Memories Splash Punta Cana
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)
8,714 results
All reviewssplash barselections buffetdiamond clubramon fuegobellini barbubbles poolroyalton restaurantsbella cucinabig slidesroyalton buffetsea restaurantsister hotelkids clubtrolley ridepremium roomfamily vacationquiet pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First, I would like to not have given this resort such a low rating, but the last day was so distressing that it ruined the whole vacation.
We stayed in room 2196(building 5) February 6 -15th, which is directly across from the pool. We wanted a jacuzzi room and Memories has more of these type rooms than the Royalton. Memories is an older property, but the room was clean and comfortable. As TravelSmart members, we have access to both Memories and the Royalton resorts, as well as Diamond access.The Hideaway area is the only area that restricted us.
Check-in was very smooth in the Diamond Club area and we wereescorted to our room by Gabriella and Aurelina, who are the TravelSmart concierges. Shortly after, we discovered that the room safe needed new batteries. Gabriella had someone there within 15 minutes and it was fixed.

The buffet on the Royalton side (off limits to Memories guests) is the second best buffet that we have ever visited. it doesn't matter if its breakfast, lunch, or dinner, there are plenty of great choices. The Memories buffet is still very good and you can easily dine there often. Both Italian restaurants are also very good and we had a great server in Jonathan on the Memories side. Don't be surprised if he brings you a shot of mamajuana after dinner. The Hunter steak house is excellent! If you have the filet, they will bring you a steak knife, but you won't need it. We enjoyed the Mexican restaurant so much that we actually over indulged. I enjoyed the Jade restaurant, but my wife's General Tso's chicken was very salty.

Almost every day, we spent in the Diamond Club beach area. Service there was excellent. If you go there, you will find Eudes working there. I can't say enough about this guy. We talked about Dominican life and rum.

Now for the worst experience we ever had, which ruined the whole vacation. The last morning we were coming back from breakfast ans noticed that the cats that my wife and others fed were gone. The feral cats there were a great source of enjoyment, not only for my wife, but the small children there. The little girls named them and left them food every day. As we got to our building, we saw a hotel employee trying to catch a cat. When he stuffed stuffed one of these cats into a Royalton towel bag right before our eyes, we were astounded. Can you imagine the horror look on the small children and guests as this cat screamed in agony? Of course I tried to find out what he was going to do with them and of course he spoke no English, only saying "la casa". My wife was terribly distraught, as well as other guests who witnessed this callous and cruel act. We went to the Diamond Club area to express our disbelief on this sensless act, Reuben tried to assuage my wife by telling us that the cat was going to be "adopted". Reuben, in the Diamond Club lounge, tried to find the "Quality Manager" to talk to us, but there was no manager available to calm us . Since coming home, I've tried to contact the General Manager, but every attempt I've made in contacting someone in the resort that can explain this event has been ignored. Apparently, news of this has spread and even emails to Travel Smart representatives has not been returned with the email address of Mr.[--]. So, shame on them too.
Now, I realize that wild animals may need to be 'handled' at some point, but anyone who does this (or authorizes this) before the eyes of small children and guests should not be working in the service industry. The General Manager is the person responsible because they put others in managerial roles that should not be there. We will NEVER go back there, even though we had a great time up to the last day.

So I ask you: If a resort will do something so callous and cruel before your eyes, what is going on that you do not see? We shudder to think.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank carguy1969
comunity1puj, Manager at Memories Splash Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking a moment of your important time to provide us your review of your recent stay in our property.

We invite you to Escape to Punta Cana, one of the most beautiful destinations in the Caribbean, situated on the tropical island of the Dominican Republic. Memories Splash Punta Cana Resort and Spa is an all-inclusive hotel that offers the perfect vacation haven for all, from families to couples, sports enthusiasts to business executives, honeymooners and more.

In our restaurants we invite our valued guests to treat their taste buds to a flavor sensation as they feast on eclectic cuisines from around the world. Enjoy local and international delights in buffet-style or a la carte dining venues, then grab a signature cocktail, and mingle with other guests at the many on site bars. Treat yourself to a mid-afternoon coffee and exquisite dessert at the café; In our restaurants we offer the best International Gourmet Cuisine for our valuable guests to embark in a journey of delicious experiences; it makes us so glad you could fully enjoy our variety of food and highlighted it as great.

We encourage all our guests to try our Diamond Club which I s a premium level of service features the comfort of anticipatory service, exclusive à la carte restaurants and bar areas, as well as the shimmering pool and pristine beach areas for the sole use of Diamond Club™ guests. Highly trained butlers help fulfill your every request, including dinner reservations and the organizing of special occasions; it makes us glad to learn to you could fully enjoy our premium services.

In Memories Splash Punta Cana we are so pro Flora and Fauna we take care of our animals to keep are grounds enjoyable to our guests and for them to have an approach with nature, we are Green globe and Travel life certificated ; we encourage our employees to take the cats to their homes and give them a better life that is what he meant in his answer nevertheless we are going to forward this inconvenience to our Management in order to make a deep investigation and find out what happened in this particular situation.

In general, we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay in our property, we are going to make sure and share your observations with our whole management in order to make improvements if applies.

We would love to have the chance of welcoming you back in the near future for us to try our best and create the best experience for you.

Best regards,

Stefano Sturni
Resorts Manager Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Memories Splash Resort.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Loved the bracelet room key , trolly cart, staff friendliness, pool activities, closeness of rooms to all activities, we were building 8, beach access was great!overall great experience!! Loads of new family “Memories”!!

2  Thank tnt772
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family and I were at Memories Splash from March 28 to April 4th. We were very pleased with overall experience. The biggest problem is people putting their towels on the chairs and leaving the pool area so when you go to the pool there are no chairs available even though there may only be a few people in the pool area. Resort area is very clean and well laid out, food is excellent and the staff is very accommodating and helpful.

1  Thank Nathan P
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We chose this resort because of the water slides. I have 2 teenagers and thought they would love the slides.
Our check in was hectic. There was a lot of people there and I felt we were really rushed. The guy checking us in was very nice but I felt like I was rushed and couldn’t get all my questions answered. I was basically given a map of the resort, a quick “you are here” explanation of the map, and these are your wristbands. We were told our room and building number and that our luggage would be delivered...NEXT. So we started walking and then realized we weren’t given keys. So we went back, waited in line again, and was told our wristbands were our keys. That was awesome but wish we were told that. Same as towel cards. We went to get towels and was told we needed cards...we didn’t get cards. When we went to the front desk they told us they didn’t have anymore and to come back in the morning.
Our room was nice and roomy and our luggage was delivered right away, which was nice cause our kids were itching to get into the pools. It was my sons 13th birthday the next day so while my family was swimming I thought I’d go to guest services to see if I could get a cake for the next day. This was the worst part of our trip. The woman there was friendly but not helpful at all. There was a couple people behind the desk and they kept speaking in Spanish making me feel really uncomfortable since I didn’t know what they were saying. And they kept laughing. I told her I wanted to see if I could get a cake and maybe a set up on the beach or something. She tried to call someone once and said there was no answer. Then she gave me the number and told me to do it. I was kind of taken aback by that as I was under the impression that was part of her job. I kind of wanted to join my family in the pools but I walked away. I went to my room and tried for over half an hour to call the number she gave me. No one answered. So I went back to guest services and told the same woman I was having no luck. She tried again and said no one answered. She said for me to just keep trying. I went back to my room and tried again. After about 10 min of trying again someone answered. I explained to her what I wanted and she hung up on me. I tried calling back and the line was busy. By this time I was angry. I’d been at this for over an hour. I went back to guest services and told the woman there what had happened. Again, more conversations to the other staff there in Spanish with laughs. She tried calling again and said the line was busy. Yes, I know that as I’d been trying to call, which is why I wanted her help. Finally I asked where this woman’s office was. I wanted to physically go there. It ended up being at the sister resort the Royalton. No one offered to show me where it was or go with me. I was pissed. So I found my way there and when I got there there was a young woman sitting at a desk on her cell phone. I swear I almost lost my mind! I’d wasted now almost 2 hours trying to get in touch with her and she’s sitting there on her cell phone!!!!
I told her her phone was off the hook and I’d been trying to call her and she didn’t seem to care. I was so mad but I thought I’d just put it out of my head for my sons sake since I wanted him to have a special day and I needed this woman to make that happen. It all turned out wonderful but I had no help from memories guest service staff. I was very disappointed.
That was my only bad experience here though. The resort is nice and my kids liked the water park. Al la carts were good but the buffet was so so. All in all I’d say Memories was “ok”. In hindsight I’d stay at the Royalton. They had better restaurants, it’s closer to the beach, all the night activities are here. There was just more of what we wanted there. We were far from the beach. About a 15 min walk. Carrying beach gear that far was a hassle. They did have a trolley to take you but it was full by the time I’d come to our stop most times. The beach was gorgeous which made me wish we’d stayed at the Royalton even more. We spent all our time here. And their pools and bars were better too. They were pretty relaxed at the Royalton and no one said anything about us using their pools or their side of the beach.
Other than that one experience at guest services our trip was excellent. There was nothing wrong with the Memories resort but for my family liked I’d choose to stay at the Royalton next time, mainly for the proximity to the beach.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Rhonda W

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking a moment of your important time to provide us your review of our property.

Our staff are characterizes for being charming, helpful and they are always trying their best to create amazing experiences for our very valued guests, we really regret your perception of our Staff we are going to make sure and share your constructive observation with our Guest Service Manager in order to make an investigation and find out what happened in this particular situation.

We encourage our valuable guests to report us when they have any inconvenient in our property so we can take immediate actions and improve our guest experience.

In our receptions we have very professional staff are they are characterizes for providing the best energy and a high quality service to our very valued guests, we would love to apologize for the poor experience you had during the moment of your check in, we are going to make sure and share this important information with our Rooms Manager in order to make an investigation and find out what happened in this particular situation and make improvements if applies.

Best regards,

Stefano Sturni
Resorts Manager Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Memories Splash Resort

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed March 26th to April 2nd with my two teenagers and 5 year old. There was so much for all of us to do and my kids enjoyed the waterslides and main pool area the most! The VIBE entertainment team were amazing and the night time shows were spectacular. The food was great at both buffet and a la carte. I have recommended this resort to all my friends family and co-workers!