Overall, we were extremely pleased with Dream Palm Beach! There were four of us -- me, my husand, 13 year old and 10 year old. I researched several resorts before booking Dreams. Like others, I was obsessively reading reviews leading up to our trip, and was a bit worried when I read some negative reviews. But I'm thrilled to say, that we couldn't have been happier with our stay.
Beach is breathtaking. Personally, I couldn't get enough of the views, palm trees, water, etc. -- pools gave great variety for my kids who were basically in those pools for 7 days straight. We enjoyed the swim up bar too and enjoyed getting to know others at the resort.
The restaurants were all great (really enjoyed the Hibachi) For as many people that were there -- we felt like we never had to wait for anything. Granted, we did go to dinners early which helps, but we also never had a problem getting seats at the pool or beach. Everyone was extremely friendly and attentive (but not overbearing). We took advantage of the morning walk, Spanish lessons, archery, beach massages, and banana boat ride!
We never had a problem having hot water. The rooms was always cleaned to our satisfaction. Once the cleaning staff realized we left the room early, they made a point of cleaning our room early -- which was great if someone wanted a break from pool in the afternoon to take a quick nap.
World Cafe is wonderful. Went there every day for breakfast and lunch. There is so much food and variety -- couldn't ask for anything more.
We opted not to upgrade to Preferred Club, I really couldn't see the benefit in doing so. We were in building 8 which was great location for us. Our kids would have gone to the bigger pools anyway -- so the private pool was not a temptation. Perhaps the private beach area and access to the Seaside Grill for breakfast and lunch would have been nice, but I had no complaints.
Everyone had a blast -- already talking about the 'next time we come down.'
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro