I will not go into great detail since others have covered most of the highlights. Our first experience at all adult resort and loved it. The odd boiterous group sometimes spoiled the peace and quiet but not too bad. Great to have the best of both worlds - we tried all of the a la cartes on the all ages side except the Italian. The Japanese and Mexican were our favorites and exceptionally good. Room service is a bonus although we did not use it . Saw complaints in reviews regarding room cleaning, etc. but we were extremely pleased with our maid service. Nice to come back after dinner in the evening to find your bed turned down and fresh towels for your morning (Or evening) shower. The bed was OK - I prefer a soft mattress but slept well there. Loved the pillows (I am very fussy about my pillows)!! 99% of the staff were exceptionally friendly - even the groundskeepers always had a smile and friendly "hola"!! - proof that they are not just friendly because you tip.
Service at the Ocean Blue was slow and they seem a bit disorganized but - I'm on vacation so not in a big rush. It was a convenient location close to the beach and easy to just get a sandwich or other snack. The Cata Tapa was very good - enjoyed our dinner there very much. First meal at Thalassa was a disaster (beef canneloni) second was excellent - maple chicken. Luck of the draw I guess. Great service and love the special frosty drinks they drop off for you. Big plus is that you do NOT need reservations at any of the restaurants on either resort. I consider this a huge bonus.
Hard to decide if having to dress for meals was a good or bad thing - sometimes a bit of a pain but at least you are not subject to the folks who would trail in in tank tops, (or no shirts) and flip flops, etc. So I have to vote for "good" I guess. So overall it was a very positive experience.
We were pretty well always able to find a lounge chair by bottom pool or on the beach and usually shade when we needed it. No complaints t here at all.
If there is a down side to this location - the warnings upon leaving the resort beach make you hesitant to venture further - so this makes for limited beach walking which we love to do. At resorts further down you can literally walk for miles and you are always on resort property. Our Nolitour guide warned us about not venturing past the flea market area as we might encounter machine guns and cocaine, etc! Not really what I am looking for in DR!
So overall - a very positive experience ! PS - my other favorite thing - the hammock on our balcony - loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro