Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 June 2018

The hotel is a great place to stay at a cheap prize!
It includes Free parking a Great View and is in close proximity to Plaza Coral which has a movie theater, plenty of stores among other things.

I would love to come back again sometime!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank CristopherR54
Reviewed 11 April 2018

The Acuarium Resort is a luxurious suite hotel. I have been going to this Hotel for the past 18 years. I often frequent Santo Domingo and I have yet to stay at any other resort where you get a whole apartment, kitchen and balcony included for $45 -65 per day. The grounds are impeccable, the staff is very accommodating and the atmosphere is one of comfort and safety. Eating our can be costly, so having a fully stocked kitchen with all the cooking utensils is a must for me. If you prefer, you can include meals in your reservations as the hotel has a hot and cold menu selection up until 8:00pm. It is 20 minutes from the airport and 20 minutes from the Capital. This Hotel is the best keep secret in Santo Domingo. Trust me you wont be disappointed.

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank Wendellbrnx
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Where do I start ok no hot water but who cares it’s so hot the cold water feels great super big room the staff is very helpful pool is great I did not get a chance to try the restaurant bed was comfortable had kitchen I brought you own towels but I always do that the hotel it’s self is awesome but it’s when you leave the room if you not street smart they will rip you a new one hooes on the corner look like smokers the wanna be club across the street is a drug spot if you want food it’s a lil walk down but like I say you have to be some type of street smart or they will get you. lots of clubs and bars short walk down if you like walking but the hotel is great best room ever for $40 bucks

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I didn't expect a five star hotel but you get what you pay for. The stuff was awesome, the place was clean, I stayed for 5 days and I got everything I needed for me, my mom and my cousin. We really enjoyed the place. If we had to go back to the Dominican Republic, we would choose that hotel again.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank r0sepierre
Reviewed 24 May 2017

I booked this hotel through Government Rewards Vacations for family vacation 03-10 April 2017. We stayed at this hotel 03-07 April 2017 before moving to the J.W. Marriot 07-10 April 2017 to finish our vacation.

Not highly recommended for children as no real place in the hotel for them to eat and I would not advise letting them walk around the outside of the hotel if their Spanish and street knowledge are low.

This hotel best serves as a place to lay your head at night and catch a taxi to various tourist locations or attraction during the daytime, not a lot in the room. This is perfect for adults looking to do tourism on the cheap and swing high at the end of their vacation. Strong 2 ½ star hotel with very clean grounds and friendly staff.

Pictures are actual pictures of the property not photo shopped however; focused at specific angles that optimized the view. As most have mentioned the property is very dated, stuck in the 80s.

A good indicator of the hotel star rating for this property is the fact that the property is a hotel/residence (think what this means in the USA). No 4-5 star hotels in the USA are Hotel/Residences.

The cafe looks like the picture however; food service is very limited. Most of the meals are served buffet style in Chafer dishes without a menu. One day the breakfast was runny eggs with diced ham mixed into the eggs.

Bar looks like the picture however; very small. No more than what you see, that is the sitting area. Bar area is 12X12.

WiFi is centrally located in the quasi lobby area and extends to the rooms however; the farther away you are from the lobby the weaker the signal. I could only get WiFi in the balcony area of the room and sitting on the steps leading to the front door. I could not get WiFi in the bedroom.

The picture of the pool is an actual picture. The pool is inside of the hotel with an open ceiling. The pool is kept very clean and reminds me of a large backyard pool that goes from 3' to 6'.

The pictures of the room are actual pictures however; at angles that do not highlight the aged furniture and appliances. The air conditioner that you see in the picture of the room is the only cooling source for the bedroom, dining room, and bathroom. Most of the time I just closed the bedroom door so that I could come back to a cool bedroom at night and would just open the outer doors at night while I was awake to circulate the air. One television within the space and the television is a 1990 12". The shower is equivalent to a stall. Towel and maid service is scarce and the towels are aged, bring your own set of towels if you are looking for soft towels. At least 2 days went by that I did not have fresh towels delivered to the room. No microwave in the room and no real heating source to warmup food. Mini, and I do mean mini refrigerator that gave me to creeps to place anything inside without the magic of Lysol, good thing I carry with me as no close grocery stores.

Taxi/Shuttle Service:
They have a standby taxi driver service that is equivalent to UBER, ask how much the trip is before you depart and you have the option of having the driver return to pick you up at a specific time. Most of the time, the taxi drivers want the cost of the round trip upfront if you decide on that option. Just give them the pickup time and location, usually the drop off location. They are actually the best rate going, usually half the cost of tourist taxi drivers. I did not want to constraint my time so I paid the lower fee to go to my destination and paid the higher fee on the return.

Location:
You are close to all major attractions, Los Tres Ojos (1.5mi) Aquarium (.8mi) Colonial Zone (3mi) beach (.3mi) restaurants (.5mi) sex house/club (.1mi) Boca Chica (20mi) Airport (15mi). The area surrounding the hotel is Ghetto however; some good places to eat within walking distance stay on the main road and mind your business. You are in the middle of the Ghetto and the people around the area speak very little English. If approached most likely a sex proposition male and female. Tourist sex is popular for both males and females. If you are into the scene pass on the street sex and just go to one of many sex houses. A small store, bodaga, with very very limited items, mostly beverages is across the street from the hotel. The bus stops right in front of the hotel.

Date of stay: April 2017