“Double Dreams”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Toronto
“Double Dreams”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

We have a great time in Dreams punta cana with the friendly smiling faces of all the staff,,, every where we go ...the only thing was missing is the energy in the air which it suppose to be by hearing the domenican lovely music which moves the body and makes everyone happy and active...unfortunately was too much old American music which i don't miss in my vaccation it is more than enough to hear it every day back home in the radio ,at work while driving and tv. I came to this resort wishing to enjoy their culture and lively amazing music which it suppose to be playing in the lobby when I arrived but it was too silent and later went to the swinning pool I heard modern talk old music made me so depressed, I kept complaining and they couldn;t say any thing ...please work on this side more becuse music makes the place memorable more than food and drink not everyone missing their back home music since 1980 or older or even most new..........

Room Tip: avoid much talk and noise beside the room early morning and late evening hours it was first floor at...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,814)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Flanders, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

Just returned from this resort from a week stay. We were here for a destination wedding for good friends of ours. The wedding was fabulous! The bride told me about a few hiccups they had, but we as guests would have never known. As far as the resort itself, Its a little tired. Needs some updating. For the price, I wouldnt stay here again. We stayed in a Privledge Suite. The room was also worn. Cracks in walls, dirty grout in shower. Housekeeping was non-existant. The only thing they did was make the bed. (and yes we tipped) I had to clean out our sinks and shower daily. The jacuzzi on the balcony was acutally very nice and spacious. Towels were not replenished, nor the mini bar until the last day we were leaving. If we wanted a drink in the room, you had to go to the bar or call room service. Room service was actually great. Menu was not huge but perfect for a snack or drinks. The Privledge lounge is not as nice as others I have been to in Secrets resorts (sister companys). But did have the premium alcohol as promised. Drinks in regular bars had zero to no liquor in them. Staff had somewhat of a language barrier more evident then other resorts I have stayed at. Beach was less then desirable so if you like to swim in the ocean--stay elsewhere. We heard from other people that the beach was better not even 15 minutes away.Food was not of a great quality. It was ediable for the most part, but again barley average. If you are a family, this seems like a great place for kids. However if you are looking to vacation as a couple or an adult group I would try HardRock.. We heard nothing but good things about that resort from people in the airport . Our Pool was at least 85 degrees everyday. Not refreshing at all after being in the hot sun, and it is about 3.5 ft deep all the way around. Resturants were slow to serve dinner, about 1.5-2 hour minimum each night. Entertainment was acutally very good. The only downfall is that the theater is outside, and is quite warm. All in all this resort is not a 4 star by any means.. i would say 2.5 at best. I would stay elsewhere if you can!

**Wear shorts to the Airport no Aircondiditoning**

Room Tip: There are no elevators so make sure you keep that in mind when asking for a third floor!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank fabash826
Morrisville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

I stayed at Dreams Punta back in mid January of this year. It was just my daughter and I (5 yrs old)...so I guess a Mommy and Me trip of sorts. One of the main reasons I decided on Dreams was based on the reviews of the Kids Club. I will say she had a good time participating in some of the activities during the day and enjoyed the girls that worked in the Kids Club. However her favorite part though was participating in the fashion show and the mini kids shows they put on every night. I always felt more than comfortable leaving her to go off and explore with the Kids Club. The food was wonderful! I ate myself silly....I was always looking forward to the next meal...lol. The property was gorgeous and immaculate. It is a beautiful location to have a wedding as we witnessed several weddings during our 10 day stay. ALL of the staff were wonderful. Everyone was friendly, helpful and truly seemed to want to make your stay enjoyable from beginning to end. This is a well staffed, maintained and operated resort. The pool and beach were very pretty and ALWAYS clean.

You get an activity sheet everyday that lists all the things going on from the am until the show that they have every night. I loved the shows they were all great fun and always interactive. You can tell they really put effort into entertaining their guests and making sure you have a good time. The casino was small but nice enough for playing a few slot machines. My daughter got her hair braided in the spa and the ladies that work in the spa are very nice.

The room was nice and always cleaned even though our schedule didn't always seems to mesh with the cleaning staff. We always seemed to come back to the room right when they were in the middle of cleaning it. I recommend everyone try some of the excursions that they offer for sale in the hotel. As you already know this is a poor country but it was nice to visit places like Higuey or La Romana to see another side of the island. Pretty much all of the staff that work in the hotel live in Higuey. It definitely isn't as modern as say Santo Domingo but it was nice to see other areas where the people live and not just the depressing rural parts that surround many of the resorts in Punta Cana. With the excursion to Higuey we visited a Cigar factory in La Romana, Casa de Campo & Altos de Chavon and had a river boat ride and were served lunch. My daughter loved the river boat ride. We also went to see/swim with the dolphins and went horseback riding.

Beware of the special breakfast some of the guys try to tell you about....its nothing more than a time share presentation kind of thing.

Don't let the weather report scare you. Before we left every single day showed at least a 30% chance of rain. It rained one night around 10 pm for maybe ten minutes then another morning for maybe 30 minutes. Other than that it was HOT and sunny :) We were both sad to leave. I would definitely come back to Punta Cana and want to stay here I'm thinking Jan. 2013!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gabilinda
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

This is the best one I have visited in Punta Cana, in 5 times I have been over there!!!All the staff is simply excellent in all of the hotel facilities.This a wonderful place for a perfect vacation!. I have never heard the word "NO" whenever we asked for anything.I strong recommend this hotel if you would like want to have a real spectacular and unforgettable vacation.I can mention some of the good employees we directly have dealt with:Rafael,Maritza,Miguelina, and the old man with coconuts(at the sea side), Ana and Luciano(front desk) ,Juana(the Maid at building 3),definitely this a wonderful hotel to go!!!
I would like to make a suggestion: to see the Cuban flag waving at the entrance,as so many other flags there are over there,if it is possible.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank baniholguin
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

When We First Arrived, I was Told That Due To Refurbishment They Had Over Booked And We had To Spend The Night At Another Hotel, To Say I Was Not Happy Is A Understatement, I Was Fuming. Any Way We Had To Go To Another Hotel Which Turned Out To Be A Secrets Hotel ( AMAZING ) Spent The night And The next Day Returned To Dreams And Spoke With The manager, Who Upgraded Us To A Suite, Gave Us A Romantic Dinner On The Beach And Late Check Out, After That First Initial Glitch, The Rest of our 10 Night Holiday Was Amazing, Great Food, Fantastic Drinks, Friendly Entertainment Staff And The Best Pool I Have Seen !!!!!
I Really Recommend This Place !!!!!! I Am Now Going To Secrets Silversands Mexico Because Of The Great Experience I Had At Dreams !!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple