We were at the Grand Palladium Resort and Spa, which is the lower end property of the 4 hotels under the Grand Palladium name. First, the pros: The property was beautiful and well-maintained overall. The beach was only a 2 minute walk and we could use the pools in the other hotels (which were smaller and quieter, aka fewer kids, than ours) although we did spend most of our pool time in the pool at our place. The ala carte restaurants were wonderful and we could go to almost any one of them any time. We ate ala cart 4 times of the 7 nights we were there. The help is great and, although there is a bit of a language barrier at times, we had a good time with everyone we met. Drinks were excellent and free-flowing. Beach was clean. Mini-bar was filled daily and fresh water was always available.
Now, the cons: The room, while adequate, was very warm. They set the A/C so you could not change it. It ran at 25 centigrade at all times. The ceiling fan helped a bit. There was very little water pressure at times and the last night it took 45 minutes to get 5" of lukewarm water into the whirlpool. Our pillows smelled like mildew and the pillowcases did not fit over the entire pillow. My biggest complaint about the room was that on the first day the blow dryer quit - it actually started to melt and there was smoke coming from it. It could NOT be unplugged as the cord went into the wall. I set it away from anything that might catch fire and informed the front desk. It was never fixed. We told them 4 times verbally and 2 times in a written manner. Once, 2 men came to look at it and said it was okay. I started it up and it smoked again. Never did get one that worked. We also had to ask for soap and shampoo as it had not been replaced by the 3rd day. Last, the main buffet food was not good. The meat was very tough and most of the other food was lukewarm if not cold. Some of the sterno was actually off the pans even early in the evening. Lines for omelets often ran to 15-20 minutes and it was not their priority to refill empty trays quickly.
The ala carte restaurants often had waits of 2 hours, as we were told no reservations could be made, but then asked it we had reservations when we got to the restaurant. Hmmm. We finally figured out that it you go very early in the evening, no problem. But if you try to go after 7 pm - you might be eating about 9pm.
That being said, we did have a great time and would go again but I would bring my own hair dryer and eat early!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino & Royal Suites. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Punta Cana (excluding the Royal Suites). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort Spa