 7404), nice view of the beach and the entertainment pool.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family