When going to an all-inclusive, I am typically looking for relaxation, convenience and service. I had actually booked my trip to the Dominican Republic intending to stay elsewhere but our first choice was booked for the final 3 days so after some browsing, settled on Caribe Club b/c though the reviews were not stellar, they seemed okay and the prices were more than fair. And that's what this place is...an average all-inclusive.
Check in is at a lobby which unfortunately you have to take a trolley to get down to the hotel rooms. I prefer walking distance...just don't feel like taking a trolley to get around.
Food & Drink: I don't expect food to be gourmet or even very good at most all-inclusives, but the food here was a step down from that. First, I don't care for the reservation system and twice a night seating. It's the farthest thing from being convenient...and no one sits at that desk they're supposed to be at till 3pm. So if check in is at 3 and no one is there, you are stuck eating buffet...which is even more dissappointing. I will also say the standard alcohol is low quality. I believe you can upgrade your drinks for a upgrade price and if you are sensitive to cheap booze, I recommend you upgrade.
Beach: the highlight of the trip...it was lovely and you can walk down the beach to an area with shops right on the beach selling misc gifts and trinkets to take home...a magnet for your collection perhaps. Mostly, I just tried to get there in time to get a nice palapa, b/c they will run out.
Room: We upgraded to a Honeymoon Suite. Thank gyod it wasn't our honeymoon tho b/c I would have been irate. The room was clean and they did stock the frig (tho didn't give us a bottle opener??). Our maid made pretty towel decorations on the bed and she was very nice. However, the shampoo, conditioner, etc... bottles looked old...the tags on them all looked ragged and faded. Why would brand new bottles look that way? Just made me nervous so I used my own. And there was hardly any hot water. We got a room with a jacuzzi only to realize we couldn't get any hot water to use it. We had to ask for extra towels & yes we did tip, but there were literally 2 bath towels and 1 hand towel when we first arrived...I guess it is just enough, but hardly 4.5 star level.
Staff: For the most part, very nice & good service. Were there some that could use some help in the manners and service department...sure. And it's true as other reviewers state...very little English for the most part. It helps to tip which I don't mind doing...if it gets me better service, I am fine with that.
While nothing was horrible, it just did not accuratly reflect a 4.5 star property. This is really more on par with a 3 star resort. I personally wished I paid a little more and went to an actual 4 star property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful beaches of the Dominican Republic, the famous Higuey beach, and in an area where the beauty of the countryside and the delightful crystalline water, combined with fine and delicate sand, leave visitors with a strong feeling of pleasure and an exceptional sensation of relaxation and peace. Feelings which reveal never-ending possibilities as we stay in one of the marvellous Royal Suites, or allow ourselves to be seduced by the charming Honeymoon Suites, all of which include all conveniences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Caribe Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Princess
- Caribe Club Princess Punta Cana
- Caribe Club Princess Dominican Republic