“Romantico anything but Romantic or accomodating”

Paradisus Punta Cana Resort
Ranked #26 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The approach to this restaurant was very romantic, Flamingos welcome you in their pond as you enter the rustic looking abode. What happened next was absurd. The resort was well aware or our wedding party, we had a 42 person wedding the previous day. While this particular evening only 24 of us remained. A reservation was made in the morning for 14, as the restaurant said that was the max for a reservation. Despite being advised by the resort staff the only restaurant that required a reservation was Sakura ( the Resort's Japanese restaurant that is closed Sunday and Monday, Sushi must break their bank on the weekend). I respect that though, they said we can only reserve 14 but everyone can come and if you come early something could be figured out.
We arrived on time and nobody was in the restaurant except for the table of 14 we reserved and the 10 other people in our wedding group that the resort refused to give a reservation for.
At this point it's very simple- the table for 14 is here and 10 other people who are together are also here. There were four two-tops that if combined would have fulfilled the 10 seats required.
These tables were all empty and next to the series of 5 two-top tables that made up the original 14 person reservation. When they refused to make the 10-top for us, I thought ok maybe they have other reservations. However, the 10 people were all sat immediately .....just not together. The sad thing for me, is I hadn't seen many of these friends and years. No matter what sentiment or logic we presented them, they would just stubbornly disagree. Sure, I was seated. Sure, I ate. However, I just kept peering at these tables that we're empty and should have been combined. Peering at friends that should have been joined in a wonderful conversation, but instead were peering at empy tables wondering who could take lead and appy logic. Fortunately, I had good company at the table I ended up sitting, that doesn't take away from my desire to sit with my best friends who would be leaving the next morning and going to bed after the late dinner. Most everyone arrived at 7 and left at 1030.
I also had my 5 year old son with me. The waiter took our order first, which was nice and aware. It seemed that they might know that the guy and wife with the 5 year old might need to leave early. My son's Mac n Cheese came out. He ate and then passed out in his chair after his long day. Which was a blessing in disguise. My wife waited patiently for our food, but then got confused when everyone in the restaurant got their entrees before us. I'm patient, but what just happened? It a theme in this resort: Bad Communication. Employees at this place never seem on the same page, even though I see them at all the restaurants. The need a better way of sharing information. The mangement is soley responsible. They had easy solutions, but never executed any of them. I haven't even mentioned that the bride, groom, and mother of the groom never being advised that paella takes 45 minutes. They too were waiting forever. At least they ate before me. Which I'm happy about. The meal ended after decent food and a terrible memory. It may be the last I see some of these friends for years. So instead of the restaurant accomodating the wedding party who chose them instead of other resorts in the DR and the world, they seemed to care less. The lack of good management was was really stood out as the problem. Nobody of stature for the restaurant came out to explain their side of the story or give a reasonable explaination or moe apology. Instead, the staff who works hard and who I seemingly see all day are thrown into the fire. The staff is obviously underpaid, for what resort goers overpay for. Somebody is sitting pretty in their villa caring less about customer satisfacation and more about their profits. I guess that the 21st century, so I'm not really surprised. I just have never seen such little 'heart' and logic put into a dining experience. I just hate seeing employees not prepared to handle complaints like this, doing so. I hope this serves as a message for better managers or manager training. If that happens, problems as easily solved as this go away!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hoefdaddy
PARADISUSPuntaCana1, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for let us know about your stay at Paradisus Punta Cana, direct feedback from our customers is the most valuable advice we can receive. It allows us to recognize our areas of weakness and make appropriate adjustments to our services and process.
With great concern I read in your comments the references of the inconveniences presented during your stay. Please know that we work day after day to make sure our customer have the service they well deserve.
I assure you that your comments have been forward to the departments involved in order to find and apply ways for improvement.
If there is anything that you feel I may assist you with and you wish to discuss it privately, please do not hesitate and contact me at calidad2.paradisus.punta.cana@melia.com

Sincerely yours,

Francisco Castillo

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Paradisus Punta Cana Resort

Reviewed 28 May 2012

I want to start by saying that I was married at the Paradisus Punta Cana resort and I can't describe how beautifully everything was done. My wedding in one word was PERFECT! I had the best wedding coordinator THANK you a million times to Ms. Elizabeth you went above and beyond! Elizabeth, you over exceeded my expectations. I was and am very impressed with your quality to detail and expertise. Second and most importantly I would like to thank my photographer the BEST photographer EVER!!!! Mr. Joaquin Rodriguez from ARRECIFE STUDIO W E G in one word SPECTACULAR! He knew the perfect places, the perfect lighting and was all about the small details that make things perfect! I had the BEST and most amazing photos. He made me look and feel like a princess and my husband looked like my prince charming. Mr. Rodriguez I could never thank you enough! You captured everything perfectly; I especially loved all of the beautiful shots of my 3 years old son with us before and after the wedding thank you a million times. So all and all my wedding was PERFECT (even the food) it was everything I dreamed and more! The hotel itself the grounds were impeccable, some staff were more accommodating then others. The food was so so nothing to rant and rave about. The service (laundry) SUCKED! The food service director was incredibly RUDE and couldn't help with anything. Also they advertise 11 restaurant’s but FYI only some are open certain nights and the only two good ones were the GABI (AWESOME STAFF) and the VENTO (amazing staff) Housing keeping was the BEST! If you are planning to go to this resort spend the extra money and book at the reserve part of the resort they were very accommodating and had a lot of attention to detail. When I'm rating service I'm giving excellent only for Wedding Coordinator and Photographer because they were AMAZING!

