We arrived May 12 with much excitement because we were there 2 years ago and loved every thing about this resort.
We have a wonderful flight down with Westjet.
The check in was great we were upgraded from a superior suite to a deluxe suite, there really wasn't much of a difference but appreciated the upgrade.
We travelled with another couple who were booked a superior room also. They were quite disappointed in their room as the toilet seat was almost off, the fridge was broken, the cushions on the sofa was ripped and the stuffing was coming out.
Yes everything was fixed right away except for the sofa cushions which were done later in the week.
The POOL with swim up bar needs some major work done. There are spots in the pool where the cement is coming up or has come up and i cut my foot on it. I understand that this would mean emptying the pool. I am not hard to please but this was disappointing.
Food... Well this is where it gets bad. We love the Sea blue for lunch. Fransico was the best waiter and the other waiter are just as good but he really took the time too look after you.
Went to the Sea blue for dinner that was a big mistake. Three of us ordered the ribs and all 3 of them were raw so we sent them back and then when they came back they were still under cooked and could not cut them.
We also did the Rodeo again we decided to try the ribs because this is a steak house right wrong. Mine was cold as if it just came out of the fridge and the other one was so fatty you could not even eat it. My husbands steak was so tuff you could not even cut it or chew it.
Breakfast at was a hit and miss some days. They didn't understand what over hard was until we figured it out that you have to order scrambled.
We did not try Cata as we didn't like it the last time we were there.
The italian that was not good as well, The only thing hot there was the soup. The lasagne was not fit to eat.
The Restaurant in the lobby thalassa I'm sure this is wrong, But it was the best food we ate all week.
I do have to say that the grounds are still as beautiful as they were the last time we were there.
My husband and I have a rule never to go to the same resort twice. We should have kept to that.
In my opinion the resort is getting a little run down, But I'm am sure that they will fix everything up.
I will not be returning to this resort as there is much more out there.
I just asked my husband what he would rate this resort and he said a 4 star, he would have given higher if the food was better.
We are not picky people if u read my other reviews we are pretty laid back people
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro