“Great Vacation”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
“Great Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I recently took my boys to the Paradisus Palma Real. The room was great. Nicely detailed. Comfy beds. Granite everywhere. a fully stocked mini bar. The resort was fantastic. Absolutely beautiful. The staff was more than accomodating. The food excellent. Two of the staff. Hamlet and Nathaniel were unbelievable. They made everything happen that we needed too. We used the VIP for transport to and from the resort. We did the the dolphin explorer trip which was amazing. I have stayed at beaches several times and found this place better. The beach was absolutely gorgeous. I would put this on your travel plans. For the price a great trip.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Manny C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,017)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
halifax
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I went to the Paradisus on our own (first time on holiday without taking children). Everything about our vacation experience at the Paradisus was perfect! We did a "Royal Service" package and I highly recommend the upgrade, since it allows you to enjoy a special Royal Service restaurant and, most of all, the services of a butler who will make your dinner reservations, ensure that you have a bana bed by the pool, bring wine and snacks to your room each evening while you prepare for dinner, and even prepare a jacuzzi for you, complete with bubbles and rose petals! The staff here are fantastic - uber-professional, friendly and helpful. And the food is amazing. We ate at a different restaurant each night and never had a single appetizer, main course or dessert that was not 5 star quality. Even the nightly entertainment was specatcular (cirque performance is awesome).

We have been on all-inclusive holidays before and have enjoyed them, but this experience was really in a category of its own. Again... I believe that the "Royal Service" package played a significant role in making this such an outstanding holiday because it completely removed even the possibility of having anything go wrong by providing us with an assigned staff member to take care of everything.

Room Tip: I would use my money to upgrade to Royal Service as opposed to getting a "better" suite wi...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kim S
ManagementPPRL, General Manager at Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear Kim,

Thank you for selecting Paradisus Palma Real Resort for your vacations.

I greatly appreciate your valuable comments towards our Royal Service staff. It is a pleasure for me to learn that we fulfilled your expectations as well that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My wife and I recently stayed a week at this resort celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary. We could not be happier with our stay! The room, the grounds, and pretty much everything about the resort were top notch. Throughout the whole week we could not stop saying, "Wow!". We booked through RCI and had a concierge, Bruny, approach us on day one and he was there throughout our stay making sure everything was easy and relaxing. Bruny made all of our dinner reservations, booked our excursions, etc. He was fabulous and certainly deserves some recognition and a bonus or reward. He made our stay phenomenal! We have never stayed at an All-Inclusive resort before so we were curious if it was worth the value....and it was. The food was very good, the drinks (and alcohol) were top notch, name brand, and it all of it was available 24 hours. I would also recommend booking a few excursions to see the beautiful island. We went on a buggy tour (watch out you get dirty) which was so much fun and then we booked a full day excursion to Saona which was well worth the money. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our vacation and will have an experience we can treasure forever. Thank you again to Bruny and to the whole staff, you were wonderful!

Best regards
Joseph and Veronica (Family Hermans)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Joseph and Veronica,

I would like to extend my gratitude for choosing Paradisus Palma Real Resort to celebrate such a special occasion like your 5th wedding anniversary, and for sharing the impressions of your recent stay.

It is truly a pleasure for me to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and I sincerely appreciate your respects on the efforts and dedication demonstrated by Bruny, as it is due to his effort and dedication that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests.

Once again, thank you for share your impressions and I look forward to welcome you again at this your second home.

Sincerely

Toonto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I just returned from a one week stay at Paradisus Palma Real in Punta Cana. I enjoyed it very much. It is upscale resort. All the staff was very friendly. Almost every one was fluent in English and some spoke other languages as well.
Food was excellent and service was great. The front desk manager Rafael Torres spent a great deal of time to help choose the best room and plan suitable for me. Josefina Abrey -front desk receptionist made me extremely happy finding me the ocean front room and helping to choose the royal service with many priveleges inluding an exclusive beach area for the fraction of money. She helped make my trip so pleasant. The room was huge and very clean. The bed was very comfortable and linens were changed daily. At night it was very quiet in the hotel. It is a 500 rooms hotel and it was almost completely booked but I never felt crowded on the beach or in the pool and restaurantes.
The Gabi restorante is one of the best but you pay for the meal if you are a standard service member. I recommend to upgrade your service from standard but after your arrival.
The pools area was beautiful with a lot of vegetation and very comfortable sunbeds. The hotel has a very wide and long white sandy beach with many palapes.
One very negative thing with this hotel is Ilike to swim in the ocean and the sea weed was growing all over in the water. It was very unpleasant.

Room Tip: The front desk manager will be happy to upgrade your room if you ask.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Tat3115
Dear guest,

I would like to express my gratitude for sharing your impressions about your recent experience.

I greatly appreciate your comments about our staff and facilities. At the Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for me to learn that we have achieved our goal. This definitely strengthens our philosophy of seeking the highest level of excellence.

You can rest assured that your observations regarding the sea weed were taken into consideration.

Once again, thank you for share your impressions and we await you soon at your ¨home away from home¨ Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Center Valley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Resort is beautiful! The entire staff was friendly and helpful. Everyone went above and beyond to make our stay great. Our favorite time to spend the afternoons was at the Pool Bar. Ramon "Fuego" Bonilla, Louis, and Bianca are EXCELLENT!!!! They consistently treated us like royalty! We will definetly come back - to see the resort as well as spend time with Ramon, Louis, and Bianca!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Jean,

It is truly a pleasure for me to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and I sincerely appreciate your respects on the efforts and dedication demonstrated by Ramon ¨Fuego¨, Luis and Bianca. Please rest assured that I took a good note of your observations and your compliments will be transmitted to them.

Thank you for share your impressions and I look forward to your next visit.