“Pure Bliss and Relaxation!”
other travellers have booked this property
Pool Main Entry with covered parking
Heated jacuzzi
Pool Gazebo seating area
Dining & Living room gazebo
Outdoor dining gazebo
Main family room view toward kitchen
Living Space
Kitchen
Kitchen
King in Bedroom 1
Queen in Bedroom 2
Queen Bed in Bedroom 3
Two Queens in Bedroom 4
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
eightadam...
Leesburg, Virginia
“Pure Bliss and Relaxation!”
Reviewed 6 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Where do I begin... I could say so much but there aren't enough characters in this review for me to use. So I will make this simple.

Pros:
-you always had open communication with Linda during the beginning stages of booking. The same went for Rita once we were on the property. TIP: we didn't have international service on our cell phones but we communicated through the Whatsapp in connection with the Wi-Fi provided at the villa. You also have the villa landline.

-due to delays on our flights because weather, we missed out connecting flights into La Romana Airport. Because of this we didn't arrive until midnight. The staff was still up, waiting for us with a full meal and so much love and understanding. Rita made sure we were taken care of and so did the staff.

-Flora(cook) impressed all of us with her cooking. Mercedes and Sarah(housekeeping) gave us a nice presentation at our meals w/table arrangements, our beds always being made in the morning as we ate breakfast and Ramon (groundskeeper) always had the pool and outside cleaned and well maintained to start our day. Everyone was super helpful with anything we needed or wanted to know.

-the villa itself was perfect. We had 4 kids under 6 and 5 adults. We all had our own space and when in the main areas, we never felt like we were trying to get around each other. Very spacious. OPEN is the big word here as the doors and windows were 95% of the time open, letting in a nice breeze.

Cons:
-I am human and this world now a days has put distrust in us. I proceeded with caution and thought we could have been scammed. With that being said, my only con was my overthinking. Because Linda never once made us feel that way. She was reassuring (even during the VRBO hack), very informative and always a call or email away. Take it from someone who over analyzes everything, this place is legit. We are already planning our next trip at this very villa for next year (and possibly years to come).

-the day before we had to leave, we all realized our family trip was coming to an end. We wanted to just stay forever and live here. Flora, Mercedes, Sarah, Ramon, Rita and Linda most def made this a hard goodbye. We took a group photo with our drone w/the villa in the background if that's any sign on how hard it was to say goodbye but how we never wanted to forget this week.

...characters are limited so with that I say....GRACIAS POR TODO!!! HASTA LUEGO!!!

19 Sep 2017
Irssy, thank you so much for taking the time to express your experience at Villa Los Lagos 72! We do have a very special team and they go the extra mile for every guest. Rita is the glue that keeps it all together once you arrive! The staff enjoyed having you and your family and we all look forward to helping you plan your next stay! Linda
LisaLozza
Port Jervis, New York
“Relax, relax, relax!”
Reviewed 8 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

First off, I would like to tell you about all the wonderful things this beautiful property has to offer!
Villa; This is one of the most beautiful villas I have ever seen! Every room is beautifully and tastefully decorated. Looks like something out of a catalogue. The open air floor plan is stunning! The outdoor living areas are just as beautiful and the inside. Having breakfast and lunch outside was so relaxing. Everything was just beautiful.

Staff: The staff was wonderful! Edie (the chef) was so talented and even made a 50th birthday cake for the birthday girl! She made us beautiful, fresh creations everyday. Her english is not great, but she gets by. Mercedes (the housekeeper) was also very good, although not quite as friendly as Edie. I would go as far to say she had a bit of an attitude most days, but she did have moments where she actually smiled. The house was kept tidy but to say is was cleaned daily is a stretch. She would make the beds and straighten up, but she didn't clean. There was actually a candy wrapper in one of the bedrooms, on the floor, and it stayed there the entire week! As far as the "butler" goes, I'm assuming that was a gentleman named Ramone but I think he was more of a groundskeeper. He was very nice and did keep the ground immaculate!

Rita is the property manager and she was a pleasure to deal with from months before the trip and the whole time we were there. She really helped to make my friends birthday very special.

There were a couple of things that were a little off putting. First, the air conditioner situation. We understood there was air available in the bedrooms, which was fine. There were two large units in the living room areas but there was no remote. I asked Rita about it and she said that was not included in the price of the rental because electricity is very expensive in the DR. One of our group has terrible asthma issues and he was having trouble breathing. She eventually gave us the remote and we only used it one night, but I think it would be a nice optiion for the renter to be able to use the air in the entire villa, even if we had to pay extra. Just a thought.

The bugs were an issue, but the exterminator did come and that seemed to make it better.
The shower in our bathroom leaked out from under the shower door. And despite that the website said there was shampoo and things of the such available there, there was not so bring your own. The staff was supposed to stay until 4:30 everyday, and although we were not there for 2 day of our stay, they often left by 3:30. Not a big deal, but they do get annoyed if they miss the bus and have to take a taxi home so be prepared to give them overtime and cab fare.

The resort are itself was beautiful. Minitas beach was in walking distance and was just lovely. I do recommend an excursion to Catalina Island and to Saona Island. Both very nice. The worst part about the resort was dealing the the staff at the Villa Owners Club. To say they were rude and unorganized would be an understatement! We were told that they do not like the Villa owners at the hotel because they don't make money off of them, but who knows. They were just a nightmare to deal with!

I think that pretty much covers everything. All in all it was a wonderful trip! The biggest advice I could give would be to use the staff and let them do things for you. If you don't ask, they will not do it. Ask them for drinks by the pool and special treats if you want them. Be prepared to spend money on groceries and check the bill! We were overcharged 131.00 at the Marina market and didn't catch it until later.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
17 Feb 2016
Lisa, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We’re glad you enjoyed the beauty of the Villa and the resort. Rita does an amazing job to keep the Villa updated and fresh which is always appreciated by our guests. I know she went out of her way to help make Brenda’s birthday very special and it was very gracious of Edie to take the time from her very busy schedule to bake a cake! These are things that set Villa Los Lagos 72 apart from many of the other Villas at CDC.
It is so rare that we receive any negative feedback about the Villa staff, their schedule, or cleanliness that we were taken back by some of your comments. Although these aspects of your visit were definitely an anomaly as exemplified by other guest reviews, we have spoken to the staff to make them aware of your comments.
We appreciate you pointing out that we didn’t offer cooling in the main part of the house. It is rare that anyone needs it, especially during the winter months so we haven't offered it in the past. We have kept our rates at a reasonable level and they don’t reflect the very high cost of electricity to cool the main rooms. Taking your comments into consideration, our website now offers extended cooling as an option to cover the high cost of operation.
We all agree that bugs can be a nuisance in the tropics, especially after a light rainfall. I believe the staff was quick to have additional spraying done to make you more comfortable. As far as the resort staff is concerned, we have no control over this and have not been made aware of guest complaints. We do apologize if your experience with them adversely affected your visit and we will forward your observations to management.
We are so pleased that despite a few hiccups, your overall trip was wonderful and Brenda had a special birthday!
Linda
Frebrena
McDonough, Georgia
“Paradise Away from Home”
Reviewed 1 February 2016 for a stay in October 2015

It was my 40th birthday celebration and I wanted to do something big! I'd done countless searches looking for a place/destination that would provide me and my guest with an exceptional experience. I wanted a vacation that was extra ordinary, spectacular and out of the norm for me. And, believe me when I say, what an awesome experience I had while vacationing here. I initially selected this property after viewing the online pictures but, I became confident and secure with my selection after reading the owner's bio and speaking with Linda. Linda was great in every way. She provided me with the assurance I needed to move forward in selecting this Villa. She answered all of my questions, returned my emails promptly and made sure that our negotiations were mutual. Rita, the property manager was also wonderful in making sure our needs were met prior to and during our stay. Eddie, the chef and Mercedes our house keeper just added to the serenity of the experience.

Now about the house.......It's GORGEOUS!!! I could go on and on with synonyms to describe this house. Some places may fool you with trickery pictures but, not this Villa. This Villa looks just like the photos online. The design and layout would simply fit any vacationer need. We were a party of 10 and we had enough space to maneuver around without disrupting each other. Having the various avenues from within the home to access the yard was an additional compliment. Everyone could dress in their room and head to the pool, hot tub, etc. from inside their individual room. The grounds are leveled and well maintained; and the furniture throughout is modern, classy and comfortable.

By selecting this Villa, you will not be disappointed. Vacationing here will make you feel like Royalty!! I have already recommended this Villa to several friends and associates.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The entire house was lovely and suitable for everyone in the party.
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
3 Feb 2016
Frebrena, thank you so much for your kind words which I will pass onto Rita and the staff! I just helped make you feel good with your decision....Rita and the staff made it a wonderful experience for you and your friends!! I'm glad we all had an opportunity to work with you and so glad your experience was everything you had hoped for and more!! We hope you'll come back soon! - Linda
Eric R
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Wonderful Stay at CDC 72 Los Lagos”
Reviewed 21 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

What a joy it was to spend a long week at 72 Los Lagos. I have rented many villas in the past in CDC. There are MANY to choose from and all have their own unique style and personal taste, I'll explain more later.
TRAVEL
If you have the ability to fly direct as we did, this is your best option into La Romana. JetBlue from JFK was our choice and the trip pretty much went with no issues there and back, customs can be a mess on the US side, but thats just to be expected. CDC has its own booths at customs and is very quick. The trip to check-in at CDC took all of 10 minutes. Rita, the house mgr, can set up pre registration that only takes a few minutes to process. Other choice would be to fly into Santo Domingo and travel by van to see the countryside. This would take about an hour and a half. Even if it's a connecting flight, I suggest La Romana.
Pre-trip
Allow a month at least before trip to settle needs for villa. Rita will take care of everything that you could possibly want. She supplies a reccomended menu and a list of dinner options. Carts are available and expect to spend 45 to 60 per day depending on size. Carts are all you will need to get around CDC. We rented a 4 and 6 person and worked out well with 6 adults and 2 kids.
VILLA
The villa is wonderful in design and kept very well. The layout is perfect for children as there are few steps and you can keep an eye on them. AC is availble in the bedrooms (not villa) and the villa is open to let breeze pass through. This is common in all CDC villas. The yard is perfect as you exit to a large area with seating for lounge and dining on one side and pool and lounge on the other.
STAFF
The best I've ever experienced. To say they go above and beyond is an understatement. For them to be professional is one thing, but we actually had fun with them. Edie, Mercedes and Ramon all get an A+. If you rent this villa for this reason alone, you will not be dissapointed.
ACTIVITIES
Golf (all great). Teeth is a must as being a top 35 course in the world. Dye Fore is a great change from Teeth and The Links is available too. If you're a golfer, book golf 1st as there could be tournaments. The beach is a 3 minute drive in the cart and is full service and great for all ages. The marina has all the shops and restaurants you could need. The pools at the hotel are fun too.

There is a lot more I could mention. If this is your thing to rent a villa of this size-do it!

Thank you so much for a wonderful stay. Great weather too.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The staff alone outweighs all other perks. But from booking to departure, a great experience.
Liked least: The staff and location. Usefulness of villa with 2 toddlers.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
OutdoorCo...
Golden, Colorado
“Amazing 3-Family Dive Trip w/Stay @ Beautiful Los Lagos 72 Villa”
Reviewed 30 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

We had 3 families (5 adults and 6 kids ages 8 - 14) in the DR for a week, and had a wonderful time using Los Lagos 72 in Casa De Campo as our base. Edie (cook), Mercedes (housekeeper) and Francisco (groundskeeper) were amazing; they were always there to help us out. Edie's breakfasts and lunches were delicious and very healthy with fresh fruits and vegetables and local Dominican Fare. We dove with John's team at Scuba Fun in Bayahibe, which is a top-notch dive outfit. We are not golfers, and did not stay in CDC for the golf, but using this as a base for our adventures was perfect. The villa is beautiful and only a very short walk to Playa Minitas. Everyone enjoyed the pool and hot tub at the house. The yard is large and gives the feeling that you are very secluded from the other things going on at CDC, but you are close to the beach, the Marina, the main hotel etc. Perfect for a group vacation!

Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing