“Great vacation !”

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
Ranked #47 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed for 6 nights, everything was perfect from the rooms to all the people who work at dreams palm beach in DR. The entertainment team was amazing and theres endless activities that can be done throughout the day. The staff as a whole treats as if you were family from the second you step onto the resort. Beauty and johan were two staff members who worked on the entertainment team who made out trip worthwhile, they treated us like they new us their entire lives which made the vacation more special since this was our first time traveling to DR. The overall trip was an unforgettable experience and we cant wait to come back next year.

2  Thank joseph b
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

My boyfriend and I are currently staying at dreams palm beach in punta cana. We are currently on our 5th day and are leaving in 2 days. we truly are having an amazing time. the staff is exceptional- friendly, outgoing and always there to take care of whatever you need to be taken care of. food has been spectacular. no complaints there at all. our room is nice overall. there is always something going on and always something fun to do. we did an excursion and plan on doing one more but there really isn't even a need. there are always activities going on. bar service is wonderful and drinks are great also. we are looking forward to coming back to this resort .

3  Thank Antonia L
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We stayed for seven nights, and hated to leave the resort. Dreams was the perfect vacation spot for my husband and me. The pictuers online do not do it justice.
The entertainment team and the service from the staff definitley made the trip for us. Johnathan was our favorite, but we loved them all! There was always something to do in the morning and at night. The first few days we were very active. We played tennis in the moring with the pro, who is on the Davis Cup team - Johan and another guest. We played bocce ball, darts, water polo, bingo, aqua aerobics, kayaked, and snorkeled. We did not leave the resort or pay extra for anything. The last couple of days we did not move from our beach chairs, which was nice too. We usually participated in the activities with other guests, and we ended up hanging out with them during the day and after dinner. If you wanted to be a part of the party, you could. If you wanted to relax and be on your own, you can do that too.
The weather was great. The forecast showed rain a majority of the trip, but it did not rain once. It is really close to the airport, which is nice when you have already been traveling for a while.
We would absolutely recommend the resort and would go back again.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the third floor. They do not have elevators, but these rooms are much nicer.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sara W
Reviewed 1 June 2012

My boyfriend and I recently traveled to the DR for a friend's wedding. We didn't exactly know what to expect, as this was our first tropical vacation and first all-inclusive experience. Upon arrival we were greeted by the friendliest staff and handed mimosas (very nice!). We stayed for 6 days and thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. The resort is clean and has a lot to offer as far as food options & activities. The rooms were a bit neglected (mold spots on the walls & cielings, musty smell, and loud A/C) but we did not spend much time in the room outside of sleeping & getting cleaned up. To summarize (1 being inadequate and 5 being superior):

Overall resort: 4/5 (despite the musty smell, the housekeeping cleans the rooms daily, including changing sheets! They stock the fridge with water everyday as well. Pools are clean. Beach is clean. There are plenty of chairs on the beach & around the pool. Landscaping is beautiful. Staff keeps it tidy & clean.

Restaurants: 4/5 There are a lot of restaurant options: French, Japanese, Mexican, Italian, Seafood, American grill, and World Cafe buffet. If you want more options for lunchtime, I recommend getting the premiere upgrade, otherwise you are stuck with the buffet and American Grill everyday for lunch, which can get old. With the premiere upgrade you have the option of eating at the seaside grill. The French restaurant was delicious, Japanese Hibachi grill was also really good (get the fried ice cream!), Mexican was so-so (endless margaritas!), Italian was alright (fet alfredo VERY salty...in fact many of the dishes at the restaurants are very salty, so drink a lot of water!) And the World Cafe has a lot of options for breakfast, lunch & dinner, but it's buffet food so don't expect gourmet. There is also a coffee shop with several pastry options-- I had about 5 chocolate croissants a day :) I'm not a seafood person, so I can't elaborate on the Seaside Grill. I had the potato skin which was good. If you go to the swim up bar, try the pina coladas, oh my.

Activities: 4/5 It seems they keep people busy throughout the day with daily activities & getting beach-goers to participate in the beach activities. If you don't mind water, I highly recommend the kayaking. You can venture out pretty far and the view is amazing. Wind surfing looked fun, but they had only one surfboard and 10 people waiting to try it out. Beach aerobics is a great workout. I was sore for 3 days from dancing and hopping around in the water & sand. The instructors are a lot of fun. Beach volleyball is always a good time and a great way to meet others from the resort. There are plenty of shows in the evening-- a circus show, Latin dancing, a magic show, acrobatics, and much more. These entertainers give their all! There was a beach party with fire dancers on Sunday night which turned into a club atmosphere. Talk about a good time!

Staff: 5/5 I understand there is possibly an incentive for the staff who make a good impression (the resort's survey asks for your favorite employee), but I was amazed by the energy, optimism, and hard work the staff delivered every single day. From bartenders & servers, to maintenance & housekeeping-- every person makes you feel comfortable, will acknowledge you and go above and beyond. Sure there are the few exceptions who weren't so enthused about their jobs, but a majority of the resort staff really made a positive impression on our group (57 people!) We did have our favorites: L.A. greeted groups on the beach with a huge smile and had nothing but positive things to say. He also knows a handful of languages. Gasolina & Beauty were the life of the party and kept our group's energy upbeat the entire week we were there. Teo was so accommodating & gracious. And Juan can make a mean drink :) We will never forget this trip thanks to the staff at Dreams Palm Beach. One observation-- these fine men & women work many hours and I realize it is all-inclusive, but PLEASE REMEMBER TO TIP. Bring cash with you because they do not have an ATM on the resort--only currency exchange.

Additionally, if you plan on having a wedding in the Dominican, I highly recommend having it at the Jellyfish restaurant a few miles away. The view is unbelievable and you have much more privacy than you would at the resort. The resort of perfect for everything else...

I also highly recommend venturing out into the city. The concierge will help you find areas to visit. Get a cab driver and experience the local food, people, and culture.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank FrenchCarnie
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I am just leaving the dreams resort after being here for 11 days with my girlfriend. On arrival i was greeted by the reception who were so helpful and friendly. I had come from London and my girlfriend who is American flew in from California 5 hours later than me.
I thought this might be a problem getting into my room and checking in as my girlfriend was the one who had booked the holiday. The staff were so helpful and really made me feel welcome on arrival. They said no problem checking in early and gave me my key and all the info i needed in about the resort. This is my first time on an all inclusive and i could not have asked for more. The rooms are very clean and beautiful and the maids come twice a day to clean your room and re stock your mini bar.
As i settled in i decided to go and see what the resort had to offer. I was pleasently suprised to get such friendly service from all the staff as soon as you step out of your room. I must say the entertainment staff are amazing and really do go that extra mile to make your holiday the best you can possibly have.
Beauty is one of the entertainers in the resort who is so friendly and so much fun. He is always there and always makes you smile and would do anything for you if needed. I think the staff in general really make you feel welcome and are always on hand to do anything you need.
The night entertainment is great with lots to offer for all ages. I would 100% recommend this resort to anybody thinking of coming to the Dominican republic. I could not fault this hotel of the staff. I will definatly be coming back here next year. What a great place to come.

3  Thank simon f