57 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$ 261
PricelineUS$ 261
Hotels.comUS$ 261
eDreamsUS$ 261
Orbitz.comUS$ 261
TravelocityUS$ 261
All reviews coca cola sports bar sprayed air freshener extra security asian restaurant excellent hotel comfortable rooms shakey shakey kids club big room hot tub on the balcony unforgettable vacation entertainment team wake up early amazing drinks my favorite restaurant hand sanitizer
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 October 2021

Since the first day we arrived Kelvin and Estali greeted us with open arms and have catered to all of our needs. Amazing bartenders and better yet people! Very hardworking and friendly ! When Kelvin is not bartending he is cleaning up around the pool. They have a great personality and sense of humor! If you are looking for a bartender who will listen to what you want, help you decide on what to drink and make you laugh, Kelvin and Estali are your the bartenders for you! You won’t be disappointed !

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WERNER FRANCIS, Owner at Serenade Punta Cana Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2021

Dear amanda t.

It has been a true honor to receive you at our hotel and to be able to contribute to your rest in the Caribbean. We want to thank you for giving us your trust and loyalty.

We can emphasize that our team is our biggest asset, as they represent the soul of our hotel. It is thanks to our co-workers that we have been able to create these unique moments. We are proud to have such committed members in our team, and we assure you that we will share your kind words with them.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 October 2021

Hello,

I am writing this in the middle of what is supposed to be a great vacation enjoying time with my fiance, but instead, here I writing this so I can somehow warn all of you who are planning on staying here. We are scheduled to stay here for two weeks (Oct 6-20). We also booked the preferred option which is where you expect amazing service and for everything to be absolutely perfect. Our first week was great and we loved our room. Not everything was perfect, especially for the standards expected to be upheld by a so-called 5-star resort, but we looked past these things. Some of these issues include the terrible food, rude staff, staff that cannot understand english, showers that do not get hot, weak Wi-Fi, and disgusting seawater. Like I said, these things were piling up one after another in the negative column but we were able to look past these imperfections as we were still enjoying the positives this hotel has to offer. This was, until two nights ago.

To preface, my fiance and I run a travel instagram page where we travel the world and promote the places we travel to for our followers and give tips on what to see, where to stay, and what to do. We have a large following of almost 6 million people (5.9 million to be exact) and we bring them our honest reviews of our destinations, which is why they follow us and trust us for all of their travel needs. Our goal is always to be truthful but also to shine a positive light on all the places we visit, no matter how great or terrible. We both agree, this has been the worst travel experience we have encountered so far. We have been all around the globe and stayed at thousands of hotels, so that is saying something.

Now to the infamous night two nights ago:
We were getting ready for bed when I decided to get up to go to the bathroom. That is when I discovered a couple bugs in the bathroom. I thought it was no big deal and I went out to wash my hands. Upon washing my hands I began to find more of these same bugs around the sink and on the mirror. As I kept killing them one by one, I realized they were nearly everywhere i looked. I tried to kill them all so I wouldn't have to tell my fiance, as I knew this would scare and upset her as well as ruin the entire vacation. Bugs are one thing that she just cannot handle, especially in our living area. I had no choice though, there were hundreds literally taking over our room. This is when I called downstairs to concierge. I told him that we had this problem and he told me he would send housekeeping... not sure what that would do but okay lets see. After waiting for nearly an hour, I decided to walk all the way to the lobby to speak to this guy in person as housekeeping never showed up to our room. By now, there were probably close to a thousand bugs in our room, crawling all over our room and belongings. They were in everything from our bathroom essentials to our suitcases full of clothes, and even our shoes. When I arrived to the lobby, the man was extremely rude and told me he would call the bug guy but that we would have to wait for them to come. (The time was roughly 1 AM at this point). I told him that would not work as my fiance did not want to stay in that room for another second. Frustrated, he looked for another room and told us there was only one more available similar to what we had booked. The man in the lobby then sent the bellboy to help carry our luggage to our new room. I told him to also send maintenance to help clean the bugs out of our stuff before carrying everything to our new room. About 45 minutes later, the bellboy showed up and laughed at us when he saw the bugs saying, "these are not mosquitoes, these are ants." This was not true as they were flying bugs and what we had identified later as roaches. It was extremely hard to communicate with him as he only spoke spanish. I kept telling him to call maintenance to help clean the bugs out of our belongings but he did not understand. He then called the guy in the lobby to help translate and that is when he started yelling at me through the phone telling me the boy was there to help us so we should let him help. I said okay although i thought that should not be his job as his job was only to carry bags. He then instructed the boy on what to do, which was to clean the bugs out of our stuff so that they did not follow to our new room. This is when the boy decided to just pick everything up, bug-infested, and start putting it all in plastic bags. He brought those plastic bags to our new room and left us. We were the left at nearly 2:30AM to sort through these bags in the hallway one bag and one article of clothing and one item at a time. That seems like exactly how a preferred customer should be treated at a five-star hotel! This was also an issue because we both had to wake up at 6AM for work the next day as we are working online during the weekdays while we are here. This was obviously impossible now so we both notified our bosses that we would be starting late the next day. We decided to sleep until 10AM so that we could at least get a full night of sleep. Once again, this was ruined when the housekeeping lady entered our room without even knocking! That is one of the craziest things we have ever experienced. This woke us up and the lady was very sorry for waking us up but that does not fix the fact that now we were extremely exhausted for work and that we now felt very unsafe as if anyone could just walk into our room at any time.

So to summarize, do not stay here if you’re not looking for bad service, rude staff, disgusting food, bugs covering all areas of your room, staff that walks in without knocking, disgusting seawater and no bilingual staff.

I truly hope everyone who’s considering staying here reads this message before you ruin your vacation.

1  Thank 282rebeckal
WERNER FRANCIS, Owner at Serenade Punta Cana Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2021

Dear Rebecka L.

First and foremost, thank you for selecting our property as your destination in Punta Cana, our goal is to offer the best experience possible so you can enjoy your well-deserved vacations at their fullest, we’re confident that our resort’s impeccable service, nature surrounding feel, and our renowned Dominican hospitality that we all know and love, continues to be on the forefront of all our guest’s experience.

For this reason, we deeply regret to hear that your expectations were not met, as expected. In this regard, we would like to apologize for any details that may have clouded your existing impression of us. However, we thank you for contacting us in this way and allowing us to show you that selecting us was the right choice as the aim of our hotel is to be part of your best memories.

But first please allow to explain ourself, as we told you the day you reported the incidence in your room, we explained that all the insects, that appeared on your terrace, are typical of the tropical climate and nature of the Dominican Republic, they are harmless flying insects that appear in the area due to at high humidity and rain.

We are astonished to hear your comments regarding our team, as they are one of our greatest assets and are normally known for their professionalism and kind attitude. Nevertheless, we will address your concerns with them, in order to ensure the proper attitude toward our beloved guests.

Our guest’s comments are more than relevant to us as they encourage us to improve our products and services, we have shared your feedback with our operational team, who will take it upon themselves to improve your experience and hopefully your satisfaction.

Certainly, there is not a second chance to create a first good impression, nonetheless, we would feel honored if you could provide us with a new opportunity to demonstrate that selecting us was the correct choice as our hotel aim is to become part of your best memories.

Best regards.

Reviewed 18 October 2021 via mobile

The kids club at hotel serenade is perfect for the kids to have a great time in an excellent environment and with excellent care by Emely and Minerva , they are very friendly with the kids , children love them. Thank you so much for the great care for our kids .

Trip type: Travelled with family
WERNER FRANCIS, Owner at Serenade Punta Cana Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Catherine N,

Thank you for choosing us as your holiday destination and for sharing your experience with this community. We are pleasant to know that you enjoyed the great service offered by our hotel, as our objective is to creative unforgettable and unique experiences, we are happy to know that we have achieved. It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you back.

Best regards.

Reviewed 16 October 2021

The live shows where very entertaining and well preformed,.very friendly personal and great food.i will recommend this resort to everyone. Nice and clean pools, clean rooms, and great niggt life, with dj and open bars everywhere, this is a great vacation destination.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear N5059MOjuanc,

Our best satisfaction is that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us and that they want to visit us again. On behalf of the hotel team and myself, many thanks for your kind words

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 15 October 2021

Our stay at the Serenade Punta Cana was wonderful. Out favorite things about it was the gastronomy, excellent choice of restaurants and food, our favorite one was the Cut and Asian restaurant, italian restaurant was very good too. Nothing to compare with other hotels we’ve been to.
The rooms were very clean and everything on its place, very modern and spacious. Beds are confortable.

The night shows were excellent and very entertaining, specially the ideal couple where we were winners of the night, yamirsy alias shaky shaky, with capuccino, cocacola, Junior and Luz were excellent to us! Very friendly people who were always very attending.
The night of stars was my favorite show where they imitate big stars.

Cons:
- Name tags in the buffet food. It’s very important to know what you are eating.
- In the bedrooms it’s important to have different soaps for the face and body. They have only shampoo for hair, body and face.
- The beach, too much seaweeds almost no one could enjoy it.

We were looking for rest and that’s definitely what we got! We definitely will come back!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WERNER FRANCIS, Owner at Serenade Punta Cana Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2021

Dear Madeline Z,

We appreciate the time you spent sharing your comments, we are proud to have been your host hotel for your vacation. As a luxury, service-oriented hotel with high quality standards, our guests' opinions play a crucial role in optimizing our services. We are faithful promoters of unique experiences and memorable memories that you can share with friends and family, the views of our guests drive us in a unique way to improve the experience delivered, listening to their comments on how they perceive our services helps us to know the areas of opportunity so that with this we can provide the best experience.
Delighted that your recent experience at our property left the best impression on you, we hope to see you again at our luxury hotel very soon.

Best Regards,