11,786 results
All reviews seaside grill preferred club world cafe coco cafe entertainment team preferred pool preferred area explorers club el patio preferred room french restaurant honeymoon suite wedding coordinator lobby bar steak dominican republic the general manager
Reviewed 17 September 2015

Dreams Palm Beach was awesome! We stayed for there 7 days and 8 nights. We arrived at the beginning of the U.S. Labor Day weekend and stayed through the following Saturday.

The wait staff was fabulous and the facilities very nice. The grounds were impeccable. The attitude of everyone was wonderful and always cheerful. They made us smile our whole stay. A few people in particular were really awesome - in the World Cafe: George, Emilio, Ramon and Lilly (the Coco Cafe girl who always had a bright, bright smile! :-). They made us feel like family. There were others too in the World Café who were wonderful, but sadly I cannot remember their names :-( but I have pictures.

Felix was our server in the Preferred Club Beach area during the first four days. He was absolutely wonderful and was always there for us even though the beach area was full. He was there so often that it seemed like there were two of him coming and going.

Of all my favorite people at the resort, and best employees, I would have to say Orelinda, at the Preferred Family Lounge, tops of my list! Whereas everyone was great, Orelinda excelled! She helped us out many times, not just with information and service, but with an absolute genuine interest and caring for us as people. Not that others did not, but Orelinda was exceptional and you could hear it in her voice, see it in her eyes and her face lit up as she spoke of her home country and all the things we could do and see.

Many more good things I could say, but let me cite a few areas for improvement:

1. WiFi was spotty in Building 4 in the evenings. Kept booting me off. At the beach, pools and restaurants seemed much better.

2. The room we stayed in had inadequate places to unpack. I did not like living out of a suitcase and draping many of my clothes over our chairs. Made it difficult to relax in our room.

3. Oddly, there was no place to hang wet clothes/bathing suits either in the bathroom or on the balcony. This was a nuisance.

Two things that were truly negative for us: The first not so much, but worth noting - on our 5th day (Wednesday) the service in the Preferred Beach Area noticeably dropped off. My thoughts were: Felix must have had a few days off or the resort was short-staffed or because the holiday weekend was over the resort deliberately scheduled fewer people. For the remainder of our stay, we infrequently saw wait staff on beach. (For those remaining days, Wed-Fri, maybe they cut back to only one person to covering both the Preferred Beach and Family Pool. Not sure.)

But the BIG NEGATIVE for our whole stay, and the only thing that would possibly keep us from going back was the insufficient AIR CONDITIONING in our room. During our stay every day was 90+ degrees F outside and the humidity was a bit high. How we wished our room could have been a haven from this, but it was not. The AC ran continuously (to be expected) BUT never cooled the room properly or dealt effectively with the humidity (not to be expected, especially because we were staying in the Preferred buildings). The one place we thought we could retreat to was not to be. Having a background in HVAC I figured the unit was low on Freon, the coils frozen over, or the filters plugged - but even after they serviced the unit (two days in) it did not improve very much at all. I thought perhaps the unit was under-sized and could not handle the heat load (which may be the case for our specific room), but I asked other guests how their AC was and they said their rooms were very cool even to the point they had to adjust it not to be so cool (How we wished we had this problem! because we were sweating in our room almost as much as we did outside. I am almost embarrassed to say, but I had to lay on the marble floor nightly just to bring my core temp down.) If we could be guaranteed this would not happen again, we would most definitely go back to Dreams Palm Beach. If not, it would give us pause. This is the only reason I cannot rate our stay as excellent. But I will say this, the service was so superior for most of the trip that even without proper AC, we most likely still would return.

Room Tip: Choose a room where the balcony truly faces the ocean to get an ocean breeze
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Dreams-PalmBeac... M, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2015

Dear Guest,

Receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. Thank you for giving us the honor of welcoming you to your Dreams home away from home and most importantly for sharing your experience regarding this past vacation through this forum; as it helps others at the time of choosing a place to vacation at.

Please know that we have shaerd your comments with the appropriate managers in order to correct an improve our staff service and kee doing what we do the best provice an extraordinary excellent service.

Thank you highlighting our staffs’, hospitality, and friendliness and service specially energetic entertainment team and food and beverage staff, as these are the things that characterize them and separate us from other hotels in the area. It is very rewarding you enjoyed all aspects of our fabulous hotel and most importantly that you enjoyed your vacation.

Thank you for giving us the honor of being able to vacation with you. On behalf of our Dreams staff, we would love to be able to welcome you in the near future, so that you are able to relive the Dreams experience.

Lucía M. Grullón

Reviewed 17 September 2015 via mobile

We have been here as a couple - this time we brought our family. We had so much fun - the boys enjoyed sailing and kayaks and the other special sports offered everyday. Then at dinner we enjoyed Excellente dinner at the Mexican, Seaside Cafe and French - we loved all the meals. We are having such an Excellente time our week is going by so fast. Pedro we'll be back - soon.
Frank & Debby

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Greetings from sunny Dreams Palm Beach. Your comments are very valuable and very much appreciated. Thank you for making Dreams your home away from home. It is always a pleasure to read we are able to satisfy our guests’ expectations. Thank you for your compliments towards our staff; they really know how to make our guests happy on a daily basis.

It was an honor to have vacationed with you and your family. Remember that here you have a home with us. Looking forward to welcome you back home.

Lucia M. Grullón

Reviewed 16 September 2015

I cannot speak to highly of this hotel we are four days into our fourteen day holiday.
Even if iberia and British airways lost our bags for those four days,the staff here are from another land that makes special people.i cannot speak to highly of them. Even though we had no bags they all helped us by ringing every day to ba and iberia,
The food is amazing there is so many options that it makes you dizzy thinking now what shall I eat today, steaks are excellent breakfast is amazing every thing is amazing ,I can honestly say this is the best hotel we gave ever stayed in

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for ocean facing room ie 4214
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank splasherPreston
Dreams-PalmBeac... M, Public Relations Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2015

Dear Guest,

Greetings from sunny Dreams palm Beach. We are thrilled to hear about your successful stay with us. There can be no better words to us that receiving such comforting words from our host their valuable and honest comments.

Certainly our staff takes care of treating each guest as what they are, part of our family, giving their best every day. Is an honor to know you and your family received exactly that. Please know that your amazing comment towards our amazing staffs members have been shared and all our head leaders.

Please know that here you have a home away from home and a family that will be waiting to take care of you. We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back home.

Lucia M. Grullón

Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

Very pleased! Would highly recommend! Five star!
All inclusive at its best!
Staff are friendly and can't do enough!

Excellent choice of restaurants! Food is amazing!

Great place for couples, families or friends! Plenty of activities, staff are always getting people involved in things to do. We did aqua aerobics, painting, archery! I would definitely go back! Rooms are a great size and very clean and modern. Room service is included! I actually can't fault this place!

Would recommend swimming with the Sharks! One of the best experiences I have ever done! Make sure you take an under water camera!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Connie198

Dear Guest,

Receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. Thank you for having chosen us as your vacation destination in the Punta Cana area; it is more than an honor to have had you with us at Dreams. We truly appreciate the fact that you have taken a moment of your time to post such a wonderful comment.

We are glad that you enjoyed all facilities. It is our desire to ensure every guest experience is both exceptional and memorable and we are happy that we were able to achieve this.Thank you for pointing out, how great your stay was and how friendly our staff is, it is much appreciated.
We hope to have the pleasure of being able to welcome you to your Dreams home in Punta Cana. See you real soon!

Lucía M. Grullón

Reviewed 16 September 2015

I went with my mom for 1 week at Dreams PB PC. We had a wonderful time.
Check in was super simple. Our flight was early so we were early at the resort. They got a room for us before check in and it was great. We did have to sit with someone to talk about their deal thing which was not good. Didn't like that at all but we had to the last time we were at Dreams in Mexico as well. Same thing. We just said no thanks, not interested, no matter how much they pushed. We then got our drinks and went to our room to get changed.
We had to meet our travel agent the next morning and book our excursion, the one we never planned to do but did anyway, and it was cheaper through them and it was so much fun. Saona Island is a great place to go if you have them time. Ours was about 12 hours.

We didn't go in the ocean water at all but did walk up and down the beach. The ocean had a lot of seaweed, however the tropical storm just came through and the staff did everything they could to keep it clean. The water did look good though (we swam in the water on our Saona trip and it was wonderful)

We went to every restaurant. I am an extremely picky person. I do not eat any fish or anything that comes from the water and I found food I liked everywhere. The steak at the seaside grill was amazing! The orange cream dessert at the French was also fantastic. We went back to the Mexican for dessert only one night because it was so wonderful the first time. It was a little awkward as I don't think they appreciated us coming in for dessert only. It wasn't as good the second time as it seemed overcooked but the first night it was amazing. There was a lot of selection and if you can't find something you like you are not looking hard enough. They have everything.

The entertainment staff was a lot of fun. They made me laugh every day. They had so many things going on, like the american football kickoff, run tasting, aqua aerobics, and pretty much anything you want. The one show we saw, an authentic PC show, was so good!! Loved making sangria on the beach as well. They were amazing. That's why I kept going back for more!!

As for the servers around the pool. They were above and beyond my favourite. Michael, you know who you are!! You are awesome!! Such a friendly and wonderful person. Always smiling and interacting with people. I love that you actually would stop and talk for a minute. That really made my stay great. I know that you aren't supposed to talk to us, but honestly, I think it is very important and it made us feel like you actually cared and liked your job! That's why we tried to sit where you were every day. Johnathon (I believe is his name), is very shy but if you chat with him for a few he opens up and is super nice as well. Orlando was great too. Michael, you make a great ice-cream guy, but a much better server!! Keep smiling!!

Others that made our stay wonderful were Rayber, Teddy Bear and Luis, as well as many more however these are the only names I can remember.

The lobby bar was the only one I actually went up to. They were great. We used the server for most of the time though so didn't talk much to the bartenders but they usually had a smile when I was looking at them.

Our rooms were great. We were in the regular side, (didn't see the need to upgrade). Our room faced the gardens, which I liked for privacy reasons. It was quiet. We tipped our maid every day and also left a note for what we wanted in the mini bar and that's what was in there every day. So appreciated that. She left flowers the first few days. (think it was a different lady the last few days).

Check out was super easy. Checked out and left without issues.

Almost everyone we met was super nice. Their big thing is "fantastico" they are never great, they are "fantastico". And it's always "it's a pleasure" for them when you ask for something and say thank you.

Room Tip: we liked the garden view rooms for privacy. upgrade not worth it. regular rooms were great.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Dawn T

Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Palm Beach. Thank you so much for having chosen us as your vacation destination and for such encouraging words that provides us the inspiration to achieve even more each day.

It makes us extremely happy, to know that we were able to fulfill your expectations and that we were able to make this trip for you a memorable one; most importantly that you enjoyed all our lovely hotel has to offer. Thank you for your recognition towards our hard working staff, they are the true heroes and the ones who make sure all guests are satisfied.

It was an honor to have welcomed you home and we look forward to making you next stay even better. Hope to see you soon!

Lucia M. Grullon