“Perfect Honeymoon” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
st. louis
“Perfect Honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

My husband and I were recently married in the DR. We did not get married at the Sanctuary but we switched to the resort from the Majestic Elegance after the wedding for the honeymoon. When we booked the trip the Sanctuary was a Secrets property but i wasn't very concerned about the change at the time, I was more concerned with the other resort since we had 24 of our friends and family staying there. After a perfect wedding we arived at the Sanctuary Cap Cana and it was so beautiful. It could not have been more perfect. After a few days of constant activity with friends and family it was just what we needed. We stayed in the suite with the private plunge pool. The room was beautiful. The food and drinks were excellent. The staff was very friendly. The beach and pool were very peaceful and beautiful. The resort was for the most part very quiet when we were there. There were a couple bars on the property that served great drinks and had a better selection of alcohol than what I'm used to outside of the US. I'm not sure if there is nightlife. We were not looking for it on this trip, but I think there was a bar next door at a marina. I think! This was my third trip to the DR and I the fourth resort that I have stayed at and I have loved every single trip. The DR is a very beautiful island with amazing beaches. I would recommend this resort to anyone but even if you don't choose this resort, you must visit the DR.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dana h
SalamanderHotelsPR, Manager at Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Thank you for sharing with us your kind email on your recent experience at Sanctuary Cap Cana. It is a great pleasure to learn that we have exceeded your expectations during your visit.

We appreciate that you have taken the time to compliment us on our services, the grounds and our overall facilities.

We are delighted to read that your Sanctuary Honeymoon stay was so nice and memorable.
We hope to have you back at our resort on your fourth visit to the Dominican Republic.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,183)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Lansing, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

Welcome Home!". It's the first words you'll hear from the courteous staff as you arrive at the beautifully landscaped resort area at Sanctuary, Cap Cana. And "Home" it is! We were treated like family during the entire stay. Everyone on the resort staff greets you with a smile and "Hola!" One and all seemed genuinely pleased to assist in any way to make our vacation pleasant. They were delightful to interact with. We took pictures with them and shared goodbye hugs the day we left.

Music is part of the daily life style of the Dominican Republic and can be frequently heard during the day and evening hours. The music is upbeat and just makes you feel good. It was a common sight to see the staff break out into a Merengue routine while displaying that infectious, friendly smile. It’s almost impossible to stand still while they are dancing and having so much fun, especially when they invite you to join them.

The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. Clean, well manicured and well designed. A walk around the area provided a breathtaking adventure. (Bring your camera).

The restaurants ranged from very good to excellent. We were treated exceptionally well at each of the four restaurants we visited. Expect to gain a little weight as they offer dishes for all tastes. In the morning a breakfast buffet is served a short distance from the large pool. To say it was good doesn’t do it justice. The choices and quality of the different foods offered were exceptional. In the afternoon a grill was set up near the large pool and hamburgers and grouper sandwiches were offered. If you wanted something different from the restaurant menu you need only tell the one of the staff and they would promptly bring it to you, again, with that ever present smile.

The large pool has a walk up/swim up bar staffed by the friendliest bartenders I’ve ever experienced. They all remember your name and greet you enthusiastically each day. Any type of drink you can think of is available. (Try the refreshing Miami Vice).

Concierge service provided by Jarlin was exceptional. Room service was fast, courteous and accompanied by that always present smile.

Our stay at Sanctuary was indeed a pleasant experience. We have visited other vacation spots in the past but I can say that we have found a place that we do consider “Home”. We are already planning our next visit to Sanctuary.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank John P
Hola, thank you for such a detailed and inspiring review. Your feedback is very important to help us continue improving and providing our guests with exemplary service. It has been our pleasure to have you stay at Sanctuary Cap Cana and a complete honor to read that you have had such a wonderful time with us.

Thank you for complementing our staff's effort to contribute to a memorable vacation. Jarlin is delighted to see that she has been part of your wonderful experience.

We hope to welcome you home again soon!
Dyer, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

We went on a week vacation with three other couples, one of the couples was celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary. I have to admitt that my husband & I have traveled many places & this resort,Sanctuary, is one of the BEST! We were treated like we were royalty, the staff was excellent, the front desk, the pool staff, the waiters, the maids, even the ground keepers, everyone of them was pleasant and very friendly! The Monarch Villas where we stayed were wonderful, we each had our own Villa and we were next to each other. The restaurants were very good, with lots of variety of foods to choose from, everything I chose was delicious! I must say that the Spa was one of the best, greatest massage I have ever had! The weather was perfect everyday, we relaxed at the one of many pools, this was the first resort that I have been to that allowed rafts in the pools, they even provide them! We will have many wonderful memories from this beautiful resort, and we will return with our friends and family again.
Sharon T.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sharon T
SalamanderHotelsPR, Manager at Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Thank you for posting your review on your recent stay at Sanctuary Cap Cana and for having chosen our property to celebrate with us your 25th anniversary.

We appreciate enormously that you have felt that we have been one of the “Best Resorts” where you have been.

We want to express our most sincere gratitude for having included such an important highlight of your stay...Our Staff. I will personally make sure that we share this comment with our staff along with all of the other good comments that have been posted regarding our staff and the great service that they deliver to our guests. At Sanctuary Cap Cana, we all strive not only meet but exceed our guests expectations.

We are pleased to see that the Monarch Villa was you all stayed at were so wonderful to you all. Thank you for including your nice remarks on the Food, the Spa and most of all the weather.

We look forward to having you back and to continue creating many more wonderful memories to your family and friends.
Burlington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

From the moment I arrived at the Sanctuary @ Cap Cana with a "Welcome Home" greeting until the moment I departed (sadly) for PUJ, I was overwhelmed with not only the spectular beauty of the resort, but the staff at the Sanctuary. The resort sits on a spectular cove in the Punta Cana area of the DR and is surrounded by the most incredible shades of blue/turqiouse you could ever imagine. The resort takes advantage of this natural setting with the Blue Marlin (restaurant), Fortress (lodging and Ocean Club restaurant), pool and the incredible Villas located on the beach!

My review certainly has to include the staff at the Sanctuary, who went above and beyond my expectations. I was fortunate enough to deal with several of the directors at the resort in helping to coordinate our visit and their efforts in facilitating our group were outstanding. To name a few...Andrea (our main contact) who has a beautiful and infectitous personality did a superb job for us, Uro (director of food service via Athens, GA and a boilermaker) was very personable and accomodating for our menu selections (anything is possible!), Ethel who was our unbelievable chef for all dinners (and a cooking class that was well received) is a beautiful person both inside and out and well-loved by our guests and David (associate director of food services) who has a great personality and a very hard worker was always around to offer his services.

As you can tell, I fell in love with this place and can't wait to return in the near future! The resort is newly owned by the Salamander Group and please don't change a thing!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mgwilly
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your detailed review regarding your recent stay at Sanctuary Cap Cana.

We are all very happy to learn by your comments that this has been such a wonderful stay and that we have been able to exceed your expectations.

Thank you for describing our property in such a unique and special way. The details that you have put together describe us perfectly, especially when it comes to our staff. Andrea, Uro, Ethel and David are delighted to read your comments. We are all very proud of our team and comments like these encourage us to continue our efforts to strive for more.

We look forward to serving you again soon!
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

Beautiful Paradise... We stayed at Sanctuary Cap Cana with our friend Mark, despite the change ofcompany, have a spectacular service, always with a beautiful smile on your face everyemployed, asking that I can serve, some days were beautiful and very funny.!!!!!!

The Blue Marlin Restaurant in ocean full of water with the waves and the smell of the sea, I love the place and food...................I always remember when I was lost looking for a bathroom, my beautiful Marlenis concierge took me into the bathroom and then walked me to find my husband and my friend, was a night super happy, always remember you, I loved your eyes and your smile so sweet, I hope find when I return at Christmas, thanks for being so nice and friendly,everyone is very attentive.

This place is great, keep working and maintaining the service they have.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kimberly C
Thank you for sharing your review regarding your recent stay with Mark at Sanctuary Cap Cana.
We appreciate that you have recognized our efforts to provide quality service and that we have been able not only to meet but to exceed your expectations.

We are happy to learn that the enchantment of the Blue Marlin restaurant and its surroundings has highlighted your comments. We are glad that your culinary experience was so good and that you have enjoyed it so much.

Marlenis is delighted to have read your comment and to have found out that she has accomplished her service goals.

We look forward to seeing you again in Christmas and that we are able to contribute to another unforgettable stay at Sanctuary Cap Cana.