Staff - The Staff here is very helpful and for the most part very pleasant. I do recommend tipping at the bars and restaurants - they will remember you and provide even better service.
Food - My least favorite bar. We stuck to the buffet for most of our trip and it was mediocre at best and inedible at worst. Mikado Sushi and Mariachi Mexican were the only restaurants we enjoyed, along with the free Crepe shop in the shopping plaza. Stick to the food items that you watch a chef prepare during your meals (pasta, omelettes, grilled items) and you should be fine.
Pool - Beautiful and usually pretty quiet until noon. The water is nice and there are plenty of places to lay down. The pool bar is easy to access and provides good service.
Beach - Also very nice, but you have to get there between 8 and 9 am in order to get a spot closer to the water, but you can get a tan no matter where you go.
Excursions - We read that the guys walking around the pool and beach trying to get you to buy excursions do not have insurance but are cheaper (1/2 to 2/3 the price of the Scuba Aquatics guys, who seem to have a more legit operation going on).
Room - Mini bar stocked with soda, beer and water is refilled every time the maid comes, leave 5$ the first time before your room is cleaned and you should get good service. The tub is not a large hot tub as advertised but a little bit smaller. The room is a good size and keeping the fan on should keep you cool. The balcony is a nice touch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent hotel resort with exclusive, white sandy beaches, crystalline Caribbean waters, palm trees lining the coast and abundant vegetation throughout the complex. Coral reefs along the beach allow guests to enjoy the rich marine life of the Caribbean Sea. It is located in Playa Cabeza de Toro (Punta Cana), one of the best beach areas in the Dominican Republic. The complex is situated 20 km from the International Airport of Punta Cana and 47 km from Higuey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Catalonia Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Golf & Casino Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Catalonia Bavaro
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Hotel