11,134 results
All reviewsseaside grillentertainment teameddie murphyla rivieramilky waybaopreferred clubthe lazy river pooljuan manuelpool barbig papisexy chocolateour honeymoonswim up roompreferred poolspaghettiunlimited vacation club
Reviewed 30 July 2011

This was my 1st wedding anniversary vacations!!!! And believe this went way better than my honeymoon at the cruise...I connected so much with my husband that I felt totally in love again....First of all...they welcome you with a glass of champagne and a hot towel for the face. Their staff is AMAZINGGG you don't have to move a finger if you don't want to. The room is big and the best of all is the jacuzzi at the balcony. You and your parter will connect so much believe me...wonderful stuffs can happen there...the bathroom is big and have a separate room for the toilet. Now the pool...amazinggg...make sure you stand near the bar so you can repeat your drinks. :)  They have staff that will pass over and over to repeat also your drinks. The beach... The sand is very white and they keep it so clean that i couldn't find an ant on the palms trees!!!! The beach has seaweed but they make sure to clean the shore every morning. They have a lot of gazebos for you to pass the day... But you have to pay for the beds :( but not during the night and pleaseee try to go to the beach during the night. Is the most romantic thing to do...you alone with your parter hearing and seeing the waves AWESOMEEE. During the day, they have staff to pass over and over offering you drinks and every 15 or 25 minutes they will come with a new drink. Believe me, you will not experience such a pampering as in this hotel.  Also, is the first time I was topless at the beach and is the most liberating thing ever and the staff were very respecful. I did not experiment any lust in their eyes. The food...the buffet is extraordinary amazing. They have a great variety of food for every kind of person. The restaurants other than the buffet are great but the French one(at least I did not like it ) and the service there was not good. The other restaurants were so great and the staff were very attentive. The amount of relaxation in this hotel is so great that it will be very difficult to schedule another trip to another destination knowing the amount of pampering that is offered in this hotel. This is what I called VACATIONS! You really need to try this type of vacations specially if you have kids since this is all adults hotel and believe me when I say that no matter if you love kids, you will enjoy this silence....ahhhhhhhhhh

• Stayed: July 2011
5  Thank skaramusa
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My husband and I spent four nights in one of the presidential suites. Overall, we were not all that impressed. The room was large, but nothing special.

The first two days we were there the food was horrible. No taste or seasoning, overdone steaks, raw chicken, everything we tried was just bad. Then the last two days the food improved drastically. We never went back to either of the restaurants, but the food on the buffet got much better. However, I'm not still sure if it was actually good or if it just wasn't bad.

The sales pitch for the "property tour" is quite annoying, but at least we were expecting it.

The beach is nice, as is the pool. We had no problem getting seats by either. We had absolutely no problems at all with the service. Everyone was very friendly and more than happy to take care of anything we asked for.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

This resort is certainly NOT worth the money! 90% of the staff here speaks no english, so don't plan on asking any of them any questions.The food is pretty poor quality and plan on sitting on the toilet about 8 times a day. The best thing you'll find on the room service menu is a small cheese burger. you can get a steak in their resturant, and i have to say is was very tasty, all 3 bites of it. This resort is very chincy!!! Only one of the 5 or so bars had american beer (coors light) which they ran out of EVERY DAMN DAY!!! Wasn't very happy about spending $3000 on my vacation and not being able to drink any american beer. I complained to the front desk about this to no avail !. Concierge service my butt! They do have a very nice pool bar, but they close it at 6pm ??? What the hell ?
I thought i was suppose to be on vacation?? There is nothing fun to do at night unless you go to the sister resort next door which has a sports bar and a night club, both of which were full of kids! If you are looking to have fun and party, this is certainly NOT the place to be. I guess maybe my stays at sandals resorts spoiled me, cause sandals resorts blows this one clean out of the water! I honestly wouldn't come back here if it were free!!

1  Thank Kenwest100
Resident_Mgr_Asst, Manager at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2012

Dear Secrets Royal Beach Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time out to post a review of your stay here at our beautiful Secrets Royal Beach.

Since you have stayed with us in July 2011 we have had a big change until now in the perfection of our Service quality. We regret that you were not able to enjoy our hotel as you wished, while you were staying with us.

In the meantime, we have hired an English teacher to provide English lessons for our Staff. As well we have recruited two awarded executive chefs from Spain to provide excellent food quality. Furthermore a Training and Development Director supervises and controls the Service Standards within the Resort.

Please be aware, that the Secrets Royal Beach is an adult only Hotel. In contrast to the other Secrets Hotels we offer an additional option to use the facilities of the adjoining Now Larimar to our Secrets Royal Beach guests for free. Secrets Royal Beach have the option to use both hotels, while the Now Larimar guest can only use the facilities of the Now Larimar.

We really would like a second chance to leave a good impression of not only our hotel but of our destination as well. If you ever come back to the Dominican Republic, contact us and we will make sure you have a great stay!

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Warm regards from your home in paradise,

Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana
Av. Alemania S/N,
El Cortecito,
Bavaro Beach
Prov. La Altagracia, República Dominicana

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Food was great and adelito the cleaning crew he kept our room clean a big thank you the dancers were great Speedy and the other team.....Elvis Presley was amazing nice show...pleasant trip and will stay again in the Secrets Resort

Room Tip: You won't regret staying at the Secrets Resort
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank cana39
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The accomodations at the resort are very comfortable. All the staff are very helpful and eager to make our vacation a success. The property is well maintained and the grounds are beautiful. The beach is wide and has the most beautiful white sand, lots of seaweed which was constantly being cleaned up. The food in the restaurants is very good and there is a wide variety to choose from. All in all it is a peaceful, beautiful location and I can't wait to come back soon!!

1  Thank Aeyteam