We have just returned from dreams palm beach where we had a fantastic holiday.
If you have booked and are worried by some of the negative reviews (as we were)
The hotel and grounds are superb,all the staff we met were extremely friendly(special thanks to jose manuel for keeping us in drinks on the beach and dennis who kept our room spotlessly clean). This was our third visit to the DR and was the best to date
The rooms are spacious but storage space is a little sparse.The bathrooms let the room down,there is no bath just a walk in shower, to be honest they are a bit dingy but not enough to spoil your holiday-just a bad design.
The food we had in all the restaraunts was excellent,plenty of choice,no reservations,really good food and great service.the world cafe buffet was really good for breakfast and lunch and always had a good selection in the evening although we mainly used the al a cart restaraunts.
we would definatley recommend cafe coco which is open from 6.30am unil 10.30pm.
The entertainment during the day and at night was typical for this type of resort ie beach and pool games during the day and shows at night but what makes this hotel different is that the staff come across as really genuine friendly people who just want you to have a good time which they manage to do without being overbearing.if you want to join in fine if you just want to relax(as we did) then thats ok too.
The shows in general were also much better quality than we have experienced in a resort before
especialy the circus show.
The pools are the best i have come across,there a two main pools (one split with a childrens pool which is relatively quiet and then there is a pool with a swim up bar and a large jaccuzzi which is where most of the games are played so is a bit rowdier.
there is also another smaller pool which is exclusive to "Preffered" club menbers.
The beach is were we spent much of our time,we had really good waiter service ,the beach itself is soft white sand ,quite spacious and we could always get beds with shade.
the seaweed mentioned in other reviews was not a problem at all when we were there.
workers cleaned the beach early in the morning and then again in the afternoon.
Overall this hotel is excellent and is one i would reccomend to anyone who were travelling as a couple or with family.
We stayed in the standard section of the resort (block 7) and we would stay there again if we return as we didnt see anything in the preffered section that would justify the extra £450 to upgrade but thats just our opinion and it depends on what you want from your holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro