Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels & Resorts
US$ 257
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 302/night.

Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$ 247
US$ 527
Bookit.com
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$ 427
US$ 293
US$ 240
US$ 242
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 322/night.

TRS Turquesa Hotel(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$ 326
US$ 306
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$ 275
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$ 423
US$ 200
5,169 results
All reviewsblue marlinlove barcasa bellajuanillo beachocean barmonarch villataco truckwok restaurantcastle poolcastle suiteroyalty villababy facemain poolroom serviceblack angelpunta espadaour honeymoon
Reviewed 12 December 2017

It's all about the Staff...We went for a friends Birthday party and this was our second time at this resort. We had over 100 people and I didn't hear one single complaint. One person said, "I've stayed at a better hotel, but the staff here is awesome so I'm coming back here, next time". We will be making this a 3-peat for the party. Next year we are doing it again! Great job Sanctuary....Now, let me give a thank you to some people.
Paola - didn't have to interact with you personally but I know that you got any problem that anyone was having fixed.
La Capa Yasmin - the breakfast and dinner were awesome. Your staff Valentina, Brilis and Yaris showed us their usual excellence.
Cesarin - The bell boy staff was awesome. Thanks to you, Javier and Francisco for the service and the laughs.
The staff in Carpaccio, thanks. We had a Vegan friend and they went out of the way to make his meal for him. Greatly appreciated!
To the most beautiful and helpful concierges....Nicole, Jasmin, and Carmen....your work was always excellent and appreciated.
Special thanks to the Pool Bar, Carlos, you kept us laughing and drinking. Welcome aboard Rubi we loved you....Kevin Hart, keep doing what you do.
New York, thanks for the love in the gym and the pool.

Facilities, love the rainfall shower and digital controls in my room in the castle....Can I have that in my room next year? Pretty please!

If I missed anyone, you are certainly in my heart. We will see you all again next December.

Room Tip: Castle is awesome
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank Kennyon S
Kawana P, General Manager at Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Dear Kennyon S,
Taiguey!!

First and foremost allow me to thank you very much for choosing Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels & Resorts as host to your holidays.

It is an honor to read such kind review that highlights important aspect of our Resort and we are happy!! to know that by being very attentive towards your needs providing you and excellent service we achieved making your stay as perfect and memorable as it could have possibly been.

Please know that the staff members you have mentioned will surely receive the kind words you expressed about how the excellent service they provided to you did exceed your expectations, allow me to let you know that they will be recognized for making your stay a truly Sanctuary experience.

I hope to welcome you once again in another paradisiacal getaway,

Reviewed 12 December 2017

The resort is immaculate. The staff is super friendly, the facility is very clean and the beach is amazing. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 circle (5 star) rating is because the food service could use some improvement. The food is extremely tasty but the availability needs to be enhanced. You do have the option of using room service, but the food choices through room service are limited and room service was pretty slow.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Lorne P

Dear Lorne P,
Taiguey!!

Thank you very much for choosing Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels & Resorts as host to your previous holidays.

I feel pleased to know how much you enjoyed our Resort and room facilities, as well as how we manage to exceed your expectations by providing you an outstanding service and by being very attentive and accomplish your every needs.

In the meantime, we value your detailed suggestions as our guest’s feedback is truly important for us and have noted your comments about food with the concerned department in order to ensure we maintain our usual high standards.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future in another Sanctuary experience.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 December 2017

If your are looking for a place to cut loose and party until 3 am, this is not the place for your. If you want a quiet, relaxing, comfortable resort with excellent food and outstanding service then this is your place. The grounds were beautifully manicured and extremely well kept. Every bathroom I walked into was spotless and I did not once pass a staff member without being greeted with a smile. We stayed in one of the Junior Suites. It was very large and comfortable. The food was excellent with a good variety. We were celebrating our 25th anniversary and were greeted in our room on arrival with a "Happy Anniversary" banner on the door, a bottle of champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries in the room. It made our celebration extra special. We were so impressed with this resort that we booked another trip for next year before we left....

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank prowicki

Dear prowicki,
Taiguey!!

Thank you very much for choosing our Resort as host to your holidays.

On behalf of the staff at our Resort it is my pleasure to let you know how satisfied we are when receiving this kind words about how much you enjoyed your holidays and how we exceed your expectations by providing you the service you expect and deserve during your stay.

Thanks for the compliments to the hotel grounds and facilities, we are glad to see that you really enjoyed staying with us.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future and create a memorable Sanctuary experience.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Sanctuary Cap Cana is a beautiful resort. From the day we arrived to the SAD day we left everything and everyone was great. We have traveled quite a bit ( Italy, Bahamas, Mexico, South America etc.) and this definitely ranks at the very top ! The grounds and buildings are beautifully decorated and maintained. The staff is very friendly ( not fake ) knowledgeable and professional . I had read on another review that the staff went above and beyond and they would not say no to a reasonable request. This was completely true. The staff especially Liliana (Love Bar) Rubi & Emily ( Entertainment Group ) were amazing and made our stay very special. I feel really bad that we did not get the names of other staff members that were also great but there were many. The server for our romantic dinner on 12/5/17 went above and beyond to make our dinner a memorable experience. Realistically , nothing in life is perfect but they really try to come as close as possible at this resort. God willing we will be returning.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views !
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank frank1872017

Dear frank1872017,
Taiguey!!

Thank you very much for highlighting every aspect of our Resort and for sharing your experience.

It is an honor to know how much our hard work and effort manage to make your holidays memorable and unique. Please know that our goal is to provide you at all times an outstanding service, being very attentive towards your needs and achieve in accomplish them.

Know that the staff members you have mentioned will surely receive the kind words you expressed about how the excellent service they provided to you did exceed your expectations, allow me to let you know that they will be recognized for making your stay a truly Sanctuary experience.

I hope to welcome you once again in another getaway and create many more unique and special memories.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

My wife and I visited the Sanctuary from Dec 2 -7 for her 40th birthday and were blown away by the beauty of the resort the moment we arrived. We were greeted with a cold drink and check-in at the castle was very fast.

Once we were taken to our room, a Honeymoon Suite w/ private pool, we knew we were going to have a great week. The room was very good size and the outdoor patio and pool provided a private and relaxing place to take in the amazing views. We stayed in room 3041 and I would highly recommend this room or any in the same category.

This was our first trip to the DR and an all-inclusive, but we’ve traveled all over the US and have a good feel for quality and service. Here’s our take:

Resort- Absolutely stunning . The number of individual buildings make it feel like it’s own little town and it’s anything but a cookie cutter layout. A+

Room- Very clean and comfortable. Cleaned daily, mini bar restocked daily, turndown nightly. No issues with A/C or hotwater.

Food- To our surprise, the food overall was great. Breakfast is a buffet, similar to what you’d expect at most hotels. For lunch, there’s a buffet on the beach with roasted chicken and hotdogs, along with made to order hamburgers, chicken breast and vegetables. The Blue Marlin is also open for lunch if you’re interested in a sit down option and there’s also an indoor buffet available at another location For dinner, everything was great. The steakhouse was our favorite, but all were very good.

Staff- Very friendly, helpful and hardworking. After 2 days, many knew our names and made us feel even more welcome.

Room Service- We only used it once for breakfast. It took about 25 minutes and all of the food was delivered hot and with a nice presentation. The two gentlemen who do the room service are a lot of fun.

Like anything, it’s not perfect, but awful close. I do have some constructive criticism to point out:

Service around the pool and beach can be hit or miss. Very friendly, but certainly not reliable enough to keep your drink full at all times.

It would seem much more logical to have Sanctuary Town open at noon and perhaps close by dinner time. It’s an awesome set-up, but seems grossly underutilized because most people are going to choose a steak or sea house over a burger joint. With that said, the pizza and taco truck were excellent.

We would absolutely recommend this resort to others and hope to return ourselves.

TRAVEL TIPS:
-Be sure to check with your cell phone carrier for coverage options in DR. I have ATT and for $10/day I was able to use my data plan just as if I was in still in the US. I had a great cell signal the whole time and never had to worry about messing with Wifi.

-We used Dominican Plus for airport transportation and they were right on time and had very clean vehicles. Can book online.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank skylineview

Dear skylineview,
Taiguey!!

On behalf of the staff and Management of our resort we would like to thank you for choosing our resort as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

It's our most pleasure to learn that your stay was a wonderful one while you were impressed with our service and facilities. We appreciate your gracious comments as it shows our consistency in maintain our Resorts brand standards. Your feedback has been shared to the team as a motivation to keep up our work.

We sincerely hope we can have the honor of being your hopes in not too distant future.

Kind Regards,