“Good Bang for Your Buck... Dont believe all these bad reviews :)”

The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Haskell
“Good Bang for Your Buck... Dont believe all these bad reviews :)”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Just got back from 6 days with my aunt at Lifestyles. I was nervous after reading reviews here but The hotel at was very nice and clean and the grounds were beautiful. We booked through CheapCaribbean and it was a great value for the price.
Room: You are not in the room too much so the only thing i really cared about was that it was clean and the AC worked. Housekeeping came everyday and cleaned and changed out our towels.
Grounds: We were only bothered the first day by beach/pool vendors. The pool vendors were only there one day. The grounds as a whole were gorgeous. The beach was a little choppy which i was expecting a lot less waves but it did not take away from the vaca. Water was beautiful.
The VIP welcome party was fun and entertaining. We danced the night away even though it rained towards the end. People said that the VIP beach was crowded and you had to wait forever for a beach bed, but we werent interested in the beds because if we wanted to swim in the ocean i wanted to be able to see our belongings from where we were so we didnt do the whole bed thing but there was plenty of room if we did want to. Pools were all awesome. The relaxing one is exactly that. Its sloped so you can actually lay in the pool on the shallow end :)
Food: The buffets at both lifestyles and confresi were awesome but towards the end it got a little boring. Reservations for restaurant dinners were very late (around 7-8). We ate at El Pilon and we werent too impressed but again it was fine. Drinks are delicious. I read here to bring an insulated cup of your own which you can also buy there and that was a great tip because the cups they give are small and by the time you walk back to your seat the ice is melted.
I would recommend this to someone who doesnt not have a lot of money to spend but wants to have a nice relaxing good time. I would like to be catered to a little more on vaca so next time i might spend a little more money. I would not go back here only because id like to try something different everytime as this was my first time out of the USA. Overall great bang for your buck!!

Room Tip: we stayed in building 1 and it was fine, quiet and comfy. People said to stay in higher buildings b...
4 Thank KBF0428
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,028)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Islip Terrace, NY
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Yoscarly Almont and Juan Luis at Guest Services were both amazing and very helpful. They really showed quality customer service and were our favorite employees. They were always willing to help us when it came to dinner reservations or getting around the resort. I highly recommend this resort to everyone I know The food was great and they had good entertainment there was never a dull moment on this trip. This resort was like a cruise on land. When they say everything is included... EVERYTHING is included!!... This was an amazing trip both of these employees made it special for us. All of the staff was very kind and helpful which made my first experience to the Dominican Republic amazing!! I am already planning to go back it was that good!! Thank you to all the staff at Lifestyles Resort for making our vacation extremely memorable and absolutely enjoyable!! I can't wait to come back and visit!! I really never wanted to leave it was that good!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Meghan S
Jenny H, Public Relations Manager at The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Dear Guest Meghan S:

Thank you for posting a review about your stay at the Lifestyle Tropical Beach resort & spa, and for choosing our hotel for your holidays.

In the name of our team, we want to express how glad we are to know that you had a memorable holiday thanks to the friendliness of our staff members; your nice words about the service certainly will motivate us to keep doing our hard work. The best service is one guiding principle in Lifestyle Tropical Beach resort & Spa , the key of our success and we work hard to remain so.

We thank you for your compliments and for appreciating our the efforts to transform your stay as an unforgettable one.

Kind Regards

Jenny Hernández
E-Commerce Concierge
Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

We went at this resort April 18-April 23. I went with my boyfriend and his family. Everybody is couple up. After reading the reviews it made me scared so much negative reviews. Specially me and my man pick the spot. We book our trip with cheapcarribbean.com we got the best price..
As we arrive at Puerto Plata they pick us up in a bus. Make sure u tip the person that help you. As we arrive in the resort it was beautiful, check in didn't took long. The staff is very friendly the bell boys where super helpful. Carrying our lugge 3 floors up. We stay at building 5 away from the noise.. The rooms is okay. But the balcony was great. In the resort when you tip and friendly you can get anything you want and fast.. Make sure you tip the right people.. In the VIP beach Juan Carlos was great always on point with our drink and food. Or anything we want. And you have to take care who serve you. TIP.. We only got approach once about the time share and that's it but we regret not going to tour because its a beautiful place we didn't see everything wat the resort have to offer. We went out the Resort it's not that dangerous. Puerto Plata is Beautiful. We got tried of the buffet so we went to have really Domincian food. Forgot wat resturant but the food was good that you have to take a nap.. Make sure you TIP. To get faster and best service.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank DiamondSweet
Dear Guest DiamondSweet:

Thank you for staying at Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort & Spa at your recently vacation with your family.

It is of great honor to us to receive a review like this one that you have kindly shared with us. We are delighted to read that your experience was so nice and memorable. We thank you for your compliments and for appreciating the efforts of our staff to transform this stay for you as an unforgettable one.

We would Love to have you back at our resort soon and once again exceed your expectations.

Kind Regards

Jenny Hernández
E-Commerce Concierge
Woodbine, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This is one of the best travel values for your money ! But you need to remember a few things !

1 You are in a 3rd world country
2 If your looking for a 5 star resort & dining This is not the place for you.
3 Most all food in the Dominican Republic is so so at best.
4 They are going to try to sell you a Vacation Club Membership while you are here.

If you can deal with these four things You can have a great vacation for next to nothing. The sunday night welcome party alone is worth the price of the whole trip.

6 Thank rick r
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I just want to start off saying that you cannot believe everything you read. I went to Lifestyle Tropical from 4/19 to 4/22 and had the time of my life. No it's not a 6 Star Resort, however, it is making it's way up. As a Travel Agent, I can truly say that there is no mistake in booking this Resort. I would definitely recommend it to many. You can't go to another Island thinking you are going to get the same service you get at home. But if you go with an open mind and open heart, then you will be good to go.

From what I noticed, whether you had a Gold, Blue or Yellow bracelet, everyone was treated the same.

The Food was great... The Drinks (Especially the Yellow Bird) was delicious and kept me right where I needed to be. The Room was Ok and the Staff never gave me a problem.

I was never forced to go on any tours and was easily given Dinner reservations when asked.

LifeStyle - You guys are great. Keep up the Good Work!

7 Thank vizionme101