All reviews taxi service guide island dominica internet
Reviewed 17 April 2017

Pepper was a fortuitous discovery. We were actually supposed to stay at another location (that had overbooked), and were sent to Pepper's Cottage. Pepper was a most generous host. In all liklihood, his lodging prices are probably the most reasonable on the island. He took us numerous places around Roseau without charge to facilitate meals and sightseeing trips. He also got us into the most popular local hot springs baths free of charge, based on the quality and volume of visitors he was accustomed to bringing to their location. We also had time to talk about current events on the island (tail end of Carnival) over pours of various types of rum. He helped further by presenting historical issues of interest to me, since I am a writer and history nut. This man is very well informed. On top of his generosity, he is gracious and charming. From his tours and added taxi service, It seems that everybody on Dominica knows Pepper!

Room Tip: Bottom floor rooms a bit cooler and have superior AC.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I visited Dominica for the second time in March 2013. I loved the Island so much on my first visit, I had to go back. Pepper was instrumental in making sure I had the best possible experience! He picked me up from the airport & returned me to the airport & I stayed at his lovely cottage. He is also a tour guide & experienced driver, and knows as much about the Island as anyone can. When he says, "It's all about you, with Pepper." He means it. He will accommodate his guests in any & every imaginable way. He will schedule tours for you & guide you there too if you choose. He will take as many photos as you like, make as many stops as you'd like & he will change any plan at your wish. He will stop at nothing to make sure you are happy & enjoying yourself in Dominica. There is so much to see & do & Pepper will make sure you will. He is THE most hospitable person I've ever met. My experience was surreal, hiking in the rainforests, visiting waterfalls, snorkeling, the beach, the city, the food & interacting with the local people. Dominica is a special unique majestic place & the best way to fully experience it, is with PEPPER! I can't thank him enough for all that he did for me & I can't wait to go back again!

Room Tip: All of Peppers cottages are well equipped, clean and have amazing views of the Caribbean Sea & the mountains!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SummerR711
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Stayed at the Cottage for a few days while we were in Roseau to watch the cricket in April 2012. The cottage is basic, functional and, to be honest, quite grotty - it could really do with a good clean and some maintenance. For example, the bathroom had old, used cakes of soap from previous visitors, the small pool needed a clean and the floor a good scrub. Location was not too bad, just a short walk over the bridge to the centre of town area (Roseau is lovely by the way), supermarkets next door and around the corner, the market just over the bridge - good stop for fresh fruit in the morning - and a small laundromat a few short steps away. The cottage could be great if it was cleaned properly. Other than that, I do have to mention that Pepper was really a nice and decent guy. He arranged a mobile phone for us and is an accomodating, charming and knowledgeable host.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anita68
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I am someone who is on the leading edge of what's next for how humans "be" on this planet. I am highly educated, highly trained, highly aware, highly enlightened, all that non-sense people talk about...

Pepper blew my mind. I had no idea what I was getting into with this man...

He woke me up in the morning, and put me to bed for 4 days straight!!!!!!!! I didn't have to worry about a thing.

Every time I would ask for something it was already on it's way and planned. What I got trained in is "being," you know... relaxing and NOT THINKING!!!! Which Americans never do! I don't mean thinking about politics or world issues, I mean having thoughts. Pepper could tell when my mind wasn't clear or I was worried and he would tell me to stop, just so I would enjoy my vacation. It was the craziest thing.

I also fully believe that I experienced more of Dominica in 4 days than anyone has in the history of the world. I also don't mean "sight seeing," I mean EXPERIENCING, like the experience of Dominica running through my veins.

Pepper is the man. He has impacted my life and impacted the life of people very close and dear to me by the lessons he tough me. He doesn't claim to be a teacher but if you listen to how he "be's" as a human being and what he says, you may find that you have a lot you can learn from him.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2010

My husband and I spent three nights at Peppers B&B. Pepper was also our taxi driver and tour guide. Our main purpose for visiting Dominica was to visit the Boiling Lake. We left at 6am for an early start and Pepper was the best tour guide ever. He kept us smiling throughout our arduos journey and shared his knowledge of the rainforest. He told us repeatedly that we would go at our own pace stopping to take photo's and rest in the hot spring pool. After nine hours hiking Pepper took us to Screws natural spa baths where we relaxed our aching muscles.
Pepper made a tour of our last day leaving at 3am to catch sight of the Jaco parrots, of which we saw two! Nothing was too much trouble, he even provided refreshments on our trip to Emerald pool, which we had all to ourselves. The accomodation is just as you see it on the video. Pepper is very knowledgable of the Island and is happy to advise on what can be achieved for the duration of your holiday. Pepper does not disappoint!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple