We were supposed to spend 10 nights in Gran Ventana but only ended up spending 1 moving to Riu Bachata for the rest of our stay. I am sure at some point it was a very nice 3 o 3 1/2 star hotel but it needs updating and staff efforts cannot cover for it. Nothing bad happened it was simply a lot of small things we didn’t like but more on that later.
By far the best feature of the hotel is the beach, clean sand, barely any corral or rocks. Unfortunately even that is somewhat tarnished by constant barrage of vendors trying to sell you everything from jewelry to trips. All are polite and most will move on as soon as you say ‘no’ others are more insistent. And they are relentless you get approached regardless of whether you just sun bathing talking or even sleeping. My wife counted in a span of 30 minutes in the morning we were approached 18 times.
Besides the beach other positive things are: friendly staff, bar right near the beach, lunch being cooked at the beach.
Now back to the issues with the hotel:
Main buffet is not air-conditioned and it is hot in there in June.
Torn blankets/covers on the beds
Rusty shower head and light switch so dirty we didn’t want to touch
They charge you for Wi-Fi - $6 an hour and for safe $20 a week. (Riu Bachata has it for free)
Refrigerator in the room barely cooled just below room temperature
Very limited food selection.
I could go on but you get the picture.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Ventana Beach Hotel
- Gran Ventana Dominican Republic
- Gran Ventana Puerto Plata
- Gran Ventana Beach Resort Puerto Plata
- Hotel Gran Ventana Beach
- Grand Ventana Beach Resort
- Gran Ventana Hotel Dominican Republic