“Fantastic Vacation!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Marlton, New Jersey
“Fantastic Vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

Overall, we were extremely pleased with Dream Palm Beach! There were four of us -- me, my husand, 13 year old and 10 year old. I researched several resorts before booking Dreams. Like others, I was obsessively reading reviews leading up to our trip, and was a bit worried when I read some negative reviews. But I'm thrilled to say, that we couldn't have been happier with our stay.

Beach is breathtaking. Personally, I couldn't get enough of the views, palm trees, water, etc. -- pools gave great variety for my kids who were basically in those pools for 7 days straight. We enjoyed the swim up bar too and enjoyed getting to know others at the resort.

The restaurants were all great (really enjoyed the Hibachi) For as many people that were there -- we felt like we never had to wait for anything. Granted, we did go to dinners early which helps, but we also never had a problem getting seats at the pool or beach. Everyone was extremely friendly and attentive (but not overbearing). We took advantage of the morning walk, Spanish lessons, archery, beach massages, and banana boat ride!

We never had a problem having hot water. The rooms was always cleaned to our satisfaction. Once the cleaning staff realized we left the room early, they made a point of cleaning our room early -- which was great if someone wanted a break from pool in the afternoon to take a quick nap.

World Cafe is wonderful. Went there every day for breakfast and lunch. There is so much food and variety -- couldn't ask for anything more.

We opted not to upgrade to Preferred Club, I really couldn't see the benefit in doing so. We were in building 8 which was great location for us. Our kids would have gone to the bigger pools anyway -- so the private pool was not a temptation. Perhaps the private beach area and access to the Seaside Grill for breakfast and lunch would have been nice, but I had no complaints.

Everyone had a blast -- already talking about the 'next time we come down.'

Thank you!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,564)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

I can't say enough about how friendly and accomodating the entire staff was. From the moment we checked in at the front desk, Julio made us feel welcome, relaxed, and right at home. Jose and the entire concierge staff was incredibly helpful and took care of any issue we had right away and would even follow up to make sure everything was up to our expectations. Our wedding on the beach, though small and intimate, was amazing. We had the romantic dinner on the beach and our waiter, Miguel, was perfect. He took care of everything and was a true joy to meet and get to know. I hope employees like him are recognized for the work they do because it's a work ethic and positive attitude that is lacking here in the states. Make sure you go to the nightly entertainment shows that the staff put on as they are another gem of this resort. I can't thank all of the staff enough for an incredible wedding and honeymoon and I can't wait to return to Dreams Palm Beach very soon.

Daryl from Texas

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

I vacationed in Punta Cana to attend a family wedding. My nephew took all the necessary steps to ensure I would get a room that was wheelchair accessible. He spoke to the Travel Agent who booked the trip and follwed up with the resort (by the way I think Apple could have done more once we were there and the arrangements were not satisfactory). Despite his best efforts, every member of the wedding party had balconys facing the pool area (which allows for ease in moving a wheelchair in and out of the rooms - because the doors are too narrow) I was the only member of the group whose balcony offered no access to a walkway so I spent the 7 days struggling to move my rollator through the door and then using it. In addition I was in the next to the last room in the building which meant I had to travel thorugh the entire building before I could even access a walkway. We complained on day 1 and were informed by the Apple rep that they don't guarantee thes type of rooms, but I can tell you other members of my family had accomodations that would have been perfect for me. You may ask why someone didn't trade with me. The answer is simple. There were so many problems with their rooms (drains backing up, lose of power, air conditoning that was sub par, refrigerator and hair dryers that didn't work) we figured we better quit while we were ahead. I realize there is no ADA Act outside the US, but for an Apple owned resort to treat me this way is a disgrace.

Room Tip: Don't go here if you are not in perfect health
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Laura W
, Manager at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Dear Laura,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for having chosen us to spend this vacation and for sharing your experiences with others on this site.

We regret that Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana did not meet your expectations regarding room accommodations; however we would also like to address your observations and hope that you know it was never our intention to disappoint you in any way.

As we know the inventory of handicapped rooms is very short, therefore we give special attention to this kind of requests due to their importance. Your request was for a handicap room, but also 2 beds and facing the pool; we only have 2 rooms that can meet these specifications, both of them were occupied upon your arrival, therefore we offered you the best option available: handicap room with a king bed and an extra bed, facing the pool and a room change the following day to a room with 2 beds also facing the pool like you wanted. You declined both the offered room and the room change and chose to stay in a regular room with 2 beds, not handicapped adapted.

We would have been very happy to have been able to take care of you during your stay with us, but neither the Apple Representative nor our front desk staff received the chance to do so.

Should you have further observations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly,

Jose Abreu
Fax: (809) 468-2151
concierge.drepb@dreamsresorts.com
pittsburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

47 of us traveled to Dreams Palm Beach for our youngest daughter's wedding and had a wonderful time. We stayed from 6/22/12/- 6/29/12. The resort was very nice with alot of activities. The sand on the beach was soft and white but did have some seagrass which was raked daily. It did not bother us at all. I know there were other comments about the sea grass but we did not see it as a problem. The water was calm and clear on most days and very warm. There were alot of activies going on all the time and the entertainment staff worked very hard to make sure we all had a good time. The beach party in the evening on Sunday night was a blast. You do not need reservations for the restaurants but sometimes need to wait awhile, expecially at the seaside grill for dinner. We had a preferred room as an upgrade since we had so many rooms booked but I would not pay the extra for that. There were a few amenties such as free internet, your own pool, which we did not use, and you were able to eat breakfast and lunch at the Seaside grill. I would not pay the extra 200.00 per person for the upgrade. The food at the World Cafe was great and we ate breakfast and lunch there almost everyday. We also had the rehearsal dinner there and it was excellent. One tip I would give you is to bring alot ( like a few hundred) one dollar bills because everyone tips a dollar here and there during the day for drinks and most give a dollar at the buffet for each meal. The tips are supposed to be included but the staff works really hard to earm some extra money. My only complaint about the resort was the showers in the room. We had the preferred room and it was not different from the other rooms and the shower leaked all over the bathroom floor everytime you took a shower. the shower door is only a half door and there is no tub. We used the towles to soak up the water after our showers but got new towels during the turn down service at night. They were very generous with towesl. The grounds were very beautiful and well kept and the resort was laid out nicely. The wedding was beautiful but very hot and we were all very anxious to get in the air conditioning in the reception as soon as the ceremony was over. I would not bring elderly family members to this resort because the heat at this time of year was almost unbearable unless you were in the water. We got the platinum buffet for the wedding reception and it was fantastic. Our guest are still talking about it. This was a really pretty resort for a wedding. The beach pictures are all very nice too. I would not hesitate to recommend this resort for a wedding and or vacation.

Room Tip: Building 6 is the closest to the main pool with swimup bar.
9 Thank ladydirn
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

I traveled a lot. Asia, Europe, USA... You name it! This place is the best vacation I ever had. The beaches, pools, service... Top of the line! But above all, the staff is the friendliest ever. The staff is always there to make sure you have everything you want to make your vacation unforgettable!
The kids Club is so great that my son (6) did not want to come back with me at night for dinner!
Thanks to Lucy, Dayana, Patricia and Awilda! Also, Thanks to the restaurant staff, Manuel, Julio and so many others!
From now on, the Dreams Palm Beach in Punta Cana will be my vacation spot! I will be back next year!!!!

P.S: Favorite thing: Beds on the beach!!!! (Preferred Club only)

Room Tip: Preferred Club is the way to go. Try to get a room in Building 4,5 or 6 which is close to the pool a...
2 Thank Caroline J