We stayed April 3-8. We came to Excellence to get married, and then enjoy our honeymoon. we read lots of reviews before we left, and felt that anyone that had criticism was very picky. I will break it up so that its easier to follow;
Rooms- Very nice, very clean, and the cleaning staff were super helpful. The minibar was always stocked, and the safe was more than adequate for what we brought, which was just our travel docs and some petty cash. The only thing that was tricky was the toilet, but that wasnt because of the resort, it is a DR thing. The pressure is lower, and you def dont want to use a lot of toilet paper.
Food- As a group we ate at every restaurant on the resort and did not have a bad meal while we were there. For breakfast, I thought the best was Toscana, where you could get ready to make omelets, eggs, waffles, french toast, plus a huge buffet with everything you would need. Some of the other breakfast restaurants had a menu to order from, but I was content with the buffet. We spent most of the lunches at The Grill, just because it was by the pool, and had a good variety of lunch options. Dinner was were the fun was, because they had so many different choices from Mexican (Agave) French, Seafood (Lobster House) Italian, and Japanese(Spice). The resort also has a few other restaurants, like Mediterranean and Pizza, which were also great. The room service was terrific. The food is made fresh, and tastes just as good as the restaurants.
Bars- We tried almost every bar on the resort. The only ones we didnt were some of the random pool/beach bars. All of them did an awesome job of making what you wanted, and how you wanted it. They were always happy to serve you, and it was always nice to get friendly with a bartender/waitress(They would take care of you right back) Just make sure that if you really like a certain brand of liquor to ask for it, because they may make a certain drink with a different brand from bar to bar.
Activities- This is what set the resort apart from the others that Ive heard of or been to. There is always something to do, and many times there will be someone walking around the resort letting you know what activities are happening. If you go, you need to find Willy. You will know him when you meet him. The best guy at the resort. Made the trip incredible, especially if he got to know you a little. He was the equivalent to a cruise director, he knew everything to do, and was a blast doing it. We also took to playing pool volleyball which was a good way to get sun, and also stay a little active.
Overall resort- Everything was top-notch from the champagne at arrival, until the last meal you eat there. The service is exceptional, and we never heard the word NO when we were there. I would definitely go back.
We would just like to send a special thanks to everyone at the resort that made our wedding all that it was. It exceeded our expectations. Griselda, our wedding coordinator was so helpful and so accommodating. The front desk/concierge team welcomed us with open arms, and were helpful in getting us situated.
The only thing that was a bummer were the sand flies. If the beach was calm, they would come out and bite. Some people say they are bed bugs, but the fact they bite you on the beach, and you can see them, they were obviously sand flies. it is just someone that was misled or misinformed. Also be very careful after it rains, the walkway outside the rooms gets very slippery when they are wet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence