4,879 results
All reviews snack bar danny boy gourmet restaurant dominican republic a la carte restaurants entertainment staff great resort spaghetti beach volleyball other resorts kids club recommend this resort hot dogs large pool punta cana stayed in building flea market
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This was our fifth time in DR and the worst resort we ever been to. Food, drinks, shows are very poir. Restaurants are bad, some (Lobster House) don't even exist. Nothing to do for the kids. No planned daily activities in this place.

Room Tip: Stay from the theater.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Be Live Hotels
5  Thank bziukmail
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Visited the Be Live Marien from March 21-28, 2018, travelled down alone and met family there. Had read lots of reviews ranging from excellent to awful. Keep and open mind and take the awful with a grain of salt! LOL

I have done many all inclusive trips, and this was a very nice hotel. If you are expecting 5*, please remember it's the DR and not NY lol.

Rooms are a little dated, but kept nice and clean, comfy beds, great ac, well stocked fridge, and beautiful ocean views. Would definitely recommend upgrading to ocean view, as I started with "Supersaver" and ended up changing since the view was terrible but that was my own fault. Price is worth it! I heard complaints of no hot water in bldg. 9 but bldg. 1 had plenty! Resort was kept very clean, public bathrooms always tidy and well stocked, beautiful lobby and the casino outside the front was a nice evening out.

Frank at the front desk was very helpful with my room upgrade and Pedro was AMAZING at helping me move rooms, taking me to see the new one first, then back and forth to move luggage! A real pleasure to have him help me and he was so kind and happy!

Food was good at the buffet, could always find something good to eat. Get your salad and cold items first and then hot foods and you won't have a problem with cold food by the time you get to your table :) Mediterranean and Brazilian al a carte were delicious but Brazilian was especially yummy. Didn't love Mexican. Maybe the best food I've had at an all inclusive resort.

Staff at the resort were so helpful and friendly, remembered what you were drinking, or chatting about your stay, front desk girls were awesome and pool bartenders amazing!

Never had a problem getting a chair at the pool, shade was hard to find because people try to save spots all day with towels and never show up. I started just moving towels, all the signs say it's forbidden to save shade so I followed the rules! Pool had two areas, one quieter and the other with activities, so you could pick what you felt like. Evening shows were good.

The only thing I found was missing was a lobby bar or any place that you could sit up at the bar alone and chat with other travellers or even the bartender. You always had to just walk up to the bar, get a drink and then go sit at a table alone, which made it hard to meet other people. A swim up bar would have been lovely but other than that, I loved the resort.

Had a great time at this resort and wouldn't hesitate to go back!

Room Tip: Ocean view is worth the extra $!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Sarah Q
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Okay. So I have never written a review in my life and before I begin I want to thank you to the people who do because I usually have had amazing experiences based on this website in past vacations. Unfortunately not this time.

I am currently at the be live grand marien. And all I have to say is, you get what you pay for. By far it is the worst all inclusive I have ever been to. The food is awful. You get here and normally when I get to an all inclusive the first night you can’t get a reservation at the al la cart restaurants, which is expected, but by second night you should..... well not the case here. Wait online at 730am to be told. They’re full so they cant accommodate you until the next night. But when your there only 3 nights you eat in buffet the whole time... awful. Then online the couple in front of me argued and got put thru to a reservation as an “exception”. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE. Had to leave resort to pay for dinner, meanwhile I booked an all inclusive..... NEVER AGAIN! Can’t get dinner reservations, buffet is awful and cold, staff is rude and don’t care at all, then when you wanna get a new towel, your told come back. Then your told when you come back, no we don’t have. They are super rude and not inviting and welcoming at all. The rooms are gross. I was honestly looking for an escape from the New York cold weather so booked this as a last minute getaway thru JetBlue. The only thing enjoyable has been the flight bc JetBlue is amazing. I’ve always stayed at iberostar and rius and I have to say I will continue with that. Because this place is absolutely awful. Beach isn’t even that nice, pool is better. But the staff is awful and the guest services is a joke. Good luck. I DO NOT recommend booking here if you are looking for a true all inclusive like the riu. The only reason why I didn’t book Riu is because the reviews were awful and these were better... surely I was fooled. Never again. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY COMING FROM A TRUE NEW YORKER. GO ELSEWHERE IN DR!!!!!!! You suck be live, you should be ashamed.

Sorry for my negativity, I’m just a very well rounded traveler especially to all inclusive and this place needs a complete overhaul. Rooms, food, staff, everything.

Stayed: April 2018
4  Thank Stephanie W
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We traveled March 21st to 28th,
First off let me say UPGRADE TO VIP!!! It was sooo worth it!
Everything was very clean and well maintained, the rooms were large and very nice. The beds were very comfortable. The housekeeping staff especially in the VIP section were incredible! They kept everything spotless and well stocked every day! We stayed in room 9230 which was an Ocean view room on the corner which was very private. My only complaint was the lack of hot water in building 9... the best we got was luke warm.

FOOD

The buffet was good with lots of delicious selections

Mylos - The Mediterranean restaurant was AMAZING we went twice! The Red Snapper and the Veal were to die for! The service was also excellent!

The Brizillian restaurant was also excellent, we went twice and the meat was perfectly cooked both time!

The Mexican restaurant was okay but definitely not our favorite.

All in all this was great trip, it renewed our faith in the Dominican! We will be back!

Room Tip: Something on the 2nd floor with an ocean view!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank illtryanything
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We have been to D.R twice and Mexico numerous times and I have to the buffet and a la cartes and entertainment and staff were the best I have ever experienced. We arrived after the flood and the staff was so busy cleaning up, the only day it was annoying was because was the pool was being drained and refilled and the excavator on beach fixing the washout. Our AC did not work for two nights but the staff was fast and replaced the whole system to make us comfy, they even called numerous times to ask us if we were happy and cool. The interaction with guests and staff at the evening shows were so funny, I have never laughed so hard before. My flip flops were stolen off the beach from under my chair so pack them with you. Beach volleyball was excellent, pool activities were fun and I even attended a beach wedding, it was beautiful. Location is amazing, 20 minutes from airport and 30 minutes to Puerto Plata a beautiful town and the architecture is amazing. We travelled with my bro in law and hubby and never had a dull moment and met many many great people, the Casino was cool , our friend lost $100 but our other friend won $500! The club off of property above the casino is cool to experience but not for us guests it's more for the locals and very busy !!

Stayed: March 2018