120 people are viewing this hotel
Official Site
$638
$638
Free cancellation until 16/02/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
Algotels
$519
Expedia.com$944
Priceline$638
Hotels.com$944
8,756 results
All reviews preferred club bluewater grill private pool room preferred room preferred restaurant butler angel burger bar entertainment team preferred pool bar adult pool french restaurant lazy river water park main pool e team family vacation dinner reservations
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 November 2022 via mobile

My husband and I had the pleasure of going to dreams onyx November 18-25, and let me tell you we were beyond pleased with our experience! We arrived late Friday afternoon, were whisked away in a golf cart to preferred club, and received a warm welcome from the staff. We woke up Saturday morning, and were in total awe of the beautiful grounds, staff, food and drinks. First impressions go extremely far- and I will say my first impression is how clean and sparkling the facilities were- even the public washrooms were constantly cleaned.

We had the pleasure of spending the week with our Butler Francisco, he was SO kind, attentive and offered amazing recommendations. He offered to take us and our friends to the Breathless for dinner and picked us up in a golf cart. Francisco kept us in the loop with daily entertainment, and would pop by the pool or beach to check in if we needed anything.
I asked Francisco to help me with a little birthday celebration for my hubby- he had everything planned and set up- we moved rooms due to upgrading- he moved everything for us and kept us enjoying our vacation. I had booked an appointment at the spa and cancelled due to plans changing- I felt awful as I hate to cancel anything- Francisco was so understanding and truly made our requests or plans his top priority. He had 25 other rooms he was servicing, he truly made us feel welcome, even helped in assisting our friends when they arrived.

The preferred pool is where we spent most of our time- the pool was cleaned every morning by staff, the pool bar and service was AMAZING! Each day warm welcomes, drinks on point and hilarious staff- Jensey was one of our fav bar tenders- he was SO kind and always stopped by to see if we wanted another drink, needless to say both hands were full of drinks lol there was a female bartender who was also AMAZING!!!! I’m so sad I forgot her name!

Water slides/lazy river- we had so much fun!! The slides are pretty fast! Lazy river was great to have a few good laughs!

Food and restaurants- quality was great- service was amazing! We did the hibachi which was fun- not much of a show but maybe just an off night. Nothing negative to say!

The night entertainment- our fav show was the rock show, male and female singer were both great, the male singer gave the entire audience goose bumps! This guy needs shout outs he’s definitely gonna go far, gets the crowd pumpin! Other than the rock show and the Madonna show- entertainment was lacking a little bit, however preferred club guests can go to Breathless right beside for night entertainment.

Rooms- the linen, pillows and towels were the best quality we’ve experienced at any resort (been to 6) the maid does a great job at cleaning the room! Bar and snacks are stocked daily- m&ms, milky way chocolate and pringles. Coke and sprite in the fridge- this was amazing!!

Secret treasures- a little hut about a 15 minute walk down the beach to the left of the resort (if you’re staring at the ocean) man these girls were great! Hubby and I both got a 60 min massage and only $35 each- I would highly recommend! There’s even a little bar you can have a drink if they’re busy. Everyone at the resort was heading here- can’t beat the prices as the resort spa was quite outrageously priced.

Overall- the dreams onyx reflects high quality and great leadership, you can tell they have a great management team by how each staff responds and treats their guests, so friendly and happy to assist- the service was consistently great across the entire resort! KUDOS to the staff and leadership team!

This vacation will be difficult to top due to the staff, service, cleanliness and grounds!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2022 via mobile

I definitely recommend dreams onyx! So many activities for the kids, delicious food and restaurants. I lived being pool side and few steps away from the beach so you can have either a beach day or pool day or do it all in one day. Water park for kids above 9. Lazy river was nice. Excellent bars and service. I definitely recommend preferred club. They have greatest concierge service especially Mr. Robles. I would suggest you ask for him. The best! They make sure you are well taken care with everything. We had a minor accident when we were there and our concierge was right on top of it. Not to mention their Excellent house keeping. Rooms are cleaned everyday with fresh towels and stocked mini bars. You won't be disappointed. It's our second time and we will Definitely be returning again.

Reviewed 28 November 2022 via mobile

There are so many wonderful things to say about this all inclusive resort.

I’d highly recommend booking preferred. The adults only preferred pool was an oasis! All staff there were amazing. But special shout outs to Javier, Alejandro, and Albert. With preferred you also get a butler. Francisco, our butler, took such good care of us to ensure our vacation was perfect! Dinner reservations, checking in with us daily if not more, always available and answered requests so quickly. You’d be very lucky to get him as your butler!

All of the employees throughout the resort are so attentive, friendly and go above and beyond.

The rooms are very spacious. The beds, very Comfortable.

For food, the fruit was yummy and there are so many choices. The cappuccinos and the chocolate croissants at the coffee shop were so yummy! The Japanese steakhouse hibachi is good food and sooo entertaining.

Delicious drinks! Try a purple rain, Wow, or a dirty banana!

Reviewed 28 November 2022 via mobile

Our butler, Juanito provided awesome service! Great job of eliminating stress and helping to plan and give great recommendations. It was very much worth booking a preferred club room so that we had Juanito's attentive assistance for activities and dining details.

Edwin at the beach did a great job with service and always checking in on what we wanted. "Right now." And then it arrived.

Antonio at the preferred club family pool was a great bartender, and he was always willing to make a new unfamiliar drink. The Painkiller was probably my best drink of the trip.

Reviewed 27 November 2022

The resort was fabulous. The food options were plentiful and very good from the buffet to the restaurants. I would highly recommend preferred with butler service, definitely worth the extra cost. Francisco was an excellent Butler and Alejandro was the best at the bar.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple