Just returned from a 2 week stay at the Grand Paradise. Hotel was advertised as a 4 star resort, I found it was more a 2-3 star. I have travelled extensively around the Caribbean over the last 30 years. My first impression as I walked in the lobby... "What a shabby tired looking room" Rooms were clean. Food was insipid and of poor quality, even the 2 a la carte restaurants. Service was slow in buffet with long line ups every evening. Had food poisoning for the last 4 days of my trip. Beach was lovely but no beach service, umbrellas or cabanas. Entertainment was poor. Domestic drinks of cheapest quality.
Certainly would not reccomend this resort and would not be returning to this "no frills" hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Grand Paradise Playa Dorada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Paradise Playa Dorada Hotel Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Resort Casino
- Paradise Beach Puerto Plata
- Paradise Beach Club Casino