“Delicious Food and Great Ambience”

La casita restaurant
Ranked #7 of 59 Restaurants in La Romana
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 30
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 February 2018

We had dinner at La Casita this past week while we stayed at Casa de Campo. It is part of the all inclusive, and we enjoyed every dish there.

We started with the Pina Coladas and then moved on to the Mojitos as we enjoyed the view of the marina and the boats.

My husband and I each had the Casita Salad of lettuce, dates, feta cheese and apples. It was a good salad with a variety of ingredients.

I then had the sherry shrimp with white rice entree. It sounds simple, but it was really good with plentiful shrimp and I really enjoyed the sauce. My husband had the Mixed grill of shrimp, lobster and calamari. He thoroughly enjoyed it. We topped off the meal with a simple bowl of vanilla ice cream.

Our service was good and even though we were a table of two surrounded by larger parties, we still felt they served our every request. If in the area again, I would go back to La Casita.

1  Thank JenniferLynn

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I specifically went to have the snapper and after parking our golf cart and catching another ride arrived. Setting is magnificent and seating great and told NO SNAPPER. Kind of bummed but will call ahead. The grouper was still very good. Creme Brûlée ok

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Gorgeous setting. Amazing menu and the service was top notch. We ate on our first night of our trip. The kids loved it!

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Mediocre food and unprofessional service. They brought me a check which included $38 for a "sirloin" which we did not order or receive. They removed that item. After signing the Visa receipt I realized I had Babyback ribs listed at $25 and they charged for Lamb chops at $29. They agreed but it was too much trouble to worry about the $4.

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

When we first arrived at La Casita, we loved the ambiance and the energy that filled the restaurant. It is truly a beautiful restaurant sitting on the marina with good service.

Now if you are going to actually eat food, don’t. Our entire family of 9 got violently ill and 6 out of the 9 still have not recovered since (we were here thanksgiving night). We all ordered the Red Snapper with tomato and capers. The meal was absolutely horrible. We are almost 100% certain it was not snapper that was served. It was a tough, dried out, plastic-like white fish on our plates. For such a high end restaurant in an amazing resort like Casa de Campo, it’s a shame that you have to be paranoid that you may or may not get sick from the food and that the food isn’t up to par with the rest of the resort.

It was absolutely one of the worst meals of my life. Beware!

1  Thank Alexandra R