6,863 results
All reviews royal side infinity pool piano bar cata tapa thalassa restaurant tapas restaurant the sea blue restaurant tao cat rodeo steak house juice bar royal guests la toscana yuca california roll swim up bar sister resort sea grass
Reviewed 9 November 2018

It was our first time visiting Republica Dominicana and I wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed our stay at Royal Catalonia and its sister resort Catalonia. The Resort was perfect for an adult couple that wanted quite and a great atmosphere. We really enjoyed the restaurants and the food, the staff was always help full at the resort and around the beach. I wish I would have gathered names of the outstanding employees that took care of us and made our stay a special one - I definitely remember Santa at the beach bar - she has great personality, funny and very good at her job. Also the tall lady who hostesses at the Sea blue and Thalassa restaurants - she was very accommodating. At the Thalassa restaurant Jaycee was a very good waiter, so was Sergio, also a little shy guy who was his first week working there. The waitresses were nice too. The guy at the towel station was funny and helpful. You know what impressed me the most - there was 1 night that I wanted chocolate milk - and i go it at the piano bar - it was was made with munne and it was so good. The bar tender and the 2 waitresses were so nice and talked to me while I enjoyed my chocolate milk. I bought 2 vases to bring home. We loved the entertainment at night, the beaches were nice and clean. The room was very nice and clean. We loved the food in EVERY restaurant we went to. We had a great experience at your place and we will be sending people over there every chance we get. We want to experience the Caribbean side of the island and are planning already to stay at the Catalonia La Romana, but we will go back to your resort in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cosmopolitan631248
Catalonia_Caribbean, Director General at Catalonia Royal Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for inviting them to know our services, undoubtedly our day-to-day work focuses on making you happy, generating unforgettable memories and, thanks to these experiences, you decide to return to continue enjoying with us. We are very happy with your contribution, thank you very much for the trust, we hope you can come back soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2018

Pools are beautiful and weather was excellent. We had great food at the steak house, Italian restaurant and Caribbean restaurant! The grounds are taken care of beautifully, they work very hard every day to make your life enjoyable. Thank you to our room attendant, she was wonderful, we left her candy and money every day for her and her 3 children, tips go a long way and I do recommend showing your appreciation. Adriana and Elizabeth at the main desk were excellent and helpful to me and the group of 14 I was traveling with. At one point my friend lost her wallet and the main lobby and security were excellent and her wallet was found and returned with her credit card, license and cash all intact. We all dressed up in characters for Halloween and handed out candy to children and staff. Jose the omelet chef was excellent and always greeted me with a friendly smile very morning. Great staff and Thank you to Adrianna for all you do! Hope to come back again

Room tip: Pool view was nice
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Catalonia_Caribbean, Director General at Catalonia Royal Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Dear Heidi,

Thank you for sharing with us and the Trip Advisor community your experience at Catalonia Royal Bavaro, we are pleased to know that you enjoyed every aspect of our service and facilities, it will be a truly pleasure to serve you the next year, please lets us know in advance if you require assistance. Thank you for your preference.

Reviewed 5 November 2018

Bed was extremely hard. Wifi connection is terrible unless you are in the lobby. The door to our room was not sealed well so all of the obnoxiously loud activities that are hosted at the pool can be heard very clearly in your room so good luck catching an afternoon nap. The tub in our room didnt have a stopper and also didnt feel very stable at all, it kept making creaking noises when we tried to use it. The pool closes at 6 every day which is crazy! And unless you walk over to the casino, dont count on having any late night fun. Everything closes at midnight. The beach was nice though. They do a good job at taking care of the seaweed. And the staff is nice. The food was good too. The place just needs a remodel honestly.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank KaleyMelton
Catalonia_Caribbean, Director General at Catalonia Royal Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Dear Kaley,

Thank you for rating us. We hope that you enjoy your vacations in spite of the inconvenience. In your next visit to any of our resort, we encourage you to inform our Guest Service if any inconvenience happens during your stay, so we can help you improve your experience. Would be a pleasure to have you back at the hotel to give you the best service.

Reviewed 4 November 2018

This place was perfect... service, cleanliness, food, entertainment, grounds. Our only complaint is that we had to change rooms due to air conditioning issues. Even the second room was not great AC.
I would have given 5 stars had it not been for AC.

