US$ 161
US$ 88
Barcelo Santo Domingo(Santo Domingo)
US$ 96
Hotels.com
US$ 144
US$ 132
Priceline
Casa Naemie(Santo Domingo)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 30/07
US$ 54
US$ 39
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 61/night.

Hotel Plaza Del Sol(Santo Domingo)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$ 46
US$ 45
All reviewscolonial roomozama rivercolonial zonefrench embassybeautiful hotelhistoric locationlas damasold cityconcierge deskmodern conveniencesdominican republicplaza espanahistorical sitesthe ground floorbreakfast buffet isthe location is perfectrooms are comfortable
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

A great little hotel with lots of the Colonial era charm right on the iconic Calle Las Damas, very closed to Calle El Conde and Plaza de España.
The renovated rooms are confortable and the social areas like restaurant, patio and pool area are very nice and well mantained.
A lot of historical places within walking distance, as well as good restaurants and fun bars and night life.
If I was to visit Sto Dgo for one, or more nights, this would be the place!

Stayed: June 2017
AlvarOjeda, General Manager at Hodelpa Nicolas de Ovando, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Hello Carlos E

On behalf of the staff at Hodelpa Nicolas de Ovando, we want to thank you for sharing your experiences with the Trip Advisor community.

We are very happy to see that mosts aspects of your stay went well.

We will be delighted to have you stay with us in your next visit to Santo Domingo.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I loved their decor and the kindness of the staff. The meals were great. The rooms are very neat, clean, and comfortable. The surroundings is safe and very nice to go sightseeing. The price is justified by what you get. I had to leave early to the airport and they were so kind to prepare a small breakfast with all you can expect (not a simple bread and butter thing, but an exquisite cheese, ham, baguette française and all). I strongly recommend.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Hello Sam H

Reviewed 22 July 2017

This is a property that always caught my attention because it is a historic building of the conquest of the new world
In itself is a building of the 1500 and has an historical glamour that breathes in the walls of this beautiful hotel
At the moment it is in the process of remodeling and we hope that the new company will introduce the details that modernize the rooms, that at the moment in the need of a substantial improvement
The service is nice but needs, like the structure of the hotel, to finish getting together
It will surely become a top 7 in the city of Santo Domingo and one of the top 4 of the Colonial City
If you are looking for the romanticism of the conquest and historical buildings, this is an excellent choice

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello JME

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

You should come back and see our new lobby. We gave it a new decor touch and all of our clients say it looks terrific. We added new air conditioning, so the place is cool. Sitting there to just relax is a blessing.

The gym is also finished. We have new cardio machines as well as weight lifting equipment.

Our new Clum Imperial rooms are also finished. We added new wifi throughout the entire property, really fast and reliable.

And our staff is more enthusiastic, more attentitivem, but with the same warm heart and passion for detail that we teach them to use with all of our guests.

We look forward to see you!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

The good news- Hotel is physically very nice. Well appointed rooms, great pool area, good food. Housekeeping and bar staff are great and Yeimi at the Concierge Desk really shines. She is incredibly helpful.

Some real downsides when it comes to service. The Front Desk agents (thus far) have been difficult. The kid that checked me in was extremely slow and didnt seem to know what he was doing. He insisted on having someone show me to my room, which I didnt need. He was very adamant, as was I. Finally a female manager stepped in and explained the property was rather large and there was construction so it would be best to be escorted. Totally understandable, but why the FD agent didnt come out with this was not a good way to begin my stay, especially after a 7 hour travel day.

Room Service is also a challenge. Nobody seems to speak English. This made ordering an unpleasant experience. One morning I had to call the Front Desk to order, which I never received.

Another annoyance is there is no room on checks from the bar/restaurant/room svc for tip. There is a "servicio" amount already added, which a barman explained to me is not a gratuity and that would need to be separate. But with no room on the physical check to add this, one is expected to give cash which is not convenient

My biggest complaint comes with a guest I had for the day yesterday for lunch and to hang out at the pool. While they made him sign in and collect his ID (perhaps necessary for safety, but still not exactly a luxury experience), they insisted on charging me $50. For someone to come and eat with me and enjoy the pool? This really felt like a shakedown. Because I'm American? Because I'm a gay guy traveling alone? It leaves a really bad taste.

I am a travel planner and former hotel sales person. While this property is in a great location and physically a great product, these service issues really prevent me from being able to recommend the hotel again. I think it's best to stick with a more recognizable brand (JW Marriott, Sheraton, etc.) in order to receive the service one is more accustomed too.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank doneilhkny

Hello doneilhkn

We are sorry to see that some aspects of your stay did not go so well. We also feel it is important to clarify that your sexual orientation has nothing to do with the fact that we do ask for ID to all guest's visitors to the public areas, and just as it is the norm in all hotels, to all of our registered guests. That is company policy, a law and a common practice in all hotels worldwide and it is aimed at keeping adequate records for all matters, but mostly security and liability. We apologize that you found this frustrating.

About gratuities, all visitors to the Dominican Republic must be aware that there are two charges to all food and beverge items:

10% mandaroty tipping (Law Mandate 5432 from 1960) applies to all food and drink items that are served by wait staff.
18% VAT Tax (locally known as ITBIS)

This is also law compliance and it is clearly expressed in the menu both in Spanish and English.

Any additional tipping is completely voluntary, proportional to the quality of service received.

Sorry to see that all of these issues have dissapointed you. We wish you all the best.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Loved this hotel!!! Excelent service! People are so nice, they decorated our room with roses and candles! We were so happy and had such a magical night!

The rooms are nice and very comfortable. Loved all the old details the hotel preserves.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple