10,738 results
All reviews barcelo premium gabriel chocolate julio iglesias quiet pool swim up bar rock climbing wall renovated room ocean view the mexican restaurant kids pool a la carte restaurants beautiful beach seafood great vacation palm trees picky eater family vacation
Reviewed 18 January 2012

After reading a bunch of the reviews on this site, I was nervous to go to this resort! But it was already booked so I went. It's not as bad as some of the reviews said, but I would not recommend it and don't plan on returning. The hotel is fine. It's clean and the rooms are nice. The beach is gorgeous. They clean the seaweed off of it every morning. The water is amazing and beautiful. BUT the food was not good - you have to make reservations for dinner at the restaurants, but you can only make them that day for that night...so by the time you get there, they only have 1 option left at like 9:30 pm. That was really annoying. Also, the food was not even that good. It was very disappointing. The drinks were also gross.
And the service...well a lot of the staff didnt speak english so that made it hard. Also, when checking in, they really didn't tell us anything. they didnt even give us a resort map so we were lost trying to figure out everything on our own.
If you are just looking for a relaxing on the beach vacation, this resort is fine. But if you're hoping to get your money's worth on the all-inclusive, the food, drinks, and service don't live up. I would suggest finding a better resort. Maybe 4 star or higher.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
12  Thank Cathy P
Reviewed 18 January 2012

2012 New Year Vacation - Booked online total over $6,000 for 9 days family of 3. We stayed in building #3 room 3306 (ocean view). There no ventilation/exhaust in the bathroom, suspended dirty ceiling made of plastic tiles, no drip pan for AC unit so condensed water dripped on the sink counter/floor. Constant moisture in the air. Bedding was not changed even when requested (with $20 tip). Smelly pillows upon arrival, broken iPod/clock player, door lock defective. Very uncomfortable beds with spring mattress that would slide away from wall. Beach towels not washed avery day so some smell. Only one play/game room with "ping pong" and two billard tables, arcade games out of order ceiling with water damage. Purchased WiFi for $50 and it never worked (unless used 1-6AM ) Overall the hotel is outdated and requires major "face lift".
80% of hotel stuff very friendly and hard working. Beach, pool section, view from balcony and Mama Juana excellent. Food was OK no complains here - loved passion fruit, local oranges. and papaya. Will never return to this place for that price...

Room Tip: Don't know about condition in other rooms - some people say to stay away from #6 and #7
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I have been to the dominican 3 times this being our 4th but our first vacation with our children . Flight was great by air transat. We arrived at the hotel and our room was ready in 10mins. We thought our vacation started out great but it went sour after we got to our room. Room smelled musty. the beds were horrible they were a mattress on the frame with a mattress pad inbetween. Our backs hurt every morning. The shower ... where to start NO hot water. Water trickled out could barely was your hair, and then it would just shut off. Called many times to lobby , they came fairly fast but still had the problem. We had ants in our room. After many complaints to the Air transat rep along with 2 other couples complaining . 3 days later we got a new room in section 7. the bed had a box spring, even a bottle of rum and welcome letter which our other room didnt have. First night was great but then in the morning the room was awful there was a sewage smell coming from bathroom and you had to open the balcony door to get rid of it. Again NO hot water and the same trickle.
Buffet - there is only one, not much to choose from.
Lots of mosiqito's .... bring bug spray
No kids disco.
very noisy at night.
There are renovated rooms but are saved for privileged club

The pro's
Beach and pools excellent, never had a problem finding a chair. Staff are freindly and try hard to speak and learn english. Service is fast.

I wouldn't return to this hotel unless I was in my 20's and ready to party. definatly a 3 star.

Room Tip: ask for buildings 1,2, 3
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank dawtravellers
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We just got back last Wednesday, had a great time.
Excellent and well kept property.
I can only Say "THE BEST VACATION RESORT".

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank salinameghani
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I went with a friend who travels a lot. At first she was a little disappointed (with the food mostly) but as the week wore on her opinion improved. I thought the beach was great. Clean and well maintained and was main reason for going. Service was moatly fabulous and occassionally mediocre. I wasn't expecting fine dining but always found something good to eat. As two single women we both would have appreciated a more diverse group of tourists. It was almost exclusively families and couples. I would recommend it for the value but next time I think we'll pay a little more for something a little better.

• Stayed: January 2012