8 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$ 350
Hotels.comUS$ 350
eDreamsUS$ 350
PricelineUS$ 350
Destinia.comUS$ 351
TripadvisorUS$ 350
1,697 results
All reviews hideaway pool hideaway section diamond club dorado restaurant hideaway guests hideaway reception hideaway staff tutti frutti el dorado martini bar hunter steakhouse fitness team aqua fit butler service boot camp hunters steak house beach concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 May 2021

My spouse & I have been going to Punta Cana since 1997 and we have stayed in many all-inclusive resorts. Our most recent trip was spent at the Royalton Hideaway for 28 days. We had a terrific time. The resort is small enough that you can walk the entire resort, no trams or golf carts required. The resort is advertised as a five-star luxury resort, Apple Vacations six Golden Apples – their highest rating. The facility itself is very nice although it seemed a bit worn, needing some updating. However, there is nothing that is awful, just not worthy of the highest rating. The food was consistently good, with the exception of the Mexican restaurant. The best food and service was at the Dorado restaurant. The room & bed was comfortable.
The reason that we had a terrific time is because of the kindness, generosity and professionalism of the Hideaway staff. There are many that I wish to acknowledge, so here is my tribute to these fine folks. I hope I do not leave out those who provided excellent service to us during our stay.
The staff at Hideaway’s registration, particularly Yessica
The Maid service, especially Maria
Bartenders – Antonio, Yason, Grazie & Juan
Our Beach friends – Leolina & Angel
The great staff at the Dorado restaurant – Denisa; Christina, Palacio, Ricardo, Edwin, Wilfredo, and my friend Oscar Fontal
There are many others who made our stay memorable: Victor, Sofia, & others that I do not remember their names.
It’s the people that makes this resort a Luxury, first class resort. Thanks.

Date of stay: May 2021
Royalton Team, Otros at Hideaway At Royalton Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2021

Dear richardmI7626UH.

We are honored for you having chosen our resort at Punta Cana and we are delighted to read that you spent a most wonderful holiday and we would like to thank you for sharing on TripAdvisor such a kind feedback about your stay.

We strive to deliver a deluxe vacation to all of our guests and we appreciate very much your lovely feedback about our facilities, services and entertainment options. Comments like yours are our best reward.

We love when our staff goes all of their way in order to please every single need of our guests; we pride ourselves for this accomplishment. We are going to share your comments with the whole staff, especially the ones you mentioned, we are sure it will make them so happy.

We love to read when our guests leave the hotel with good expectations so they can recommend it and visit it once more. Thanks a lot for this!

Reviewed 27 May 2021 via mobile

Ozuna, Juan and Greise are the best bartenders in the entire resort!! Amazing service & endless smiles! They all made the trip worth it! Would recommend to anyone to come here to the Hideaway at Royalton!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Royalton Team, Otro at Hideaway At Royalton Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2021

Dear 427natashag,

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in our Hotel and assure you that you will enjoy superior services and facilities on your next visit.

Warm regards from paradise,

Reviewed 24 May 2021

Normally, I never repeat a resort - this might be the exception to the rule. Juan was a phenomenal bartender and Yeraldin was excellent as well. We tried one other pool/pool bar and immediately cam e back to the hideway bar, because the service was so great. Hector at the Grazie restaurant was great when the food was soooo spicy that it wasn't even edible (and I like very spicy food). I also very much enjoyed the Hideaway section at the beach and they were very thorough to ensure that there be no children allowed. The only service included for Hideaway customers only that I didn't enjoy was the Dorado restaurant. We tried it for breakfast once and dinner twice. We were less than impressed, all other restaurants were great! Loved the martini bar. Maia and Jacquelin at the spa were AMAZING. My friend and I both agreed that they were the best massages that we had ever received. I loved that the room had a ceiling fan. It is something that is so simple, but so important (I'm not sure why more resorts don't have them). Our mini-fridge wasn't working, but was immediately fixed when we brought it to their attention. My only complaints were on the dorado restaurant and 2 minor things with room service (I could tell that the shower hadn't been cleaned very well when we arrived and definitely not while we were there - and that they knocked on our door one night to complete a survey on the spot). I also feel that there is a more effective way to schedule covid testing, but do appreciate that it was offered on site.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Royalton Team, Otro at Hideaway At Royalton Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2021

Dear 224hmk,

Receive a warm regard from paradise!

We appreciate that we have been able to meet your expectations and that our location and facilities, accommodation, rooms and services that we offer in our hotel have been to your liking. It is a great pleasure to read how much you have enjoyed our resort.

Cordially,

Reviewed 24 May 2021

Hideaway Royalton exceeded my expectation. Incredibly clean, friendly employees, incredible beach. There was one thing that drove me crazy and management needs to provide training to their employees, especially buffet. I was the only person at the grill, gave my order and person (man) start loading food on my plate. Suddenly another customer came, (man) and server ask him what he wanted, accidently he wanted the same food that server had on the plate for me. So he just gave him my plate and then started to load new plate for me. I was it total shock and speechless. Ok. Next day I am at the desert counter and now there is the lady server. First I was the only one, then man came after. She walks past me and ask him what he wants and serve him first. This time I told her that man doesn't come before woman and that she is risking to loos her job. She start laughing, I realized she doesn't understand English at all. Maybe it's cultural thing that man need to be served first, I don't know. Management needs to provide serious training.

Dear egervits,

We are sorry about the impressions that you may receive about the service from our staff and management; our objective is to provide an exceptional service to our visitors and continuously ensure a quality holiday among our guests. We took a note about your point.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have had during your stay at the hotel. We have taken all your comments and have sent them to the general department for a solution as soon as possible to your next visit.

Cordially,

Reviewed 24 May 2021

fire alarm going off periodically through out the night was problem. we thought we had access to whole resort and was declined service at one of the bars. Then we had a staff member that wouldn't leave my sister alone.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear ashleyrules24,

It is a tremendous regret that your recent stay at our property fell far short of meeting and exceeding your expectations. We sincerely apologize for the complications about the fire alarm throughout your stay .Your comments are very important to us and it is through them that we have the opportunity to improve the quality of our service and to keep developing our products and services.

Whilst an apology will not change the outcome of your experience it is our sincerest hope that you will grant us the opportunity of serving you to an experience which will surpass your last.