You get MORE! For the cost this resort it is a great value.
My wife and I travel 1-2 times a year in the Caribbean / Mexico for the last 8 years. We are experienced in caribbean travel and we enjoyed ourselves. Have we been pampered more? absolutley but for the cost we had a tremendous experience. and at no time I did not feel low class. I could have paid more for a fancier resort but chose to find a value for other that were traveling with us.
1. The food is limited in selection, but the quality was as good or better that other higher priced resorts I have experienced. We recieved 2 reservations at check in. Changed one and got another. Bellini was the best. No one in our party was ill.
2. The white shirt guys do not hound you. I said no on day one, pretended I was one my phone on day 2 and they never approached us again. I thought they were polite in doing there JOB.
3. Yes I waited in line for 30 minutes each day to get a VIP bed, but I have done this at almost every resort I have visited. It is a standard system. Try the system in Aruba and you will be very happy with this one!
4. VIP beach and pools were fantastic. The lack of better drinks at other bars was disapointing, but we worked around it. They poured strong. I spent time with many gold sparkeled bracelets and they do not get more that the yellow bracelets. so if you feel like you were looked down upon I think it is within you.
5. Check in was fast and they even changed the room of guests we were traveling with to a different building in a room next door per our request.
6. The rooms are out dated and the bottled water and Presidente was spotty, but the room was cleaned well every day. Showers are odd, but I have had worse designs in brand new hotels. Bring your own soap.
7. The welcome party was OUTRAGEOUS in size, quality and expense. A must! I am a professional musician and rarley impressed by the shows, but this one blew me away.
Just Go and ENJOY!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the sprawling Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, The Tropical offers a classic hotel vacation experience set within quaint, two- and threestory, Mediterranean-style buildings. The mood is laid-back and distinctively Caribbean. Guest enjoy all resort facilities and amenities (excluding the V.I.P areas) including swimming pools, a choice of excellent restaurants, exercise rooms, tennis courts, windsurfing and so much more. The Lifestyle Tropical is Ideal for couples seeking a private island hide-away with all the advantages of a world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Tropical at Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort And Spa
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Lifestyle Tropical Beach Resort Spa
- Hacienda Tropical
- Hotel Lifestyle Tropical Beach