“Wonderful 7 days”

Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #19 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This was a graduation present for my daughter, and I know there is not anything more enjoyable or impressive that I could have chosen to do. From the time we arrived everything was above and beyond our expectations. The resort and grounds are immaculate, the room was wonderful-cleaned everyday-frig stocked, the restaurant reservations available whenever we wanted to go - the food was good - presentation impressive --Tepanyaki was too hot in the building to enjoy dinner, the beach was to die for. We were at Gabi Beach which we loved-drink service on the beach was good. Pool and sitting area around the pool and in the pool was great. Our trip was from May 27 to June 3 - a slow season for the resort which we loved because it was not so busy. The weather was great and water wonderful. The personal service that we had from our concierge Pedro Zorrilla made our trip very relaxing. We did not have to worry about anything. We had never been out of the country before and a little nervous. Pedro went above and beyond with helping us and all our questions, directions, excursions, booking dates and times. He was amazing as well as the other staff; Ricardo from the restaurant, Validmar from the lobby and the bartender near concierge's area. We are not use to the personal care and friendliness back in the states!! We did 2 excursions that we would highly recommend--the Ocean Spa - very enjoyable and relaxing - sandwiches not that great for lunch, and the Safari. If you want to learn some about the island and way of life, school, tour a farm w/ coffee and cocoa beans, tobacco and get to purchase items it was a lot of fun. FYI, if you do the Safari....bring items for the school that you can purchase from the Dollar Store-25 or notebooks, crayons, pencils, markers, etc. It would be very much appreciated from the children and teacher. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank C M
ManagementPPRL, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to express my gratitude for choosing us to celebrate such special occasion, your daughter's graduation as well for sharing your impression on this trip.

I greatly appreciate your comments about our gastronomy and facilities. At the Paradisus Palma Real Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations; this definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.

Once again, thank you for share your impressions and we await you soon at your ¨home away from home¨ Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Managing Director

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort

Reviewed 8 June 2012

I've been to quite a few places and this one was AWESOME! I took my daughter here for here graduation gift from high school! The resort was absolutely beautiful and the staff extremely attentive. The cultural experience delightful. We quickly made friends with the entertainment staff and every night/day, there was something to do (e.g. Cigar making, painting, Latin dance lessons and nightly dancing or a show). We went zip lining, horseback riding and parasailing all setup from kiosks in the hotel. The only bad thing was for some reason the fruits and juices didn't appear very tasty. Everyone on the excursion would take pictures or a video of you and charge you $30. Also when going to the spa, don't get the manicure or pedicure--lousy. The massages were great though! Apart from that, this place was paradise. It's all-inclusive and when leaving, I felt I owed them money because we had that great a time. We didn't go there this year, instead we went to the Gran Melia in Puerto Rico. We prefer Paradisus Palma Real by far. Don't go off the resort unless you're with a tour group!

• Stayed: July 2011

Dear guest,

I greatly appreciate your comments about our facilities and gastronomy. At the Paradisus Palma Real Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for us to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.

I look forward to welcome you in the near future at this your second home.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

I was at this hotel from June 1-6, 2012 vacationing with my 20 year old daughter, my 78 year old dad and my 2 sisters. We had a blast. The service was exceptional with a few clitches. Since I was travelling with my senior dad I feel like they should invest money on putting had rails on the pool. I did notice alot of people losing balance as they were going down the stairs into the pool, the young, the old, the pregnant all lost their balance. That would probably save them a lawsuit.
Also the fact that you have to call to get ice is a simple thing that can be fixed. I've travelled quite a bit and never seen a hotel with no ice machines on each floor its an inconvenience to have to call room service for ice. As far as the staff - they would give you the clothes from their back if they could. They all worked extremely hard. I saw basically the same employees doing all sorts of jobs. 2 employees that stuck out to me was Ramon Fuego which was one of the bartenders in the pool bar. He greeted us with a smile everyday, talked to us while working and most importantly was estremely attentive with our request. I noticed the way he entertained all the customers with the beer cup on his head and not dropping a bit of it. Then we had Bianca another bartender that was walking the grounds making sure everyone was pleased with their drinks and going back and forth tons of times ALWAYS with a smile. I just wanted to put her in my luggage and bring her home with me. She didn't only handle our drinks but also made sure our chips were always there. These 2 employees made a HUGE difference in our trip. Just because of them I would go back. In fact I'm looking forward to my return. Restaurants were amazing, Beach also fabulous. The grounds were amazingly clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MochaCritic

Dear Guest,

I would like to express my gratitude for sharing your impressions about your recent experience. At Paradisus Palma Real Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence. Therefore I assure you that I took a good note of your observations.

I feel proud and grateful for your comments regarding to Ramon and Bianca. It is thanks to our excellent team that we are able to accomplish our goal. I will gladly pass on your compliments to both of them.

I look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you in the nearest future, at this “your home away from home”.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

I was not a happy auntie!! The service was less than desirable. Rooms smelled very musty water on coffee table there for 3 days from plant. Unable to use any restaurants do to time constraints. Checked in at 5 so had to do buffet even though checkin clerk stated just show up and they will let you in when my sister got there late 9:30 pm. Refused us and dressed very nicely!! No one could understand English. Transportation arranged by Romance, they insisted my sister call day before departure. The hotel charged us after 45 min lost in translation...$17. She gave them $50 and another 20 min to find change!! They actually took it out of my debit card too which created an international fee. They only had beer in refrigerator and did not ever replenish our water the whole time. Our room was comped as my sister is groom's mother. So they said they had to charge us $400 last night even though much less online or other guests!! Food was not the greatest although I only got to eat at a restaurant 1 night out of 4. It advertises all these restaurants not open for lunch and all reservations. Did not make you ever feel welcome there. It is hotter than the 3 trips to Africa, Aruba, Puerto Vallarta etc. I would never return to this resort.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Cindy B
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Dear Cindy,

Thank you for taking the time to air your concerns regarding your recent experience at our Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

I regret to hear that we did not fully exceed your expectations with some of our services. In Meliá Hotel’s International we believe that only by listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of our guests we are able to immediately detect areas for improvement and can therefore take actions instantly.

Once more thank you for your constructive criticism and you can rest assured that your observations were taken with the utmost consideration and discussed the issues to the corresponding departments in order to fine-tune our operation.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

The property is beautiful and immaculately maintained. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful. (Cudos to Hugo Boss, Francisco and all the rest) THE best spa we have ever been to. You must experience the water circuit!

The restaurants are very good particularly Passion.

The only thing keeping our rating from Excellent is the breakfast and lunch buffet. The choices are great and plentiful, but sometimes the food fell a little short.

We will be back.

Room Tip: Go for at least a partial ocean view to capture the breezes.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear David,

I greatly appreciate your comments about our facilities. At the Paradisus Palma Real Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for us to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.

I deeply regret to hear that we did not impress you with our breakfast's gastronomy. I can assure you I took a good note of your observations.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back at this, your second home.