“Singles Weekend”

Puerto Plata Village Resort
Ranked #36 of 40 Hotels in Puerto Plata
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Just great. Me and my wife we spent an unforgettable week in hotel Puerto Plata Village. The animation team is formidable, hot, dynamic and very very friendly. During the weekend we did the filming "SINGLES WEEKEND" organized by animation team of PPV where people participated without difference of language, country or religion. His reputation of family hotel is permanent with activities for everybody, children, adolescents, adults and golden ages. Do not miss the evening show or disco to complete your day. Come and enjoy a real vacation in a real paradise in Playa Dorada, Puerto Plata.

Room Tip: Picture is very representative of the reality. Our room was clean and perfect for a couple.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

My husband and I had the honor of spending two weeks at the Puerto Plata Resort and Spa (March 6 to 20, 2012) with our great friends. What an absolutely fabulous vacation experience. The accomodations & facilities were very clean, the food was great and I cannot say enough positive about the staff at this resort. Incredible people with a zest for life and a passion to please. Always happy, friendly and helpful :) Not only would I stay here again, I would highly recommend this resort to everyone to expericence! A huge thank you to Marcus (the General Manager), Lucy, Angelique and the entire group of professional staff that made our holiday one that we will never forget. We will certainly be back. Until then, thanks again everyone.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Hilda W
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Firstly let me say, "if you are looking for a four or five star, this is not the place for you". I stayed here in Jan 2012 and had a great time. The staff are really helpful. The rooms are decent and the food is ok at best. It is though a great value for the money. There is one pool, one buffet. I didnt see any of the resturants open but i wasnt really looking for them. I got tired of the food after a couple days but i never starved. The entertainment crew was awesome-hats off to Blu n the other guys. I stayed here for 80 Us a night. Other neighboring resorts were 150us or more a night. If you are looking for a cheap, good value, stay here. If you want more u will be disappointed. And please tourists, be very careful if you leave the resort. While i was there, i heard of people who were either attacked robbed or killed who went off the resorts at night or early morning. As far as i hear DR is notorious for that. Dont mean to scare anyone. I had a great time. Just be careful and sensible. Hope you enjoy your vacations!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Jeanelle R
Reviewed 17 March 2012

This was visit #8 for me at this property since 2003. (2003-2005-2007/8/9/10/11/12)- First of all it is rated as a 3 stars, so do NOT expect 30 stars- BUT:

-As a returning guest, I received an upgrade and a small gift (Fruit basket & Rhum).
- I went with a teenager (17- my son) and my parents (late 60s). Since everything is on "one level"- it makes it very easy for people that have issues with health/walking.
-Rooms are super clean with new pillows and fresh towels/pillow cases EVERY DAY. No issues with hot water, soap, etc.- All good and working well.
-The pool was sparking clean with a large swim -up bar- Never had a shortage of beer and or liquor at ANY bars/beach or pool.
- Restaurants were very good (Beach/buffet à la carte and the pizza counter)
- Lots of chairs at the pool and/or beach- no issues to get one.
- Beach area is very clean and lots of space- a short walk from the hotel (6-7 minutes) or take the free shuttle. Full bar service and restaurant for lunch.
- Piano bar at night with lobby bar, a great way to relax!!!
- At the end of the day(week)- I go south to enjoy the weather- which I was lucky to have- a great Week full of sun and very hot- a clean (basic) room is all I need.
- Would I go back?? YES- but again, this is a "No Frills" but the value for your $$ is worth it!!

Room Tip: If you are staying for more than a week- consider a master suite. Superior rooms have balcony and mi...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank drlove37
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I never wanted to do a review on Puerto Plata Village, because I wanted to keep this pearl to myself. But after going down in March this year and the Guest Services Rep. Carella asking me to review the resort, (because i've been there 8 times!), I felt I owed them that much.
I've been to Allegro and Grand Vantana and what used to be the Viva Wyndom, but for my money I keep going back to Puerto Plata Village.
First of all I have to say that do to a screw-up on the part of the salesperson for Puerto Plata Village with the airlines, they were dropped, from where we are from. My wife and I started to explore other options... Grand Vantana was very nice and directly on the ocean, it was also about 30% more. Viva Wyndom was horrible, and now is no more. Allegro, which is directly across from Puerto Plata Village was also very nice, but is more geared for familys with small children.
Comparitively, Puerto Plata Village has the best food of all the resorts we've been to. Their Italian alacart is uncomprimising in their quality as well as there service. Their swim up bar is the best we've been to, and that includes Blau Natura Park in Punta Cana.
The team of service people from the barmen to the people who keep your linen clean are top notch, from when you arrive, till the time you leave you are family.
One of the main reasons I've never spoken of the Puerto Plata Village in the past is because its never been crowded there and I didn't want that, or the price to change because it got to popular.
However, I feel an obligation to my Dominican family to let people know they're missing the pearl of the Caribbean if they dont go to Puerto Plata Village.
P.S. Tell them Rick sent you.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends