All reviewsparque colonpeople watchingzona colonialoverlooking the squareexcellent locationview from the balconyhotel with friendly stafflovely balconycan't beat the locationthe ground floorel condecentral locationdominican republiccathedralplazachannelsac
Reviewed 3 May 2017

This hotel could not be more central on Parc Colon in the centre of Zona Colonial. It is located above the most popular bar/restaurant on the square but despite it’s location I found it quiet. My room cost $US 67 per night including breakfast for two in the restaurant below. Everything worked; shower, A/C, internet etc. The room seemed clean with a comfortable bed, good TV with a huge variety of channels and a well equipped bathroom.
Good value for the money and I’ll use it again.

Room Tip: some rooms are internal
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank David P
Reviewed 2 April 2017

This is a charming older hotel right in the heart of the Colonial district. So convenient to walk around and see the sights. I only wish they had a walking tour map of the area! No such luck at the hotel or any of the surrounding stores. I managed to find my way around just fine and felt safe even though I was by myself. Very friendly and helpful front desk staff. The room itself was just fine for me. AC worked fine, the bathroom was also fine (they could use a few updates there).I had a wonderful view out of my window at the first City Hall of America. In the evening there was a steady stream of traffic, cars, motorcycles, pedestrians up and down the street and it was quite noisy into the late night. Not a big deal for me though, I was happy to be in the heart of the Colonial City!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

We only had dinner at this hotel. After arriving in Santo Domingo we walked from the Antiquo Europa hotel to toward the marketplace and had a beer here. Nice and cold! We stayed to have dinner. Quality of our dishes was good. Nice taste, balanced seasoning. We chicken Asopao. The view from the terrace is fine, you can see far but also enjoy the busy street life.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 6 March 2017

We go to the CZ fairly often but had not stayed here. I called ahead and the lady at the desk was very helpful and booked our room.. Our room had a great view over the zone and did I mention the location is premium.. Price was good, room was good. Will stay here again..

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

This hotel has it all when it comes to location in Santo Domingo's zona colonial. It's from a day gone by and but the location makes up for it. You are in easy walking distance to historical sites and restaurants. The staff was pleasant. Our room although a bit dated and shop worn was comfortable. We had a balcony over looking El Parque Colon. From our balcony, we listened to street musicians while enjoying a drink.There was a restaurant on the first level and sidewalk cafe on the park's edge. The hotel's reception area is on the second floor. This hotel is not for the handicapped or clients unable to do stairs. No elevators.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple