Visited Natura Park Eco Resort this year for two weeks ,Feb 3 to 17. This is our fifth year in a row to Punta Cana. A different resort every year. While this wasn"t the worst , it came close! Even our travel agent had tried to steer us elsewhere. We got a very good last minute price so we didn't take her advice (in hindsight we probably should have) This is an old and out-dated resort with many pitfalls. But first let's start with the good:
1/ The food was above average for the resorts we've visited. Steakhouse was great ,not so much the Italian. The hamburgers at the beach grill were great.
2/ The assorted wildlife was a nice touch especially the flamingos. Not so much, the annoying geese.
3/ The beach was gorgeous as it is at all Punta Cana resorts
4/ Our maid, Maria, was tremendous. I'm sure our room was cleaned by noon almost every day. The gifts and money we left out her for probably helped.
I'm sure there were more good points but they escape me at the moment. Now onto the bad: 1/ Not sure where they found a 3/4" piece of plywood that was the same size as a king-size bed, but they did! Worst and hardest bed ever!!!
2/ 20" TV in the room. Pretty sure that they don't even make those tube ones anymore.
3/ Took 4 days to get a coffee maker that worked in our room.
4/ NO disco, NO casino, hence NO nightlife (unless you wanted to go off resort for$$)
5/ Sad when the best nightly entertainment was the the kareoke night and the mini-discos for the kids. Every resort has a Micheal Jackson show and this one was the least entertaining.
6/ Not once at the buffet were we offered wine or drinks at our table before we had almost finished our meals ( and when will the Dominicans learn that red wine is not to be chilled!!)
7/ The Wellness buffet they like to advertise consisted of rice ,one veggie and, either, fish or chicken.
8/ The pool was the smallest of any resort we've been to and the coldest!!!! There was a sign stating that a certain temperature was to be maintained but it never got close!
9/ I feel the off season would have been a good time to sand and stain every bridge and staircase on the resort (the fumes were annoying)
I could go on but that would be nit-picking. We still enjoyed ourselves none the less. Met some great people( especially from BC ,Ottawa and the East coast) and staff ( Avatar and Daniel the bartender). This resort needs to bring itself into the 21st century. The potential is there. Sorry to say though, we will not be recommending this resort to our circle of friends and family (unless they get a great last minute deal like we got!)
Pay the extra and go to Catalonia or Grand Bahai!!
Cheers Larry & Michelle London Ontario Canada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Natura Park Beach Eco Resort & SpaExperience a holiday in complete harmony with nature at our luxury Punta Cana resort, Blau Natura Park. Lush tropical gardens teeming with exotic bird life are interspersed with lagoons and bridges along winding paths which lead to the beach. Our Punta Cana luxury hotel is located on the marvelous Playa Bavaro beach, one of the best in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Natura Park Punta Cana
- Natura Park Beach Eco Resort & Spa
- Natura Park Beach Ecoresort Hotel
- Blau Natura Park Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Natura Park Resort
- Natura Park Hotel