Room Tip: Choose The Reserve section of the Resort for a little more money you get a whole lot more.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Stephen B

Dear Stephen,

First of all our congratulations on this consolidation of your love story.
I would like to thank you for choosing our Paradisus Punta Cana for such important moment of your life. Please know that it is a great pleasure for me and my staff to know your experience during your stay with us as this help us to improve and to be better every day.
We are grateful to receive the compliments you give to our grounds, and our staff. I appreciate that you took the time to write and let us know your coments.
I look forward to hosting you again at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

Jorge vilorio, Roberto espinal, Danny Romero were the best bar tendor that we have seen in a long time!!! Very nice and respectful!! Would come back just to see them!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Jwillard5

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to express your perception regarding your recent stay at our Paradisus Punta Cana. I want to assure you that it is a great pleasure for us to hear your direct feedback from our customers, is the most valuable advice we can receive, it gives us the approval and the energy to keep going all the way long and becomes a reward to us since our main purpose is to fulfill and most of all exceed our guests needs and wishes.
On behalf of the Paradisus Punta Cana team I want to thank you for your compliment to our Staff.
On the other hand, it sadness me to learn that we were not able to fulfilled your expectation. Please know that each one of our staff member work day after day to give each one of our guest the best service possible as you well deserve it
Once more thank you for your constructive criticism and I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in Paradisus Punta Cana.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 25 May 2012

My husband and I traveled to the PPC April 18-26 for our wedding and honeymoon and it could not have been more perfect! First off, we traveled with 54 other guests, and everyone who is on here complaining must be extremely hard to please. We all had a amazing, relaxing time and we blown away by the beauty of the resort, the quality of service and how accommodating everyone was.

We stayed at the Royal Service and check in took awhile but was easy. We had a ocean front room with a jacuzzi looking over the gazebo. If you are getting married, building 30 is perfect for you wedding day. Our room looked exactly like the pictures online and was cleaned every day. The AC could have been a little colder, but other than that, it was perfect.

The food was okay. We ate at the buffet for breakfast every day, Qi, Gabi Club for our rehearsal dinner, Luna, Rodizo, Vita and Fuego. Our favorite was Fuego, which is an extra charge followed by Vita. My husband is 100% Italian and was impressed by the food at Vita. We also had dinner on the beach, which had excellent food but be weary of sand fleas. A month later I still have remnants of the 10s of bites we had.

The beach was amazing! There are plenty of chairs and beds, and you never had to get up early to reserve your spot. The beds are amazingly comfortable and I think my husband fell asleep on one every day. The Royal Service and main pool were both great. The Royal service pool being a little cold. Drink came freely and everyone remembered us from our wedding, getting 2 drinks at a time.

The wedding: perfect cannot even describe how incredible the wedding was! Looking at pictures, it doesn't even look real. Miguelina and Jennifer are absolutely amazing and will go above and beyond and of your expectations. We chose the Aqua package and had 54 guests. They say "no problem" and they actually mean it and things get done. We had our wedding at sunset on the beach followed by the reception at the pool. The setup was beautiful, elegant and the incorporated their decorations with what I brought perfectly. We chose the grill buffet and the food was excellent and the cake... OMG best cake I ever had in my life! The DJ was fun and kept the party going all night. Even the girls at the spa made me and my bridesmaids look our absolute best. They matched the flowers to our colors perfectly and designed a bouquet that looked exactly like the picture I sent to them. I never heard of a wedding going off without a hitch, and ours did. It was a perfect day put together by a great staff, and I would recommend anyone to get married at the PPC.

We had a great experience at PPC and we definitely be going back for an anniversary!

Room Tip: If you upgrade to the Royal Service building 30 was great!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cdc150
PARADISUSPuntaCana1, General Manager at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear guest,

First of all, our congratulations on this consolidation of your love story, we hope that love continues forever and increase every day.
It is great to received the memorable remarks of your stay with us in Paradisus Punta Cana, something that has a great value to us for fulfilling our guest wishes, exceeding their expectations and complete comfort is our main goal. It is a pleasure to learn that your experience has been of your complete satisfaction, which is our main goal. I appreciate your compliments on our restaurants, Romance Department and other accommodations; I assure you that your comment has been forwarded to the corresponding departments in order to let our personnel know that their hard work and efforts to providing the best quality service has met its purpose.
Once again thank you for extending your experience to us. We await you soon at your “home away from home” in the Caribbean Paradisus Punta Cana.

Best regards,

Managing Director

Reviewed 24 May 2012

I was at paradisus for a wedding it was my first trip to the Dominican Republic. I want to acknowledge three exemplary employees. They are Julio A. Garcia (who sometimes work the bar in the Casino, Anthony and Phillipe all of whom worked the Ciel Bart. They were friendly, fun, accomodating but more importantly they made the time there so much fun. They gave great advice on restaurants, etc. Also, it was very apparent that they were hard workers and enjoyed their jobs. I found all of the staff friendly and helpful, but these these three individuals deserve special recognition. My girlfriend and I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: The junior suite was perfect for two people traveling that are not spouses
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marie K

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for letting us know that you have a good experience during your vacations at our Resort. You have to know that here in Paradisus Punta Cana we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guest’s expectations.
I appreciate that you took the time to write and let us know your comments on the hotel services, specially our Restaurant’s Staff, we appreciate your compliments to our Staff, you may rest assured that your comments have been forwarded to our people, as it is due to their effort and dedication that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests and make their holidays unforgettable.
I look forward to hosting you again at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
0.0 km away
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
4.0 km away
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Paradisus Punta Cana Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK