“Comfortable and CLEAN!”

Ranked #44 of 79 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Miami, Florida
“Comfortable and CLEAN!”
Reviewed 21 March 2011

At first sight you might have second thoughts about staying here, judging from the outside ruckus that you will see on the weekends. Once inside, you're in another dimension. This hotel is a nice, quaint, comfortable and clean place to sleep overnight or have an extended stay. If you are looking for expensive sheets, towels and luxury soaps, skip it. It is a no-frills place but very comfortable and most important, very clean.
Front desk and security guard in front are very pleasant and welcoming. Check in will be very smooth. The rooms itself are big - it has a living/dining area, kitchen, bedroom and bath. Only thing though - I wish they had a TV in the bedroom and not only in the living room.
Breakfast is not included but for around $6 you can enjoy a variety of "continental" fare. They do provide morning coffee and tea on the house.
Overall, I give it a 2 thumbs up!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank bx10459
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lanham, Maryland
Reviewed 9 December 2010

I have use the hotel so many times since 2005 when my friend Henry decided to buy there. He purchase a two bedroom two bath, the apt/room is great especially when you have guest. I love Chris, she makes me and my friends feel right at home. I was sorry to hear that Chris no longer works there. My trip this time was not up to par, the room I usually use everytime I visit was molding smelling and the televison get not work. I ask to move to another room which was four stories up and the air only work in the bedrooms which was not pleasant.and my friend had a fit because our two bedroom two bath is in the newer building very modern. The service was ok but I understand it was taken over by new management so hopefully when I return this July everything will be working and the service top rate again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank redronnie_10
Bronx
Reviewed 22 September 2010

My family and I recently stay for approximately five days at this hotel. I must say I was pleasantly surprised by the accomodations; spacious and tropically decorated room. The room did have a small mold problem in the bathroom and no AC in the livingroom/diningroom/additional room aread, but okay. The staff was really helpful and friendly. The restaurant on site mainly serves italian fare, but I must say that the food was quite good and affordable. Now..having said all of that...I was really taken aback by the amount of single man staying at the hotel and shocked by the amount of them that were accompanied by what were very apparently local prostitutes. Furthermore there is what appears to be a bordello just accross the street (my husband got propositioned when we passed the place in our car with our kid in the back). This really took away from the hotel, which is generally lovely and nicer than the pictures posted on line. I would not recommend this place for a family nor would I recommend it for someone who wants to be near city attractions unless you are renting a car or feel very comfortable traveling around Santo Domingo. The hotel is about a block away from the sea, however, it is not waterfront nor can you or should you safely walk this area at night. Acuarium is fine for the price, but I don't recommended for families looking for a tropical getaway.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
8 Thank Morena75
NEWjERSEY
Reviewed 23 October 2008

People giving reviews are ridiculous.Vicente,Wesito,Maurico all went to this faboulous hotel.W e had a wonderful time Cris the manager we love ,love her dearly. Anna the cook is fabolous and Vicente is truly in love with her cookin making her a very hot addition to the staff .We say this because we are frequent guests of the establishment since our arrival on 2005.AND WE WILL BE BACK IN FEB. OF 2009.

• Liked — STAFF
  • Disliked — PAY FOR A GREAT TRIP
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank WESITO
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 17 May 2008

This place was right off the freeway, that was a plus for such a big country... but the service wasn't that great. The room was okay, but when we asked for towels, they were stingy and we had to ask 3 times! My boyfriend and I were disgusted by the sorry food, you'd think you couldn't really mess up a ham sandwich! The energy was not there, the staff definitely needs to step up the smiles and management needs to make sure they are clearly there for customer service! I know that those essential things would have made a great deal of a change of how I experienced hotel acuarium. Every hotel should get rated on that.

• Liked — convenient location to Santo Domingo
  • Disliked — SERVICE/food/hospitality
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank dj_imi_aimee