My husband and I were recently married in the DR. We did not get married at the Sanctuary but we switched to the resort from the Majestic Elegance after the wedding for the honeymoon. When we booked the trip the Sanctuary was a Secrets property but i wasn't very concerned about the change at the time, I was more concerned with the other resort since we had 24 of our friends and family staying there. After a perfect wedding we arived at the Sanctuary Cap Cana and it was so beautiful. It could not have been more perfect. After a few days of constant activity with friends and family it was just what we needed. We stayed in the suite with the private plunge pool. The room was beautiful. The food and drinks were excellent. The staff was very friendly. The beach and pool were very peaceful and beautiful. The resort was for the most part very quiet when we were there. There were a couple bars on the property that served great drinks and had a better selection of alcohol than what I'm used to outside of the US. I'm not sure if there is nightlife. We were not looking for it on this trip, but I think there was a bar next door at a marina. I think! This was my third trip to the DR and I the fourth resort that I have stayed at and I have loved every single trip. The DR is a very beautiful island with amazing beaches. I would recommend this resort to anyone but even if you don't choose this resort, you must visit the DR.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its inspired design combines the charm of a Spanish colonial village with the laid-back sensuality of the Caribbean and the stylish sophistication of streamlined, modern design accents. Bougainvillea-lined pathways lead guests through the resort grounds to 176 expansive, private suites housed in replicas of a tower, colonial buildings and fortress. Within the resort are 5 exceptional restaurants, 5 bars, an elegant casino, a half-mile private beach with sugar-white sand, and meeting space for up to 500 guests, while just minutes away lie all the world-class recreational appeals of Cap Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Sanctuary Cap Cana by AlSol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sanctuary Cap Cana Resort