My wife and I stayed here from April 3-10 2012. We were somewhat skeptical based on some of the reviews we read before leaving but were more than happy with our stay and have no major complaints about this resort. We did pay the extra $40/person in order to get the VIP package which was definitely worth it as we went to the "La Cava" restaurant $35 value along with a 20 minute massage, the safe key for the room, a bottle of rum and cigars.
Our room was in the Corallilo building and it was a large room with a somewhat hard bed (standard in the DR) and did not have a proper fitting sheet. The room also had a pull out couch and two chairs with a table on a lower level (two steps down) and then two more chairs on the patio. The bathroom was spacious with a double sink, we had hot/warm water for teh majority of our showers, I think maybe one day we both had cold showers and then one other day for a partial shower the water turned cold.
We went to the A La Carte suppers every night except our last one (got in line at 8am in order to make reservations) opened at 830.
1- La Cava (VIP is free otherwise $35)
2 - El Sombrero (Mexican)
3- Shanghai (Oriental)
4- Brazillian Restaurant
5 - Dominican Restaurant
6 - Mamma MIa (Italian - didn't go menu looked similar to buffet pasta selections)
7- El Pescador (Other VIP restaurant - didn't go)
There is also a Creperie that we went to a couple times in the afternoon for ice cream breaks to beat the sun which was very good as well. The Brazilian & Pescador are snack bars in the afternoons and serve pizza, burgers, fries, chicken, sandwiches and salad so you should never go hungry at this resort there is always food available to you.
the nightly turn down service always restocked our fridge and left us with more towels then we needed - we would keep a stash of clean towels in the dresser so that we always had enough incase we wanted to take extra showers.
the best drinks at the resort were either made in the lobby or at the pool bar - the Antonio special!
We never had any issues trying to get chairs by the pool or on the beach as there seemed like there were 3 chairs to every 1 person at the resort.
Overall this was a very nice resort and definitely a good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful beaches of the Dominican Republic, the famous Higuey beach, and in an area where the beauty of the countryside and the delightful crystalline water, combined with fine and delicate sand, leave visitors with a strong feeling of pleasure and an exceptional sensation of relaxation and peace. Feelings which reveal never-ending possibilities as we stay in one of the marvellous Royal Suites, or allow ourselves to be seduced by the charming Honeymoon Suites, all of which include all conveniences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Caribe Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Princess
- Caribe Club Princess Punta Cana
- Caribe Club Princess Dominican Republic