We stayed for two weeks from 17 -31st May. We chose to stay as 'Preferred Guest' (nicer rooms with jacuzzi bath/ iron and ironing board and use bar/pool area for those guest and other perks) Hotel was kept clean and tidy (plenty of staff to keep this resort clean). Room was spacious and clean. Hotel staff (Tony in Worlds mainly) took care of us and nothing, absolutely nothing was a problem with him or other staff He's even mastered the art of making a proper cup of English Tea!!
We took a fishing trip (Look around for best prices - we saved over $200). We had a great time (OK 1 out of 4 as the others were sea sick) but remember unless your fishing the Caribbean side the seas WILL be rough, 15-20 waves. Also in the small print, the ship/crew get to keep whatever YOU catch. Although we were allowed to keep one of the six fish and took it back to the hotel, where upon signing a disclaimed and a bit of nagging an amazing chef in the sea grill filleted and cooked one of my fish I caught for that evening!
Only grumbles NOT complaints is. Concept of time! We asked how long to get somewhere on a coach we were told 1 hour when in fact it was 2! (Not great with a bad back!) Also hubby and friends were going out and leaving me alone (not a problem) I wanted to know what time they would get back from an excursion, we were told 4:00 - NO 7:30!!! So had a panic on wondering where the group were! But they came back from the buggy trip and did enjoy it. So just keep in mind any excursions may take longer than agreed time, so allow time the other end don't book a different morning and afternoon excursions as your morning may over run.
Food was lovely and the restaurants are lovely. Very entertaining in the Oriental! There were, The Worlds (buffet) and then waiter service from - French, Italian, Mexican, Oriental and Sea/Grill..
This is the first hotel we stayed in with children on resort (normally adult only hotels) but there wasn't one time when I was bothered or annoyed by any of kids/no screaming (I'm sure it went on, but we were privileged to not see/hear any of it)
We used the spa (80 minute massage and manicure) this we did find quite expensive but what we used was very nice.
This is a country which is very much like the USA, so it's a tipping culture. We only tipped for exceptional service (as we thing good service should be as standard!). Beware everything you do outside/inside of the hotel, people want tips!
Other trips I did, snorkeling, and a trip to Catalina island (this is the 2 hour coach ride! to the catamaran)
Not much to do outside the hotel, (but there are themed nights and stuff to do in the hotel) there is a small market up the road, be prepare to be hounded! Just be firm when saying no and they are OK. and NEGOTIATE! Only pay 1/2 or less than their 1st price.
We had a lovely chilled out time and it was lovely. Most people say would you return, No, but this is NO refection on the Country (whom the people are extreamely friendly) or the hotel, which was wonderful. I just want to see so much more of the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro