Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$ 374
US$ 332
Bookit.com
US$ 415
US$ 294
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$ 570
US$ 484
US$ 190
US$ 155
Be Live Collection Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$ 182
US$ 174
Hotels.com
Barcelo Bavaro Palace(Bavaro)
US$ 387
US$ 336
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$ 384
US$ 288
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 338/night.

US$ 488
US$ 213
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 397/night.

The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$ 252
US$ 225
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
US$ 831
US$ 588
14,812 results
All reviewsroyal servicethe reservemolegabi beachjensy rijojuan cruzthe grillsanto polancodinner reservationsyhi spaswim up barmain lobbykids zonedominican republictime sharepersonal butlerdestination wedding
Reviewed 29 January 2010

I just returned from the Paradisus Punta Cana and have very little negative to say about the hotel. I did read many of the negative reviews and was a little bit wary, but I also knew some people who were there in person and they like this hotel a lot.

Check-in process went smoothly and my group (3 other rooms) were all located close to our room as requested. We stayed in the main area of the hotel and didn't venture over to the Reserve or Royal Service parts so I can't comment on how they were different or better.
When we checked in I realized that my bed was broken (one of the legs was broken and the corner was sagging to the floor). It was late when we checked in (midnight) but they still had maintenance staff there within 30 minutes to fix the bed (they had to replace the bed frame with a new one). Funny enough one of the other rooms in our group had the same problem the following day and had to get their bed fixed as well. I guess this is a common occurrence.
The rooms were spacious and the AC worked fine. We requested a king bed, but we were placed in a room with 2 doubles. We were close to the other rooms in our group so we decided not to request a change. Our building was close to the beach which we were happy about as that is where we spent most of our time.
The beach is spectacular. Fine, white sand that stays cool in the sun. The hotel didn't seem too crowded when we were there and we didn't have a hard time finding a palapa with beach chairs or a beach bed.
The grounds are also very well manicured and beautiful. The main pool area is huge and we had no problem finding spots around the pool to relax. There are carts that run around the resort on a regular basis and you can hop on and off when you need to move around the resort.
Restaurants and Bars:
The food at this resort ranged from adequate to very good. Since we were there when the hotel was not at capacity we did not have to make reservations at any of the restaurants. We just walked up and requested a table.
Breakfast - at the Hybiscus restaurant each morning. Eggs and omellettes were good and there was a good selection of fruit, breads and other standard hot breakfast foods (pancakes, french toast, bacon, etc). A good way to start the day.
Lunch - at the same restaurant that doubles as the Seafood Grille at night. Good selection of grilled meats and fish. I had some really good fish at the lunch buffet on a few days. Not a large selection of fresh vegetables though (lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers only). They had a pasta bar for custom pasta, but I didn't try it as pasta was too heavy for lunch. Desserts were just OK, nothing special.
Italian - We ate at the Italian place for lunch a few days and it was good, we didn't have dinner there. The pizza has a good textured crust, but the toppings and sauce are just OK. The pasta was consistently cooked a little too al dente for my taste and the sauces were a bit sweet, but it was still edible.
Brazilian Steakhouse - One of our favourite meals. We liked to call this place the "parade of meat". Standard salad bar to start and then 6 different kinds of meat brought to your table one at a time. It was all delicious and very nicely cooked (the turkey with bacon was my favourite). Sides of potatoes and veggies as well.
Chinese - Our least favourite meal. All of the dishes seemed to be in the same bland sauce. Not very good Chinese food.
Japanese - We sat at a teppanyaki table and it was a fun meal that was tasty and well done.
Seafood Grille - simply adequate seafood. Salad bar again to start and then choice of 3 types of seafood. beware that the lobsters are caribbean lobsters and small and hard to get the meat out of. They are not the same as northern lobsters.
Steakhouse - Good salad bar to begin. Steak and other meat main courses. Some steaks were a bit tough and others were very well done (I cant remember which ones were good).
Latin Bistro - Our favourite meal by far. Beautiful upscale restaurant with excellent appetizers and main courses. Feels like a fine dining restaurant with a lovely ambience and excellent service. All of the appetizers were good and we didn't have any food that we didn't like. Make sure you go here if you can.
Bars - bartenders were very attentive and friendly. They served premium brands of alcohol here (you have to ask them for it though). I was drinking Bombay or Tanqueray gin because I asked for when I saw it in the bar. It is all included so don't be afraid to ask for what you want if you see it.
None of my group got sick at all which I think is a very good sign. Usually I know of at least one person that has some form of stomach upset.

We all had a lovely stay and I would reccomend it to anyone. I am not sure how it would change at full capacity, but we had a great time.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank TO_traveller41
Reviewed 29 January 2010

Great Hotel; Beautiful Views; Excellent Accommodations, truly all inclusive (gratuity included)! Look at my pics or message me with any questions. Would definately recomemd ONLY staying at this Resort, others looked not-do-hot!

Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Taylorje1982
Reviewed 26 January 2010

As a midwest farm couple with no outside US experience we were apprehensive, especially after the earthquake. We were assured everything was okay in Punta Cana and it was. Definitely prebook your ride from airport to resort. It made it easy and they are looking for you with your name on a list. Do not go to the sales pitch unless you have a genuine interest in buying into a vacation club. I wouldn't give out the personal info they ask for anyway.
Even though its all inclusive, we brought 50 one dollar bills for tips. Even though the service was great with or without, a dollar still goes a long way in DR. We got a standard room with a tub because they are bigger than a room without a tub.( extra $10/night). Rooms are clean, comfortable, and cool. We never touched our AC and it worked perfectly.
We experienced NO bugs, mosquitoes, insects, ect. of any kind which was amazing since you are practically in a rainforest environment. The beaches, water, the pool, and climate are perfect! There were no rocks, sand burrs, ect. on the beach sand and you could walk forever.
The food was okay. The beef was surprisingly excellent. The pork so-so. The dairy products(icecream, cheese, milk) were also excellent. We are not seafood eaters so hard to judge. It certainly wasn"t awful since we are very picky eaters and were able to eat almost everything we tried. There are so many resturants we didn't even get to try them all. There's enough variety that if you starve its your own fault.
Most of the guests spoke foriegn languages but knew enough English to have conversations with. Most of the wokers spoke decent English, but brushing up on a little Spanish goes a long ways also. They were all polite and would do anything for you. And everyone understood the word no. Politely say no thank you to any solicitor and they were no problem.
We took one day trip to Catalina Island. It was too long for us. I would suggest staying at the resort and enjoying all the activities there.(too many to describe) There is a nightly show after supper plus dancing.
I don't know if this is the "best" place out there, but it would certainly be on the top end. We were looking for a quiet, romantic stay in the Carribean and thats what we got. If relaxing on the beach or pool, long sandy beach walks, and plenty of opportunity for activity or relaxation is what you want, this place works.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FarmerDaveIowa
Reviewed 26 January 2010

Separate air conditioned restaurant for breakfast and lunch with exceptional service and quality food for those who purchase this service. Separate beach area with clean pool and pool bar, cabanas, separate beach and attentive beverage service is included. You have access to a phone extension that will bring a cart to your room and transport you, assist with questions.
Resort room was renovated and in good condition. Restaurants were good relative to all inclusive standards---one's opinion may come down to what your preference is for cuisine.
Beach and other pools were very nice. The Reserve is quite a bit a way and has a contemporary decor and a good restaurant Vento.
Generally staff spoke some English--some better than others. A number of Europeans were guests perhaps outnumbering most Americans.
Service was never an issue with the Royal Service option.
No one would know of the quake on the other side of the island even while after shocks occurred and not noticeable here. You did see a few containers for Haiti donations.
Did not go off site to shop or tour, however from the beach it was evident many people were taking catamaran tours.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank UpstateTourist
Reviewed 25 January 2010

The resort was beautiful; beach was wonderful and nicely laid out; lots to do, kids and teenagers would love it. The bars were great and the service was very good. Rooms are nice; not a 5 star but fine, the big balcony was nice, too.

Food for breakfast and lunch was wonderful; pleny of options and wonderful salads. Dinner was so/so. It was great at some (Romantica and Dolce) terrible at others (Venti and the seafood restaurant,the one by the beach). And I became violently ill after eating at the Japanese restaurant, although no one else in our party did (a risk of these resorts, I suppose). Entertainment was fun.

They tried very hard and the service was wonderful. Forget the concierge, though. They act as if they are there for you during your stay (like we think of concierge's in the states). However, they hound you like a cheap furniture store salesman telling you they want to take you on a "tour"; the only tour is a trip to see their boss to hook you into a time-share presentation. Just say no.

All in all, beautiful grounds and property; and good service. Just be wary of some of the food.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple