We spent the week at Gran Bahia Bavaro (Diamond Club) from Apr 8 to Apr 15. The hotel was nice, and pretty clean. The staff were also very friendly.
We were in building 28 (close-ish to the big pool and the beach) and about the same distance from the "diamond club" pool - which is no longer a diamond club pool. Our view was of other villas ~ nothing to write home about, but we didn't spend that much time on the balcony. We were pretty happy with both the location and quality of the room.
This resort has the trolleys that drive up and down 3 separate routes from the main reception all the way to the beach. We didn't use these much, as we walked at about the same pace as they came, and we didn't happen along them going in the right direction when we needed them. From an accessibility perspective, those with mobility challenges would appreciate this service.
There wasn't any shortage of food or drink.
Getting a lounger pool or beach-side required some maneuvering and commitment to getting up earlier - we were witness to a few arguments over loungers.
A la carte restaurants:
Maiko (the japanese place) was ok, but not really a japanese restaurant if you eat japanese/sushi regularly. Just a side note, we have sushi in Toronto almost every week, so it sushi is your thing, then this restaurant might not be. If I were to return, I'd take a pass on this.
BBQ Restaurant - was really great - the best beef we had on the resort. I'd definitely recommend this place. We went around 7, so we were able to catch the sunset which was really nice, even on a windy day. This restaurant's food is served buffet style, but the food is really much better than the buffets.
Garden Grill - I ordered the tenderloin, which was great. And this restaurant had the best chips and salsa I tried at the resort (I had chips and salsa at every restaurant)
La Mediterranee - this was ok, we talked to some people who had lobster, which was on a different night, but I didn't see this on the menu. I ordered the fish special (which wasn't anything particularly more special than the fish in the buffet)
I hope this was helpful :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools Large sun terrace New relaxation zone with Bali beds, sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towels BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 3 tennis courts (floodlit for an additional charge), multi-sports court Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Wedding gazebo 1 buffet restaurant and 17 speciality restaurants Japanese restaurant 10 bars 3 Snack Bars Cocktail Lounge Punta Blanca Golf Club: 18 hole Golf Punta Blanca Golf Club designed by Nick Price (additional charge) Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars, karaoke, disco and casino Rooms 816 rooms including two types: Superior Junior Suite and Club Hacienda Junior Suite Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Sitting area with sofa Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Alarm clock Satellite TV Minibar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Wifi (additional charge) Club Hacienda Junior Suite (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scouts Water Park Fun Area and Adventure Park (additional charge) Teens' Club (11-16 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Meeting and convention room Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Punta Cana
- Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort
- Punta Cana Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro Punta Cana
- Principe Punta Cana
- Bahia Punta Cana
- Bahia Resort Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Dominican Republic