Room tip: Make sure AC works. If you want quiet, stay close to the pool by the ocean- v relaxing. Rooms and pool close to the lobby are pretty loud.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Donna,

We are so glad to hear that you had an excellent stay with us and that you enjoyed, from our beautiful surroundings to our amazing culinary experience.
We really appreciate your opinion which will be taken into consideration to improve our service and guarantee the entire satisfaction of our future guests.
We hope to see you back soon in paradise!

Reviewed 3 November 2018

Just returned from our fourth stay at the Catalonia Royal Bavaro and this was the best one yet. Our last visit was four years ago and since then they have done amazing renovations and added restaurants and expanded menus.
Check in was quick and Andreas was extremely helpful. Since it was our fourth visit they moved us up to a room near the beach. Unfortunately, that building was undergoing renovations. Some rooms were nicely upgraded but ours was “tired”. Some furniture was damaged and the AC didn’t work very well when we first arrived. Andreas offered to let us change rooms but we liked the location so we stayed and they fixed the AC because it worked great after that. The renovation was only during the day so it wasn’t much of an inconvenience and I’m sure those rooms will be beautiful. Housekeeping was excellent! They made us amazing towel art, including a whole swan family! Special mention to Ingrid! They came by every evening to check if we needed anything and they would freshen up the bathroom and turn down the beds.
The lobby, and its outside patio, have been totally renovated, it’s light and bright and has new seating which is very comfortable. They added a vegetarian restaurant with even more outdoor seating. There are six restaurants, at this resort. The main restaurant, Thalasa has a buffet breakfast, with an amazing selection of items, lunch and dinner which are a-la-carte and the food is amazing. I had grilled salmon, for lunch, and it was delicious. The Sea Blue, which is at the beach, serves all three meals a-la-carte and all of them are great,especially the gazpacho. This is new as they used to only serve lunch. They serve an amazing rose’, called Fuentevina, which I am unable to find in Canada. If anyone knows where I can get this wine, send me a message. There is a pizza restaurant, near the lobby pool, that serves lunch. The Tapas, Tao-Cat and the Bo Barcelona serve dinner only and again they are delicious. You can also use the restaurants and the facilities of the family resort which is right next door. They have four a-la-carte restaurants. Our experience was good at them all, especially the Mikado, but the Italian restaurant was quite bad. It took us an hour to get our appetizers and mine was inedible. So my advice is to pass on the Italian.
There are two pools at this resort, which are not huge but they are very nice. One is near the lobby and it’s the “noisier” one, and it has a swim up bar. The other one is near the beach. It is an infinity pool and very peaceful. There are beds at this pool, but a lot of the canopies are missing or broken.
The beach has also had a make-over. Previously the beach had eroded and there was a large step down to the water, but this has all been leveled out. There are very few huts but there are plenty of trees for shade. The water is relatively calm which makes for easy access to the water. I have been to other resort, in Punta Cana, and the water can be very rough and then you can’t enter without being knocked over. The staff, at the beach were incredible and friendly. The beach bar has also been totally renovated. It serves sushi at lunch and it is open till 11:30pm. This was a nice place to go to in the evening. Special mention to Santa who was always friendly and was there, every morning with tequila to add to our juice and she also provided me with an item I really needed. Thank you, Santa. Also I’d like to say thanks to Yanci, at the bar, and Kelvin, at the towel hut, who always said hello and stopped to chat. Also, on the beach is the Maloo Juice bar where they make smoothies from actual fresh fruit and it is delicious, especially with tequila. Gladys was there every day, very pregnant but always cheerful. Thank you Gladys for making the best mixer for the alcohol.
I would highly recommend this resort. It’s a bit pricier than some others but well worth the extra.

2  Thank Ms_Sammygirl

Dear Sammy,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, we are very pleased to know that we have been your choice for a couple of years, comments like the one you just gave us encourages us to continue working enthusiastically. Thank you very much for mentioning your experience with the staff, I will share your comment with all of them, sure they will be happy to know that their effort was valued. We hope to receive you for a fifth time and continue creating unforgettable memories.