Just got back from 6 days with my aunt at Lifestyles. I was nervous after reading reviews here but The hotel at was very nice and clean and the grounds were beautiful. We booked through CheapCaribbean and it was a great value for the price.
Room: You are not in the room too much so the only thing i really cared about was that it was clean and the AC worked. Housekeeping came everyday and cleaned and changed out our towels.
Grounds: We were only bothered the first day by beach/pool vendors. The pool vendors were only there one day. The grounds as a whole were gorgeous. The beach was a little choppy which i was expecting a lot less waves but it did not take away from the vaca. Water was beautiful.
The VIP welcome party was fun and entertaining. We danced the night away even though it rained towards the end. People said that the VIP beach was crowded and you had to wait forever for a beach bed, but we werent interested in the beds because if we wanted to swim in the ocean i wanted to be able to see our belongings from where we were so we didnt do the whole bed thing but there was plenty of room if we did want to. Pools were all awesome. The relaxing one is exactly that. Its sloped so you can actually lay in the pool on the shallow end :)
Food: The buffets at both lifestyles and confresi were awesome but towards the end it got a little boring. Reservations for restaurant dinners were very late (around 7-8). We ate at El Pilon and we werent too impressed but again it was fine. Drinks are delicious. I read here to bring an insulated cup of your own which you can also buy there and that was a great tip because the cups they give are small and by the time you walk back to your seat the ice is melted.
I would recommend this to someone who doesnt not have a lot of money to spend but wants to have a nice relaxing good time. I would like to be catered to a little more on vaca so next time i might spend a little more money. I would not go back here only because id like to try something different everytime as this was my first time out of the USA. Overall great bang for your buck!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach