5,185 results
All reviewsblue marlinlove barcasa bellajuanillo beachocean barmonarch villataco truckwok restaurantcastle poolcastle suiteroyalty villamain poolroom servicebaby facepunta espadaour honeymoonocean view
Reviewed 12 December 2017

The resort is immaculate. The staff is super friendly, the facility is very clean and the beach is amazing. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 circle (5 star) rating is because the food service could use some improvement. The food is extremely tasty but the availability needs to be enhanced. You do have the option of using room service, but the food choices through room service are limited and room service was pretty slow.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Lorne P
Kawana P, General Manager at Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Dear Lorne P,
Taiguey!!

Thank you very much for choosing Sanctuary Cap Cana by Playa Hotels & Resorts as host to your previous holidays.

I feel pleased to know how much you enjoyed our Resort and room facilities, as well as how we manage to exceed your expectations by providing you an outstanding service and by being very attentive and accomplish your every needs.

In the meantime, we value your detailed suggestions as our guest’s feedback is truly important for us and have noted your comments about food with the concerned department in order to ensure we maintain our usual high standards.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future in another Sanctuary experience.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 December 2017

If your are looking for a place to cut loose and party until 3 am, this is not the place for your. If you want a quiet, relaxing, comfortable resort with excellent food and outstanding service then this is your place. The grounds were beautifully manicured and extremely well kept. Every bathroom I walked into was spotless and I did not once pass a staff member without being greeted with a smile. We stayed in one of the Junior Suites. It was very large and comfortable. The food was excellent with a good variety. We were celebrating our 25th anniversary and were greeted in our room on arrival with a "Happy Anniversary" banner on the door, a bottle of champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries in the room. It made our celebration extra special. We were so impressed with this resort that we booked another trip for next year before we left....

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank prowicki

Dear prowicki,
Taiguey!!

Thank you very much for choosing our Resort as host to your holidays.

On behalf of the staff at our Resort it is my pleasure to let you know how satisfied we are when receiving this kind words about how much you enjoyed your holidays and how we exceed your expectations by providing you the service you expect and deserve during your stay.

Thanks for the compliments to the hotel grounds and facilities, we are glad to see that you really enjoyed staying with us.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future and create a memorable Sanctuary experience.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Sanctuary Cap Cana is a beautiful resort. From the day we arrived to the SAD day we left everything and everyone was great. We have traveled quite a bit ( Italy, Bahamas, Mexico, South America etc.) and this definitely ranks at the very top ! The grounds and buildings are beautifully decorated and maintained. The staff is very friendly ( not fake ) knowledgeable and professional . I had read on another review that the staff went above and beyond and they would not say no to a reasonable request. This was completely true. The staff especially Liliana (Love Bar) Rubi & Emily ( Entertainment Group ) were amazing and made our stay very special. I feel really bad that we did not get the names of other staff members that were also great but there were many. The server for our romantic dinner on 12/5/17 went above and beyond to make our dinner a memorable experience. Realistically , nothing in life is perfect but they really try to come as close as possible at this resort. God willing we will be returning.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views !
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank frank1872017

Dear frank1872017,
Taiguey!!

Thank you very much for highlighting every aspect of our Resort and for sharing your experience.

It is an honor to know how much our hard work and effort manage to make your holidays memorable and unique. Please know that our goal is to provide you at all times an outstanding service, being very attentive towards your needs and achieve in accomplish them.

Know that the staff members you have mentioned will surely receive the kind words you expressed about how the excellent service they provided to you did exceed your expectations, allow me to let you know that they will be recognized for making your stay a truly Sanctuary experience.

I hope to welcome you once again in another getaway and create many more unique and special memories.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

My wife and I visited the Sanctuary from Dec 2 -7 for her 40th birthday and were blown away by the beauty of the resort the moment we arrived. We were greeted with a cold drink and check-in at the castle was very fast.

Once we were taken to our room, a Honeymoon Suite w/ private pool, we knew we were going to have a great week. The room was very good size and the outdoor patio and pool provided a private and relaxing place to take in the amazing views. We stayed in room 3041 and I would highly recommend this room or any in the same category.

This was our first trip to the DR and an all-inclusive, but we’ve traveled all over the US and have a good feel for quality and service. Here’s our take:

Resort- Absolutely stunning . The number of individual buildings make it feel like it’s own little town and it’s anything but a cookie cutter layout. A+

Room- Very clean and comfortable. Cleaned daily, mini bar restocked daily, turndown nightly. No issues with A/C or hotwater.

Food- To our surprise, the food overall was great. Breakfast is a buffet, similar to what you’d expect at most hotels. For lunch, there’s a buffet on the beach with roasted chicken and hotdogs, along with made to order hamburgers, chicken breast and vegetables. The Blue Marlin is also open for lunch if you’re interested in a sit down option and there’s also an indoor buffet available at another location For dinner, everything was great. The steakhouse was our favorite, but all were very good.

Staff- Very friendly, helpful and hardworking. After 2 days, many knew our names and made us feel even more welcome.

Room Service- We only used it once for breakfast. It took about 25 minutes and all of the food was delivered hot and with a nice presentation. The two gentlemen who do the room service are a lot of fun.

Like anything, it’s not perfect, but awful close. I do have some constructive criticism to point out:

Service around the pool and beach can be hit or miss. Very friendly, but certainly not reliable enough to keep your drink full at all times.

It would seem much more logical to have Sanctuary Town open at noon and perhaps close by dinner time. It’s an awesome set-up, but seems grossly underutilized because most people are going to choose a steak or sea house over a burger joint. With that said, the pizza and taco truck were excellent.

We would absolutely recommend this resort to others and hope to return ourselves.

TRAVEL TIPS:
-Be sure to check with your cell phone carrier for coverage options in DR. I have ATT and for $10/day I was able to use my data plan just as if I was in still in the US. I had a great cell signal the whole time and never had to worry about messing with Wifi.

-We used Dominican Plus for airport transportation and they were right on time and had very clean vehicles. Can book online.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank skylineview

Dear skylineview,
Taiguey!!

On behalf of the staff and Management of our resort we would like to thank you for choosing our resort as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

It's our most pleasure to learn that your stay was a wonderful one while you were impressed with our service and facilities. We appreciate your gracious comments as it shows our consistency in maintain our Resorts brand standards. Your feedback has been shared to the team as a motivation to keep up our work.

We sincerely hope we can have the honor of being your hopes in not too distant future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed five days in the castle and SCC is certainly much larger than I prefer a resort to be but it didn’t take away from it. The walking served as exercise. Whenever necessary we would hop on the little golf carts if we saw one. The grounds are beautiful! It’s obvious there is some work to be completed or maybe the size of the hotel requires a lot of maintenance, which we saw but it didn’t take away from the lux feeling of it. The look is rustic and minimalist.

Our room was spacious and comfortable, the bed and the pillows were perfect. We had a large balcony which looked out to the swim-out pool rooms and Juanillo beach. Amazing view every morning! I didn’t like the fact that there were no sheer curtains, just the blackout so if I wanted privacy I had to close the curtains and have the darkness and no sunlight. I think having both options (sheer and blackout) is ideal.
The bathroom was spacious with a tub, shower and small enclosure with a toilet and a bidet. The water pressure was amazing!!! Perfect for relaxing after a day of doing nothing by the pool and/or beach.

The food was delicious and there are many options, we tried the steakhouse and Italian restaurants as well as the buffet on Friday night because they had Dominican night with native dishes. The sanctuary Town was pretty cool but we didn’t have a chance to taste the restaurants on that side.
Breakfast was delicious but pretty much the same every day but then again that’s anywhere. I enjoyed all the natural juices, the egg station and the oatmeal.

The shows were entertaining; we got to see the Brazilian night, the circus which was the best in my opinion. There was also a Dominican show which was pretty good too and karaoke night which was fun but went south because some guy wanted to sing devil-worshipper music! He cleared out the entire area… but we were told that going forward the content of the songs will be reviewed which is great news. There was a lobster night which we did not participate in due to shellfish allergies but we heard that was fun and we were also at the Foam party which was tons of fun! Foam in the main pool, music and drinks, everyone playing with beach balls and singing was a perfect way to end the afternoon.

The pools were great and the main pool has a bar. The beach was full of seaweed on one of the days but we saw men trying to clean it out and it was evident the hotel was on top of it.

And saving the best for last I wanted to mention the staff at this hotel. I consider myself a seasoned traveler and know that no hotel is perfect and you get good and hopefully very little bad but the staff and how people make you feel, goes a long way.
First off our check-in was quick and the gentleman who did it got us on our way as fast as possible. JT our butler was AMAZING!! He was helpful and always friendly and insistent on doing anything we needed even if it was something minimal. One day we drove out to a nearby town to see the basilica and he insisted we take his number in case of any issues. We didn’t foresee any issues but he went as far as saying he would get to us if necessary or get someone to us because he had family in that town. We were extremely comforted by that and felt if that if that is not going above and beyond, I don’t know what is.

The girls at the breakfast and restaurants, Jazmin, Brillis, Yari, Karen and Jhoanna were excellent and beyond friendly and polite each and every day. No request was too small, they treated us as if we were part of their family and they all made it clear that they were there to help us enjoy ourselves. They wanted us to be comfortable and enjoy our stay and it was so much more than the usual morning greeting and “coffee or tea?”… We chit chatted with them and were happy to go because we knew it would be enjoyable. But they truly looked happy and not just like workers who are there for the money, they were truly a pleasure to meet.

On two nights we met Leonardo and Israel who were extremely helpful and polite as well and Kevin Hart Menor was a riot!! He had us laughing hysterically at the shows and foam party and just whenever we stopped to chit chat with him. I also want to mention Melissa who works in the café in sanctuary town.

All these individuals went above the call of duty daily and it stood out for us. I hope if management reads this they know what a difference it made to me to see that they are enjoying what they do and how valuable of an asset that is. Hotels are a dime a dozen especially in Punta Cana but I would certainly return to Sanctuary because of how I was treated on top of the hotel itself.

If I could criticize something in the hotel it would be the wifi, nowadays that should not be an added cost and $45 for 5 days I think is a bit extravagant. I paid it since I needed access to home but I was reluctant to. Also on Friday when it was evident more people arrived, the quality of the wifi certainly suffered. And lastly, the spa…. I live in NYC where overpricing is part of life, but I have never seen such prices. While I consider being on vacation relaxing enough, I would (and have) gone to a spa in a hotel ‘just because’ but this hotel was ridiculously priced. The hotel should either increase the time (after all no one wants a 20 minute massage) or lower prices.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lamururira

Dear Lamururira,
Taiguey!!

Thank you very much for choosing our Resort as host to your holidays.

Please be confident that we’ve shared your kind comments with our team as motivation to keep up with our commitment to offer truly remarkable experiences in our guests. We thank you on behalf of our team and Management.

Thank you very much for highlighting our Resort facilities and room as well as the varierty of food and beverages we carefully choose for you to delight. In the meantime, we have noted your comments about the Spa and internet with the concerned department in order to ensure we maintain our usual high standards.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future and create many more memorable Sanctuary experiences.