“Jesus - Highly recommended”

Airport Pop Taxi Dominican Republic
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We don’t usually write reviews but Jesus definitely deserves a five-star rating! Well first, he’s named after the Big Man, that’s gotta count! Also, Jesus is the nicest Dominican we’ve met! We initially hired him for hotel transfer only but he ended up being our own personal tour guide for the entirety of our vacation. He gave us good helpful tips and was willing to make changes on tours. One of the tours we did was the Playa Grande tour and he allowed us to add another location for a nominal fee. He’s always on time, and has a good sense of humor... just a joy to be around! When he found out that I was celebrating my birthday, he played a nice Spanish birthday song on his player and everyone sang along! What a sweet and thoughtful guy! And to top it off, his rates are affordable, so before you book any transfers or tours, make sure to contact him first. He responds almost immediately. You won’t regret it! We are definitely blessed to have found an amazing friend in Puerto Plata, DR!

1  Thank Sferns44
"school"
"resort"
"excursions"

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We booked Jesus through email a week prior to our vacation in Puerto Plata. My parents had arrived a week before my fiance and I and highly recommended him. They had mentioned me and he wanted to contact me directly and book ahead. Anyways, I emailed him and asked for a quote - $33 USD from the airport to Viva Wyndham V Heavens. When we arrived he was waiting outside the airport for us with my last name on a big sign. He was full of smiles and had ice cold beer ready for us. On our way to the resort he chatted a bit and had great Dominican music on. We arrived at our resort well ahead of the Sunwing bus and were the only ones there to be checked in. We gave him a great tip and a gift for his great service and he wanted us to book a return trip back to the airport when we were leaving (we didn't and highly regret it). I would highly recommend Jesus to anyone visiting Puerto Plata and looking to get to their resort ahead of the transfer bus!!! Rates are great and service is excellent!!!

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I booked Jesus for my 3 days trip to Puerto Plata, Sosua, and Cabarete. I booked him full 3 full days mainly because I wanted a guide who could speak Spanish and I was a little bit worried about safety. Jesus provided me excellent service. He was always on time and he took me to various places. He also negotiated on behalf of me and worked as a translator when required. More importantly, he is a very friendly guy who always smiles and enjoys his life. His English speaking skill is very limited though. I overall had a very good time with him and I highly recommend him.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

My husband and I used Jesus's service to get transferred to the hotel in Puerto Plata and returned to the airport at the end of the trip. Though his english is limited (as well as is our spanish! lol) his personality made up for it, as he was extremely friendly and made us comfortable somewhere we had never been before. He showed up for the return trip early and the email contact before our trip to set up the transport was quick and efficient communication. We had found him here on Tripadvisor, and so glad we did. We will definitely contact him in the future if we return to the area!