“Great Family vacation!!”

Ranked #23 of 41 Hotels in Puerto Plata
ontario
“Great Family vacation!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2007

My husband and I took our 3 children, 13,11 and 9 on our first family vacation on Jun 3 -07. The weather was amazing!!
The resort was great for families, the kids club worked hard at making the stay enjoyable ....the sports counter was great for our son. The kids really enjoyed being there, the staff were friendly, the food was great however, was ready to come home to eat by the end of the week. The a la cartes were good, recomend the steak at both italian and the grill for sure!
Our only complaint was the sellers on the beach they were really overwhelming, too many hanging around this end of the beach.
Every experience is different however if you try to remember that these people are working hard to make your stay enjoyable, and that you are not in your own country so dont expect it to be classed as it would be here, you will have a great time!
Tips: bring 30 plus sunscreen (expensive there) advil, ear plugs if needed, bug spray ( they were bad in the evening)

Dont Go For the Tour they offer you of the Flaminco it is a waste of your vacation time!!!

To snorkel go left on the beach follow up past the stream that runs to the ocean, cross, and in front of the Grand Ventanna you will find coral, bring a bananna and some bread and you will be amazed at the beauty!!

ENJOY!

• Liked — loved the pools, great to have options, the sports area and the kids club.
  • Disliked — the sellers along the beach,
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank pardyx5
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2007

I have been to this resort four times and each time has been a wonderful experience. The staff is very friendly and always willing to assist you anyway they can. The food is good and there are plenty of spots for food and beverage throughout the entire day. Be sure to get out and visit some of the surrounding towns and/or hotels.

• Liked — scenic views, clean, friendly staff, plenty of food
  • Disliked — I would have liked to see a little more variety of food and maybe an additional sit-down restaurant
  • Stayed October 2003, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mhomola14
Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2007

We found this resort fabulous, the staff go above and beyond and are always smiling. I can safely say the staff were the most pleasant people. Always cleaning and straightning up. The cleanliness was unbeatable the beach breathtaking and the location incredible. I plan to return here several times and recommend this resort to everyone and anyone. It's worthwhile and memorable, and a chance of a lifetime.

• Liked — The staff and how friendly and pleasant they were and the view and the BEACH
  • Disliked — The long drive from Puerto Plata airport 95 mins and the stairs to the beach
  • Stayed January 2005, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank CanadaCassie
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2007

Avoid this hotel. someone walked into our room in the middle of the night. rooms do not have very good security. if you have to stay in puerto plata then avoid this place, otherwise stay in punta cana.

Stayed February 2006
4 Thank CharlesLondon1

Travellers are raving about these Puerto Plata hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2006

Talk about a totally relaxing vacation. We went as a family. The children totally had fun. Could hardly get my son out of the games room, he's a red head so the shade was most most welcomed. The people there were great. The daily routines of entertainment were great but very repetitive, we still enjoyed how they managed to get people involved. We didn't visit the dico, too tired at the end of the day. My children participated in the evening shows, amazed me as they are both quite shy. We all met people from various parts of the world. The rooms were always emaculate.the food I loved, omelettes were the best I've had. I know a lot of people said the variety wasn't that great, but it was absolutely perfect for us.

The worst part of my vacation was the SaSousa beach trip. Never before have I felt such pressure, I felt like I was being attacked from all sides to purchase something, some people love that stuff, I felt like I never wanted to leave the resort again. I'm a browsing shopper - don't like the high pressure stuff, realize that's how they make their money, but there was not any browsing through the shops.

The beach was absolutely amazing, every day was a red flag day, but it was beautiful.

The pool was perfect, lot of places to relax.

I would most defintely return. This was our first all inclusive resort vacation, already planning for next year.

I will add photo's later.

Stayed March 2006
5.8 km away
ApartHotel Costambar
ApartHotel Costambar
#2 of 15 in Puerto Plata

Been to Hotel Playa Grande? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK